Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club & Fan Group Disagreement re Stan Bowles Benefit - Game vs Bournemouth Jul 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1974Rs View Post
    Didn't Stan say he wasted a million on drink and gambling?
    would u call that a waste , i'd call it havin' a good time

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      I agree with this. As said earlier, As the club's greatest ever player, Stan is a unique and exceptional case, who essentially put the club on the map.
      I love Stan to bits and because of his affinity to the club he holds a special place in our hearts, but the club's greatest ever player was Rodney Marsh.You had to be there to just appreciate how good he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Why hasnt the bloke championing the game just set up a 'just giving' page?
        We all love Stan so much, and im sure we would all give.
        Do we really need some entertainment for our tenner for a legend?
        I genuinely believe that would raise more money as well.
        Instead of puting it on the club, put it on us the fans to show how much we care.
        Very good point. I hate friendlies and testimonial games, always give them a swerve cos they're like watching paint dry. BUT... I actually went to Stan Bowles testimonial. It was so dire I can't remember it - think it was against Bees or Orient at LR or Griffin Park? Anyway, would be much more cost effective to do as you suggest and have a half-time ceremony at a game to present the proceeds. Everyone wins/gains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Why hasnt the bloke championing the game just set up a 'just giving' page?
          We all love Stan so much, and im sure we would all give.
          Do we really need some entertainment for our tenner for a legend?
          I genuinely believe that would raise more money as well.
          Instead of puting it on the club, put it on us the fans to show how much we care.
          That is a very good idea.

If QPR have 40,000 fans, regardless of whether they attend games or not, then donating £1 each would soon raise the cash needed.

Comment

• Quote from Lee Hoos from the recent fans meeting: "Currently only 262 donations have been made to Stan’s Just Giving page which isn’t many at all. We as a clubwill be doing everything we can to promote the Stan Bowles Benefit Match at the end of July"

F@cking shamefull performance from us

Comment

• Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
              Quote from Lee Hoos from the recent fans meeting: "Currently only 262 donations have been made to Stan’s Just Giving page which isn’t many at all. We as a clubwill be doing everything we can to promote the Stan Bowles Benefit Match at the end of July"

Never heard anything about a Justgiving page. Who and where is this being advertised?

Also whats a justgiving page being done for? I thought the whole point of raising funds was to have the benefit match?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Never heard anything about a Justgiving page. Who and where is this being advertised?

Also whats a justgiving page being done for? I thought the whole point of raising funds was to have the benefit match?
                Justgiving link was in all the Club Programmes and has been put on Facebook too. It is a fund set up that goes directly into Stanley's Alzheimers fund. Club are also trying to organize a game along with another Fans Group set up for which an amount of money will be given to the just giving fund to allow Stan and his family to get the care they require.

Comment

• Cant find his actual justgiving page on google apart from https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stanbowlesday as theres a few set up. Dunno if anyone else has been able to find the main one? If someone knows it mods should pin the post so we can all donate, we could raise hundreds between us all easily

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Justgiving link was in all the Club Programmes and has been put on Facebook too. It is a fund set up that goes directly into Stanley's Alzheimers fund. Club are also trying to organize a game along with another Fans Group set up for which an amount of money will be given to the just giving fund to allow Stan and his family to get the care they require.
                    Thanks for the clarification Kit.

I don't buy the programmes anymore and have never seen it on FB.

Lee Hoos seems to have been right all along if that's the case then regarding fan interest in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                      Quote from Lee Hoos from the recent fans meeting: "Currently only 262 donations have been made to Stan’s Just Giving page which isn’t many at all. We as a clubwill be doing everything we can to promote the Stan Bowles Benefit Match at the end of July"

That must be a typo from the minutes. It's a Go Fund Me page. This one: https://www.gofundme.com/StanBowles

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      Cant find his actual justgiving page on google apart from https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stanbowlesday as theres a few set up. Dunno if anyone else has been able to find the main one? If someone knows it mods should pin the post so we can all donate, we could raise hundreds between us all easily
                      See above. Good idea, we will sticky it. The above link is on our landing page, along with all the club's other charities. WATRB donates to them all, including Stan's.

We also raised £325.00 for Stan last season with BrightonR's 'Stan Bowles / Alzheimers Charity Bet Thread': http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...y-Bet-Thread**.

Comment

• I saw on twitter there has been a previous game for Stan few years back where he got £17k when game was played at Griffin Park against the bees

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Cant find his actual justgiving page on google apart from https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stanbowlesday as theres a few set up. Dunno if anyone else has been able to find the main one? If someone knows it mods should pin the post so we can all donate, we could raise hundreds between us all easily
                          A very good idea, I would certainly like to donate.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            A very good idea, I would certainly like to donate.
                            See my post above Shania.

See sticky too.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X