No announcement yet.

Ollie - The Best Man For The Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Chery;No way, he is a useless player, I feel he was more one of those who didn`t want to be here. and that showed.
    Last edited by Shania; 21-01-2017, 09:57 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I don't think he's a bad player, I just think he wasn't the right player for what we were playing him as. As 77 said, he drops really deep to win the ball and we just get left with a gap because neither of our midfielders behind him would push up.
      In my opinion he's worse then bad but I have explained why in other threads won't hijack this one but the evidence is there for all too see far better and more consistent side without him

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        We need players and badly.
        Treating a home draw with Fulham like a huge achievement shows that.
        Holloway has already said the same,we are weak in midfield and up front BUT at least he has our limited squad of players working their socks off,I accept he deserves a lot of credit for this

Comment

We need players and badly.
          Treating a home draw with Fulham like a huge achievement shows that.
          They are a decent team though. I think we s point was fair result. Away game, we robbed them. All about small steps. I think we're progressing, firstly style but now points

Comment

Its so weird and i cant explain it, we aint having any possesion but are winning and drawing and still looking the better team. How does that even compute?
            One important point which no one has mentioned in reply to this: we are starting to counter at pace. That was what was missing with JFH. There's no point in pressing if you win the ball and then slow down again.

A word of caution. Some teams cope very well against a high press game, there are tactical options for dealing with it. So tactical flexibility is vital, and to Olly's credit he has been looking at different options, something we never really explored with JFH. Still think we need a proper 10 more than anything else. Stiill think Shodipo and Eze when fit need to be involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Five reasons, from what I can see:

1) High press (the game JFH attempted but failed at).

2) Game management and counter attacking football. This is where stats can be misleading because majority of possession means little when it's not in dangerous areas.

3) Playing to our strengths and knowing our weaknesses. Ollie said post-match that ultimately he would like to play more in Fulham's style but realises he doesn't have the players available to play in that way. So he's prioritised building a strong team spirit first and getting the team shape right.

4) Committed players who believe in the cause and won't stop running and playing for their manager. E.g Wzsolek, Mackie, Manning, Lynch, Hall, Luongo, Smithies, Ned, Bidwell, Furlong and Washington. Again, huge credit goes to Ollie for this.

5) "Clearing the blockages" in Ollie's words, IOW getting rid of players that didn't really want to be at the club, and bringing in players who do, especially bringing through Manning and reintroducing Furlong and Doughty.
              Agree with these. Would also add the tactical change putting Hall in front of the CBs has worked well. We look so much more solid and it allows the 2 CMs to get up and down and they have the legs to do it. It also allows the full backs to get forward without much risk as Hall can slip back into a 3.

Comment

• Ollie Talks

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/h...h-said-furlong

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  “I’ve got to be on top of Sylla and makes sure he does it, because sometimes he doesn’t.

“Maybe he didn’t have to in France, but he’s going to have to if he wants to play for me.
                  Never change Ollie, never change... I too get France and Belgium mixed up in my spare time...
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Never change Ollie, never change... I too get France and Belgium mixed up in my spare time...
                    Sylla did start off in France so maybe that is what he is referring to

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Not for me Kevin. I was really disappointed not to win.
                      Me too mate.

Really frustrated that despite attitudes, work rate, team shape etc. improving dramatically, we still insist upon giving the ball back at the earliest opportunity. Maybe if we made the opposition do something themselves to win posession it may help.

People keep saying what good football Fulham play. We didn't half make it easy for them to do so by keep giving them the ball back. No wonder the posession stats look so bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        We didn't half make it easy for them to do so by keep giving them the ball back. No wonder the posession stats look so bad.
                        You're right. For my money we haven't impressed in this area since Adel was at his best. Which is why I keep saying that our main requirement, above all others, is someone with a bit of vision, a bit of instinct. We have no real footballers and we're not going anywhere much North or South until we find one.

There is no point in high press, get ball and then give it back, or the JFH version = high press, get ball, slow down.

They're all helping to shift the piano (an improvement) but I still see no one who can play a tune.

Comment

• Well Done

Holloway is creating an extremely exciting Rangers side to watch

He deserves a lot of credit for creating a great spirit and we are exciting team going forward

We will give any team in the division a game now

Great work Ollie

Rangers are back

Loftus Road will now become a cauldron again with this new attacking side.

Excited

Comment

• Spot on General very happy with our side and really enjoying watching us right now.

Comment

• Got it wrong on Saturday but great performance tonight ! Fully deserved point.

Comment

• Onwards and upwards. Excited for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X