No announcement yet.

Club Update | Stan Bowles Benefit Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difficulty the club has is that while I’m dealing with Paul, the committee has fallen out and various people are going off at different angles and doing their own things.
    Isn't this just typical of our fan base though. We can't even agree with each other on something like this....

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      The old we're all in it together line eh? Where have I heard that before? Point is, the owners are billionaires and the fans ain't, and nor is Stan. All this furore over £40k, a sum they've probably spunked 10x over on OOC PR....
      You are right of course but LH has a job to do and unless the owners have given him the cash or the go ahead he has to tow that line.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
        18000 sell out? Wonder how many 3rd round no shows will be arsed? Will it just be people who saw him play?
        That's actually cracking point. Given the uproar imagine it not selling out I read on Twitter committee we're suggesting I think £35 a ticket for adults

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          That's actually cracking point. Given the uproar imagine it not selling out I read on Twitter committee we're suggesting I think £35 a ticket for adults
          I'd pay that for the memories I've got. Not sure younger people will consider it worth it. Depends who we play. Decent game not a circus and it may work.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            You are right of course but LH has a job to do and unless the owners have given him the cash or the go ahead he has to tow that line.
            That is true CCJ, but I still think it could have been handled better, including how he's phrased the letter, in particular the part I've alluded to...

Comment

Well, well. Who'd have thought it?

Who to believe I wonder !

A detailed explanation of the situation from a chief executive, containing references to other people which can be corroborated.

Or some bloke running their mouth off on twitter, of all things.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Well, well. Who'd have thought it?

Who to believe I wonder !

A detailed explanation of the situation from a chief executive, containing references to other people which can be corroborated.

Or some bloke running their mouth off on twitter, of all things.
                Could not agree more brights. Don't think those pushing this have done themselves any favours at all. Me thinks they have let emotion get the better of what actually was said

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  I still stand by the 'the owners are rich, let them pay for it'

£2.20 to us is like £200k to them.

As a side note, is this update actually from Lee Hoos or did Nasser write it...

He approached me to look over it and add to the word count where necessary... or unnecessary.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks this press release still leaves the club looking tight as a ducks ar#e?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Am I the only one that thinks this press release still leaves the club looking tight as a ducks ar#e?!!
                      He makes a very fair point about this being something that the whole club can be involved in. We're talking about a fundraising event at the end of the day but it's not really a fundraising if just one party pays for it. It's a chance for everyone to show support so I don't see anything wrong with it. £2.20 per person in the stadium isn't much, particularly when we know there'll be plenty chipping in with much more - I know I will if this does happen as they're suggesting.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        He makes a very fair point about this being something that the whole club can be involved in. We're talking about a fundraising event at the end of the day but it's not really a fundraising if just one party pays for it. It's a chance for everyone to show support so I don't see anything wrong with it. £2.20 per person in the stadium isn't much, particularly when we know there'll be plenty chipping in with much more - I know I will if this does happen as they're suggesting.
                        It just seems petty given what the current regime have pi#$ed up a wall in the last 5 years. It's 40,000 quid, Julio Cesar earned that in 4 days!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Not for me think it shows up those trying to push it as being shamolic in their organisation at selective with what they put out on Twitter. There even rowing amongst and can't sort themselves out but expect club to come to rescue

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            That's not the ticket price Nas, its what they're projecting to get towards the charity after costs.

Comment

That's not the ticket price Nas, its what they're projecting to get towards the charity after costs.
                              Don't think so mate.

I read it as if it were a sell out, then all but £2.20 would go to help Stan.

£2.20 x 18,000 = £39,600 costs.

Comment

Ahh yes, As Brighton says below, 2.20 per ticket, everything else is profit to the charity.

Comment

Working...
                                X