No announcement yet.

Snow & travel on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy rain followed by heavy snow tonight in Reading according to the Beeb...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Mate of mine who's going tonight, God bless him, reckons it's going to be heavy snow in the Reading area tonight.
      I'm going straight from work and don't have a poxy coat with me so I'm going to be ham & cheesing!
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Just dark and cloudy in Acton but not cold out

I'm dreading later I hate the cold going have 100layers on later. I saw forecast as heavy snow for Reading tonight

Comment

Here in Norway It looks good. No snow. I look forward to the match
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Game will be playable what ever due to under soil heating and drainage. Whether they take the fans and travel disruption into consideration I do not know.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

Just wet but nothing else when I left home this morning. Reading had a game abandoned recently but that was due to fog, can't see tonight being stopped by moderate snow.

Comment

http://mobile.readingfc.co.uk//news/...edium=referral

Have a read

Comment

Heavy rain all afternoon, sleet 5pm, heavy snow from 6-8pm then clear according to the met office. Don't think snow will be a problem, waterlogged pitch might be though. If it's on, the pitch will be a bog. Won't be able to play our total football ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                    Heavy rain all afternoon, sleet 5pm, heavy snow from 6-8pm then clear according to the met office. Don't think snow will be a problem, waterlogged pitch might be though. If it's on, the pitch will be a bog. Won't be able to play our total football ffs.
                    problems getting to and from the ground. H&S will be a big factor
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      problems getting to and from the ground. H&S will be a big factor
                      My thoughts exactly. If the stands are slippery, they might have no choice but to postpone.

Comment

It's been bucketing down in West London for hours... lovely day really....

Comment

Snowing in reading!

Apparently.

Comment

Ice could be the problem. Met telling people to not make unnecessary journeys in the evening.

Comment

yeah it's pouring down with snow in bracknell at least. if its this heavy in reading i can't see the game going ahead tonight

Comment

Would think they will have to make a decision soon. They don't want people starting out on a journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X