No announcement yet.

Ryan Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just shows when youve got a manager who knows what hes doing! Cant believe jimmy was going to let him go & hes a cracking little player!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Get him signed up! No brainer!
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Not sure it's been mentioned but one of the things that, having thought about a bit better is making me more confident about this second half is seeing Manning, Furlong, Doughty come into the squad, they're like new signings. I mean, this has been brought up before in that these guys will feel like new signings, but you can't be sure they'll be good enough until they play. Seeing what Ollie got out of them, as well as some of the older talent makes me feel like that money brought in can be used on only 2 class players with back up loans too, and we'd be more than fine. Wszolek performance, Mackie's resurgence, Hall's midfield success, all make me feel like we could get more out of those who want to do well here but haven't performed, a la Yeni, Ariel (unless the homesick thing is true), even Cousins once he gets back from injury could motivate himself to the level we want him to be.

Caulker, if he stays, will also be a huge asset over the season so we've got plenty to look forward to and with the right striker brought in, the right creativity, we could make a push for something big... potentially.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Striker number #1. Creative midfielder #2. Left back (given Robinson's constant injuries) #3

Comment

Cousins won't ever be good, can't even do the basics right. We need creative and another commanding centre mid. Manning did great but need a unit imo
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Buzzing with his performance, he gets stuck in and more often than not doesn't give the ball away.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Cousins won't ever be good, can't even do the basics right. We need creative and another commanding centre mid. Manning did great but need a unit imo
                Well before the last 3 games we were writing off Ollie, Manning, Furlong, Mackie, Luongo, Nedum & Bidwell, all of which I think have been a credit to the club (at one stage or another) over the last fortnight. Particularly Ollie, who I have been very critical of over the last 2 months. I'm not too proud to admit that he's massively impressed me with the way he's starting to turn things around.

With the above in mind, how about we give Cousins a chance a chance to find his feet before we write him off completely!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

With the above in mind, how about we give Cousins a chance a chance to find his feet before we write him off completely!
                  Yeah agree Tarbs, I think there is a player there, he just needs to regain his confidence.

Comment

Sign him up!!

This is exactly the kind of player QPR needs to progress.

Young, talented, hungry and wants to play. Looking at him, he looks like he's gonna be a good player. Worth big money to the club in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Well before the last 3 games we were writing off Ollie, Manning, Furlong, Mackie, Luongo, Nedum & Bidwell, all of which I think have been a credit to the club (at one stage or another) over the last fortnight. Particularly Ollie, who I have been very critical of over the last 2 months. I'm not too proud to admit that he's massively impressed me with the way he's starting to turn things around.

I was one of very few that wanted to give olly a chance. He's done fantastic considering what he took on. I also have always rated luongo. Cousins is just a poor player and I'd rather give someone like Washington a chance who grafts and shows glimpses, yes lacks goals but confidence is low. Can't blame not completing a 5 yard pass on confidence, needs to go like al khayati
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        I was one of very few that wanted to give olly a chance. He's done fantastic considering what he took on. I also have always rated luongo. Cousins is just a poor player and I'd rather give someone like Washington a chance who grafts and shows glimpses, yes lacks goals but confidence is low. Can't blame not completing a 5 yard pass on confidence, needs to go like al khayati
                        Now Al Khayati I agree with. I've seen enough of him to know that he's not good enough to play the role he plays at this level.

Cousins on the other hand is not a creative player, he's a combative, high energy midfielder. His game does not revolve around skill or being able to play fancy balls, it resolves around covering a lot of ground and generally making a nuisance of himself. During his time at QPR he's been played out wide for roughly half his games and for the other half he's played in a central midfield that has chopped and changed with Chery typically sat in front of him swanning around.

Given how highly rated he was at Charlton, I think we still need to give Cousins a few more games when he returns from injury before totally writing him off. I also think there is room in the squad for this type of player, particularly if Ollie doesn't like Borysiuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Just shows when youve got a manager who knows what hes doing! Cant believe jimmy was going to let him go & hes a cracking little player!
                          Won't argue there Jimmy never really showed any interest in kids can't recall him selecting one in meaningful game

Comment

He's one of our own
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Won't argue there Jimmy never really showed any interest in kids can't recall him selecting one in meaningful game
                              Niko Hämäläinen against Fulham and Olamide Shodipo on a number of occasions including the first game of the season.

Comment

I know we always rate youngsters better than they are and let them get away with more than established pros , but I genuinely think Manning is a real player. Proper ball player with an eye for a pass, I like him a lot. His touch leading up to the goal last night was fantastic .
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X