Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Anyone see that there was a meeting between a fan group and Lee Hoos to discuss a benefit match for Stan Bowles. Basically ended with Lee Hoos refusing to allow the club to support the £40K needed to run it (stewarding and catering) and that if fans want it they have to pay for it. Ridiculous decision imo. Surely could have done with a bit of good PR at this kind of time!!! Especially when we were paying Sandro more than that a week to sit on his fat Ars* most the time
    Last edited by RobertoQPR; 11-01-2017, 07:46 PM.

Awful if true.

Amount of money we've p#ssed up the wall in recent years and we can't find 40 bags for a club legend who needs a helping hand!

Comment

Yep. Unfortunately it is true. Have a look on Twitter @Stanbenefit

Hoos quote was that he "has very thick skin" when asked about possible backlash

Comment

Why don't the fans offer to steward it and forget about the food.

Comment

Could Sandro donate his last weeks wages?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
            Why don't the fans offer to steward it and forget about the food.
            No way the club would allow it for Health & Safety. Bet you need some sort of stupid licence! Not the end of the world but just a bit of an odd move from the club

Comment

I can see both sides if honest

Good point about forgetting food would save a bit

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I can see both sides if honest

Good point about forgetting food would save a bit
                Yeah me too. Just found it an odd decision. I mean he's still connected with the club, they're happy to still make money from Bowles merchandise

Comment

Why don't all the clubs he's associated with pay for it?

I know it's not much but this sites donates £5 a month to Stan Bowles Trust.

Comment

PR disaster for the club

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                      they're happy to still make money from Bowles merchandise
                      This is the real sickener to me. What a kick in the teeth that is to Stan and his family. Who owns his image rights I wonder? If there's any justice it should be him / his family - and they should withdraw permission to the club to use them if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                        Yeah me too. Just found it an odd decision. I mean he's still connected with the club, they're happy to still make money from Bowles merchandise
                        Genuine question, what merchandise do they use?

Its well tight but the club does do a lot for him snd always have.

Comment

I am not sure I understand.... If the club puts on a game at Loftus Road then all profits go to Stan Bowles? Surely profit is only counted after costs?

Isnt this normal for a testimonial ? The club is working to an extremely tight budget and I can not see the problem? As long as us fans pay for a ticket all is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Its well tight but the club does do a lot for him snd always have.
                            As far as I'm aware you can still buy Bowles retro shirts ( bought one not long ago )and Bowles T-shirts as well as other accessories with his image

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Wow! Is this a serious question!?

Comment

Working...
                              X