Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to see both sides, if they did this for Stan then they would have to do it for others, perhaps too ! Also don't forget they did the match for him last season v Rotherham. That being said it is a little short sighted of the club as Stan is one of the legends of Rangers and surely something more could have been arranged again like last season. Think there is a lot more to this than we are all aware of, as to why it can't happen.

Comment

We stopped being a business long ago! Absolute disgrace and all them freeloaders should pay for it from the living they are thieving from the club.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        It is absurd really.

I guess Hoos decided to draw a line in the sand here, but what a stupid place to draw it, and what a stupid idea to say how much it costs!?

Still don't really understand how the club makes enough money to pay 20k odd a week wages to a squad of players, but it does, and some! It can clearly afford to pop up a payment to get it started, even if they recover costs from receipts....

The club should absolutely be putting this on, it's this kind of thing that makes a club a club, and not just a business!
        Totaly agree id happily pay to watch say a big tv screen of him in action than whats coming up thursday on tv its not like were brazil and got loads of legends is it

Comment

tony getting hammered on twitter from the fans.

and this tweet from stan collymore

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Genuinley didnt know about mugs or tees etc
            Apologies for my outburst then Kevin. I just assumed this is common knowledge to R's fans. His image really is everywhere when it comes to the official QPR merch, which the club have benefited from hugely over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              You have to see both sides, if they did this for Stan then they would have to do it for others, perhaps too !
              Have to disagree Kit. I think Stan really is an exceptional case for three main reasons:

1) He's the club's greatest ever player
              2) He's in poor health and hardly well off financially
              3) The club have benefited greatly over the years using his image on merchandise, and continue to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                This is the real sickener to me. What a kick in the teeth that is to Stan and his family. Who owns his image rights I wonder? If there's any justice it should be him / his family - and they should withdraw permission to the club to use them if need be.
                Why? His name is a brand and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't getting royalties from it as all other professional footballers do.

Comment

Originally posted by deadendjob View Post
                  Why? His name is a brand and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't getting royalties from it as all other professional footballers do.
                  Doubt it. That's a modern day thing started by Beckham. George Best was probably the only early one!

Comment

Another disaster from this car crash of a football club.

Slowly but surely bit by bit losing my love for QPR I'll be honest.

£2,500,000,000 wasted but they can't find £40,000 to stage a game that could very easily make a couple of hundred thousand pounds where they then deduct their 40k. W******

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      You have to see both sides, if they did this for Stan then they would have to do it for others, perhaps too ! Also don't forget they did the match for him last season v Rotherham. That being said it is a little short sighted of the club as Stan is one of the legends of Rangers and surely something more could have been arranged again like last season. Think there is a lot more to this than we are all aware of, as to why it can't happen.
                      I get the need to spend money where it needs to be spent, and not where it doesn't need to be, this just seems a really odd place to stop spending.

As i say, this kind of thing is the difference between a club in the community and a faceless business. QPR has always been a club of the people.

Sure, i get the where does it end? point aswell. It could go on forever couldn't it? Although when they start popping every club legend on memorabilia, and each of them needs a helping hand then yeah, sure, lets address it, and hold something for all of them.

This is a poor decision and is timed even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                        I'm sure Fernendes will come to the rescue.....
                        Air Asia Stanley Bowles benefit game

Comment

The amount of dough that Fernandes has spunked through wreckless spending yet they cannot do a genuinely good deed for one of our own. Shambles and blows the nice guy image that joker has!

Comment

Bad decision.

Comment

No Croydon a ####ing shocking own goal by Fernandes and his clown brigade

Comment

Also short sighted as the club need new S/T holders and renewers more than ever if we move to a new stadium, club loyalty must go both ways IMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X