Announcing Transfers Away From Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing Transfers Away From Club

Surely this policy needs to be looked at by the media team/club or whoever? I appreciate the attempted professionalism but in this day and age when pretty much everyone has some form of social media, and players are so active on it, surely, surely... just announce it when the player signs the contract with the other club, rather than waiting for all the documents to get sent to the football associations etc.

We're quick off the mark seemingly when it's players signing, but when it's players leaving - every man and his dog knows it's done before the club finally releases a press release.

Today - Union Berlin & Antalyaspor, Polter & Sandro themselves have now all put confirmation on their social media pages confirming and thanking Rangers, whilst we sit in silence and read Ian Taylor's tweets of along the lines of 'we'll announce when official as always'.

When a contract is signed it doesn't mean the transfer is done. It's only when all the appropriate documents a filled with the league that it is ratified. Pretty much 99.99% of transfers are known days if not weeks in advance now due to agent/club leeks and with 24 hour sports news TV and social media nothing is a surprise. Even players driving up and down outside stadiums in a land rover asking to be signed on deadline day

Comment

I think in these instances the players have been a bit forward with their personal announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
        When a contract is signed it doesn't mean the transfer is done. It's only when all the appropriate documents a filled with the league that it is ratified. Pretty much 99.99% of transfers are known days if not weeks in advance now due to agent/club leeks and with 24 hour sports news TV and social media nothing is a surprise. Even players driving up and down outside stadiums in a land rover asking to be signed on deadline day
        Right, and your answer to my bugbear is?? I more than understand how complicated I'm sure the process can be - but I'm not talking about the process.

Are we just not as efficient as clubs? Because that's two players and two clubs today that announced the transfers hours ago.
        At least put an agreement in place where both announce at the same time - shouldn't matter if it's a foreign club and it's 'how they do it' as Ian Taylor said today.
        Last edited by West London is Rss; 10-01-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

To be fair don't see it as an issue, maybe there was an agreement the buying club can announce first as they are likely to be more excited. We all know what's going on with who leaves and joins.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Right, and your answer to my bugbear is?? I more than understand how complicated I'm sure the process can be - but I'm not talking about the process.

Are we just not as efficient as clubs
            ? Because that's two players and two clubs today that announced the transfers hours ago.
            At least put an agreement in place where both announce at the same time - shouldn't matter if it's a foreign club and it's 'how they do it' as Ian Taylor said today.
            No, it seems we are rotten to the core. Poor in every department. We should just give up.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

always a bit slow at rangers. Still advertising Wigan tickets on official even though its off.

Comment

I don't see what the huge problem is? Does it really matter that much?
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  I don't see what the huge problem is? Does it really matter that much?
                  Not as such, but the club do tend to be a bit quick off the mark in other areas.

Very quick to talk about the new training ground - As yet, not much progress.

Very quick to talk about the new ground - As yet, not much progress.

Very quick to talk about pushing for promotion/play offs - As yet,

With everything else we've had to put up with; managerial changes, player turnover, dreadful football etc., it just makes them look very incompetent indeed, even though these things aren't directly related.

Comment

To be fair if the club announced it before it was actually official and it then went #### up, this place would go into melt down, so they won't put it up until every document is signed and sealed, its being professional and at the same time covering their arses :-)

Comment

If they were to announce it officially and then something happened, the fans would be all complaining. I don't think it should be announced officially until everything is in order. The Club has announced things in the past subject to visa, but I think in this case they have been pretty sure there would be no problem with the visa.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        surely... just announce it when the player signs the contract with the other club, rather than waiting for all the documents to get sent to the football associations etc.
                        Darren Ambrose had agreed personal terms with us, passed his medical, done his official unveiling interview, had all his photos taken in a QPR kit etc, only for Palace to pull the plug on the deal at the last minute. So as annoying as it might be for some, it's for these kind of reasons that signings can't be officially announced until all the t's and i's have been crossed and dotted.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Darren Ambrose had agreed personal terms with us, passed his medical, done his official unveiling interview, had all his photos taken in a QPR kit etc, only for Palace to pull the plug on the deal at the last minute. So as annoying as it might be for some, it's for these kind of reasons that signings can't be officially announced until all the t's and i's have been crossed and dotted.
                          Wow.
                          Never knew that stan, and hopefully that info and post should end this thread of moaning for moanings sake.

*Listening to to Alexandra Oneal - Criticise

Comment

Does it really matter

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Does it really matter
                              In this age of insatiable desire for instant gratification and revolving 24/7 news, apparently so....for some at least

Back in the old days everyone was quite content getting their dose of Pathé News once a week at the pictures, oh and their daily paper of course

Comment

Working...
                              X