Club Update | Stan Bowles Benefit Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read that Kev
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Surely the PFA can help with the finances for Stan's care. For pity's sake, £600 a week is a pittance with all the money football attracts now
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
        It would be cheaper and probably make more money if they just let people who want to contribute do so and then donate that to Stan... I'd be amazed if more than 5-6,000 turned up for a charity match so there's a big chance it will end up losing money.
        For all of the fuss over a testimonial, I agree, how many would actually turn up. The football on show is usually pretty dire. Might be better to find out what musicians (Pete Doherty?) , comedians (Sean Walsh, Bill Bailey?) etc. would put on a good show for nothing and charge a commercial price for that with the proceeds after the club's costs going to Stan.

Comment

Stan Bowles Benefit Match update from QPR CEO Lee Hoos

I am in regular dialogue with the new Stan Bowles Benefit Match committee, formed following a number of meetings over the course of the last few months.

The individuals on this committee not only show a determination to make this happen, but also have a grasp and understanding of the challenges that organising such an event poses, whilst also having the skill-set and competence to ensure those challenges can be overcome.

TOGETHER, we are working diligently and professionally to put the neccessary building blocks in place to put on an event for Stan that supports his care and raises money.

There is a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes, with other fundraising activities relating to former players also being discussed at this stage.

The divisive messages from the @StanBenefit twitter account are unproductive and totally misleading.

I would encourage those QPR supporters who are truly behind this Benefit Match, for all the right reasons, to continue to show their support in the 10th minute for Stan, as well as donating via www.GoFundMe.com/StanBowles, as we - the committee - move things forward.

Thanks for listening and I will update you again in due course.

Lee Hoos

Comment

Club and committee provide update...

QPR can confirm that our home pre-season friendly fixture at Loftus Road this summer will commemorate Stan Bowles' contribution to the club.

Over the last few months, CEO Lee Hoos and other staff members at QPR have been working in conjunction with a newly-formed committee to finalise plans to pay tribute to our legendary former player, who is suffering with Alzheimer’s.

Following consultation with the committee and dialogue with the Bowles family, this fixture - scheduled to be played on the weekend of July 29th/30th 2017 - will form part of the club's ongoing celebrations of our former players, in the wake of a successful first year for The Forever R's Club, our ex-players association that was formed earlier this season.

Further details, including confirmation of our opponents for this fixture, will be announced in due course.

Supporters can donate towards the Stan Bowles Go Fund Me account by clicking here https://www.gofundme.com/stanbowles

In addition, supporters wishing to keep abreast of all Stan related updates, should visit www.justforstan.com

Comment

Thats brilliant, are proceeds from the match going to stan? Credit to everyone involved in it too, i'll definately be going to the game and will try my best to bring others with me. If theres any other way i can physically help on the day then i'd love too

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                Thats brilliant, are proceeds from the match going to stan? Credit to everyone involved in it too, i'll definately be going to the game and will try my best to bring others with me. If theres any other way i can physically help on the day then i'd love too

Comment

Excellent.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That is great and well done club.
                    Who would folk have as opponents?

Comment

Guessing Brentford is the obvious choice....or a Forever R's select 11?

Comment

Won't it be against an all time greats 11.

Comment

Bratislava

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Won't it be against an all time greats 11.
                            As it is an actual pre season friendly, the last one before the season kicks off I sincerely hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              As it is an actual pre season friendly, the last one before the season kicks off I sincerely hope not.
                              8,000 crowd at most?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                8,000 crowd at most?
                                Doubt it will be that many

Comment

Working...
                                X