No announcement yet.

QPR v Spurs Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair Spurs Youth/Development is light years ahead of ours. It will take Time to get our youth system in order.
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I can confirm watching our youth team is like watching first team

None of those players will make it
      On the strength of one game?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
        On the strength of one game?
        I'm not sure if that's serious comment or sarcasm. I will answer in regardless and yes on the strength. First team is disorganised and lacking in basic technique which is exactly what I witnessed tonight. Is that ok with you or should I make out everything was fantastic too keep you happy???

Comment

I'm not sure if that's serious comment or sarcasm. I will answer in regardless and yes on the strength. First team is disorganised and lacking in basic technique which is exactly what I witnessed tonight. Is that ok with you or should I make out everything was fantastic too keep you happy???
          That doesn't really validate individuals not being good enough though surely... According to many, youth team hasn't been good enough for a while yet we got out some pretty good players from it. If you're saying that not one individual on the pitch showed any technical attributes, then fair enough, but (although I haven't seen it yet) I find that hard to believe considering we scored against a top youth side.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            That doesn't really validate individuals not being good enough though surely... According to many, youth team hasn't been good enough for a while yet we got out some pretty good players from it. If you're saying that not one individual on the pitch showed any technical attributes, then fair enough, but (although I haven't seen it yet) I find that hard to believe considering we scored against a top youth side.

Yes your totally right Nasser I just sat through 90mins and I was totally wrong. We were fantastic and the youth players were truely exceptional because the Spurs keeper fluffed a miss hit shot

Comment

It was serious. I can't see how you can say none of the players will make it on the strength of one game. Even great players have the odd bad game so surely youngsters can?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                It was serious. I can't see how you can say none of the players will make it on the strength of one game. Even great players have the odd bad game so surely youngsters can?
                It's an opinion Croydon I might be be totally wrong but fairly sure we don't see any of those players in our first team EVER. Not being able to trap a ball or pass it at the 18 is not great sign. Watch the highlights there on player see what if you can pull any positives out of it then judge

Comment

It's an opinion Croydon I might be be totally wrong but fairly sure we don't see any of those players in our first team EVER. Not being able to trap a ball or pass it at the 18 is not great sign. Watch the highlights there on player see what if you can pull any positives out of it then judge
                  Let's hope you are wrong then. One of the (very) few plus points this season has been the emergence of a few youngsters in the team.

Comment

I watched some of it live on player. There is talent in our youth team, but the decisionmaking was sometimes quite awful, especially just outside our own area. Nevertheless I think maybe a couple of good players will come out of the lads involved in tonights game, but let´s see. Well done to Wests for going. As I said the other night: You are a great supporter.
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Yes your totally right Nasser I just sat through 90mins and I was totally wrong. We were fantastic and the youth players were truely exceptional because the Spurs keeper fluffed a miss hit shot
                      I'm just saying that one performance doesn't make a player and to say that none of this lot will make it seems really OTT. Respect to you for going of course, but I still think we'll see at least one of these names make it.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                        Pal of mine who is academy director at a Prem club said we are known throughout the game as a complete an utter shambles.
                        my mate who was on the Palace staff for years (and is featured in Ian Wright's autobiog) said exactly the same thing.

Been saying for a long while that TF and the people he has appointed to run this club are not fit for purpose. Very sad.

Comment

my mate watches a lot of football at this level he's always told me we are poor

Comment

Weren't a number of our coaches (as well as Ramsey) involved in Spurs Development squad?

Comment

And that's my viewpoint as Mel has just said and I pointed out in another post the Spurs side yesterday were fantastic to watch given there age they had pace, movement, good technique and intelligent play dare I say it thought two or three of there players could step up and play higher level already. Ramsey was key player at Spurs that set up system that produced the team I watched yesterday and which were very impressive so give him time in our system instead of calling him PE teacher and trying drive him out because he's linked to Les let him finish the job he's started as if we start producing players that Spurs had on show last night and they come through to first team like at Spurs could be some fun years ahead and at last foundation at the bottom of the club

Comment

And that's my viewpoint as Mel has just said and I pointed out in another post the Spurs side yesterday were fantastic to watch given there age they had pace, movement, good technique and intelligent play dare I say it thought two or three of there players could step up and play higher level already. Ramsey was key player at Spurs that set up system that produced the team I watched yesterday and which were very impressive so give him time in our system instead of calling him PE teacher and trying drive him out because he's linked to Les let him finish the job he's started as if we start producing players that Spurs had on show last night and they come through to first team like at Spurs could be some fun years ahead and at last foundation at the bottom of the club
                                Spurs are a complete different kettle of fish.

Don't think just because Ramsey and some of his personnel done it at Spurs they can do it at rangers.

Spurs are a massive club and for a start will
                                attract the better players not only because the name but also facilities. We are years and years away and even then could only bring a few players through that get missed by the bigger clubs e.g sterling.

Comment

Working...
                                X