Skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    At the moment we're £10m in profit on transfers for this season. Last season we made a loss of £5m on transfers overall. So in 18 months we're £5m in profit. If we spend £5m in January, we technically haven't spent a penny in two years on transfers.

The problem is now they're running out of players to sell to bring in decent money, which means we won't be bringing in players for a fee, which means no players of certain quality coming through the door, which means fighting for Championship survival. It's a slippery slope and we're only heading one way under this ownership and it's all down to their complete mismanagement. As someone said earlier, if Cellino was our owner, there would be protests left, right and centre!
    Personally finding it difficult to see way forward.

Owners made any number of mistakes but our financial wellbeing dependent on them unless another rich individual or group comes forward.

On football side manager wise (my opinion only) the only appointment I haven't got and supported is Ollie. Yet none have worked out. They are not football people and have mainly followed the advice of football people which makes sense. Can blame them for one or two signings but think most on advice of managers and/or Les.

They have tried throwing money at it, not throwing money at it.

Having accepted they aren't football people they have appointed a DoF and now promoted Lee Hoos to basically run the club, albeit latter only just happened. So tried hands on and now hands off!

We can try and apportion blame until we are blue in the face but it achieves nothing. We need a way forward to get out of the depressing cycle we have been going through for years now. No idea how.

Comment

• OOC is our hope to give them some money back and they will look to flog us on. Failing that I am not sure as there is no light at the end of this boards tunnel.

Comment

• Yeah I agree with both. It's difficult but what irritates me is the constant spiel coming from Les, TF etc that we want to get promoted. Granted, they've spent a fortune but they're going the complete wrong way to promotion by spending sweet fa. A few years ago it was achievable but now you'll have to be extremely lucky to effectively spend nothing and go up.

In the same period while we're £10m in profit, Brighton are at a £16m loss, that's what we're up against. Look at the money Villa, Derby etc have outlayed. We're a million miles away from promotion and it's showing on the pitch and in the table. I wish they could be honest, isn't that something they banged on about? Of course they want promotion but let's be honest about it. Les saying this squad should be challenging for the playoffs. Really? Who's he trying to kid!

It's the constant BS that winds me up. Look for a buyer if you've had enough, simple. They're waiting to get their money back from a stadium and have absolutely no interest in making QPR 'great' and it shows!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
          Yeah I agree with both. It's difficult but what irritates me is the constant spiel coming from Les, TF etc that we want to get promoted. Granted, they've spent a fortune but they're going the complete wrong way to promotion by spending sweet fa. A few years ago it was achievable but now you'll have to be extremely lucky to effectively spend nothing and go up.

In the same period while we're £10m in profit, Brighton are at a £16m loss, that's what we're up against. Look at the money Villa, Derby etc have outlayed. We're a million miles away from promotion and it's showing on the pitch and in the table. I wish they could be honest, isn't that something they banged on about? Of course they want promotion but let's be honest about it. Les saying this squad should be challenging for the playoffs. Really? Who's he trying to kid!

It's the constant BS that winds me up. Look for a buyer if you've had enough, simple. They're waiting to get their money back from a stadium and have absolutely no interest in making QPR 'great' and it shows!
          I reckon by giving hoos complete control of the books he sorting out the accounts and finances to make us an attractive outfit to buy could be wrong but with the Fire sale of players they trying too recoup a few quid before they go

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
            I reckon by giving hoos complete control of the books he sorting out the accounts and finances to make us an attractive outfit to buy could be wrong but with the Fire sale of players they trying too recoup a few quid before they go
            Yeah makes sense mate, they definitely want out imo.

Comment

• Sad thing is they have totally ruined this football club along the way.

Comment

• How is the stadium safty related to the debt??

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  no sure but they have been awarded 100 odd homes so far. i'm sure that will double or treble pretty soon. they will try and claw back as much as possible before they flog us off.

would not put it past them to try and sell loftus road at some point.
                  Think you'll find the ground has a covenant on it.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Not suggesting anything, but could Amit be interested. As a part of a consortium of course.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Working...
                    X