Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    The media team has forwarded us this message from Lee:

The idea was basing it around the usual procedure for a testimonial, whereby the club grants the game; works with the testimonial committee to drive the plan forward; but all costs are recovered from the revenue and the rest is distributed by the committee to the recipient. This is how any testimonial works.

Working on current forecasts for the match, the club would actually be subsidising about a third of the total costs, which is a significant amount, especially at a time when managing decreasing revenue streams across the entire football club is one of my main concerns as CEO here.

The idea is for everybody to make a contribution to this, to not just rely on the owners to pay for everything."

If ALL costs are recovered from the revenue and the revenue exceeds the cost, then what are QPR paying for?

Comment

I reckon a testimonial for bowels would easily sell at least 10k seats at loftus road even at £10 a ticket. I'd defo be up for going and vollunteering if i could

Comment

I will get hammererd for this but i can see the clubs point of view but heres mine.

Its an awful disease that Stan has and I sympathise with him. I also understand he is a club legend and is part of our great clubs history.

However - Stan would have earnt a good wage (Comparible with prices and wages at the time) and he decided to drink and gamble his heard earned fortune away. What really annoys me is he had his chance and enjoyed his money but now we have got to stick money in buckets. Lets stick money in buckets and raise funds for people that didnt get the lifestyle or the chances presented to them that our Great Stan did. How about we raise money for the people that really need it.

I dont mean such disrespect to a player that many people hold a warm place in their hearts but he was presented with far greater wealth and oportunities than most of our Grandfathers / fathers and decided to use it to enjoy his life until what looks like the money out. Hes been treated well, shown hes been loved and paraded around the fans to much joy but it should be about helping people who need it not about one person.

Quite Frankly the Twitter mafia/celeb fans have been tottaly embarassing about this and its these type of fans that cause a poor atmosphere and youngeters confidence shot to bits on match days.
        "It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat *****."

Barton's reported reaction following Frank Lampard's decision to move tables at England's training camp in order to avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          I reckon a testimonial for bowels would easily sell at least 10k seats at loftus road even at £10 a ticket. I'd defo be up for going and vollunteering if i could

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Can we get back to being angry about the kit now please?
            Haha.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Don't think so mate.

I read it as if it were a sell out, then all but £2.20 would go to help Stan.

£2.20 x 18,000 = £39,600 costs.
              That's what I said!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                That's what I said!
                Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                That's not the ticket price Nas, its what they're projecting to get towards the charity after costs.
                It reads like you are saying £2.20 went to the charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  I will get hammererd for this but i can see the clubs point of view but heres mine.

Its an awful disease that Stan has and I sympathise with him. I also understand he is a club legend and is part of our great clubs history.

However - Stan would have earnt a good wage (Comparible with prices and wages at the time) and he decided to drink and gamble his heard earned fortune away. What really annoys me is he had his chance and enjoyed his money but now we have got to stick money in buckets. Lets stick money in buckets and raise funds for people that didnt get the lifestyle or the chances presented to them that our Great Stan did. How about we raise money for the people that really need it.

I dont mean such disrespect to a player that many people hold a warm place in their hearts but he was presented with far greater wealth and oportunities than most of our Grandfathers / fathers and decided to use it to enjoy his life until what looks like the money out. Hes been treated well, shown hes been loved and paraded around the fans to much joy but it should be about helping people who need it not about one person.

Quite Frankly the Twitter mafia/celeb fans have been tottaly embarassing about this and its these type of fans that cause a poor atmosphere and youngeters confidence shot to bits on match days.
                  This is about Qpr looking after one of their own. A club legend. What have the people you mention ever done for Qpr? Yeh fair point Charities need and deserve donations but this is about one club and one person so I don't believe your point is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    What's a testimonial for bowels. Sorry I couldn't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      If ALL costs are recovered from the revenue and the revenue exceeds the cost, then what are QPR paying for?
                      Nobody knows if the revenue will exceed the cost, and it sounds like the fans are not doing a good job of organizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        It just seems petty given what the current regime have pi#$ed up a wall in the last 5 years. It's 40,000 quid, Julio Cesar earned that in 4 days!
                        Haven`t many fans wanted to get their club back? To me, It sounds like Hoos wants to do this together with the supporters..seems like a good idea to me.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

How about the club donate the money and we also pay £20/£30 for the tickets and we earn twice the money and everyone is "still pitching together"

Comment

That´s a good idea, RobertoQPR.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              Nobody knows if the revenue will exceed the cost
                              It has to as the excess profit is what is going to Stan Bowles. If there is no expected profit then there is no point doing the event.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                What's a testimonial for bowels. Sorry I couldn't help it.
                                It was what we saw for a year under Jimmy.....

Comment

Working...
                                X