Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    God ####ing help us!!
    It seems to me that there's lots on here who don't seem to think we could be in serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      He looks like a park player playing in division2.
      That could be QPR's level soon!

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        It seems to me that there's lots on here who don't seem to think we could be in serious trouble.
        They probably will do by the end of January.
        QPR will lose at Reading this week to kick off another losing run.

Comment

Haha I love how people see someone play for the first time and suddenly decide they're brilliant! Nearly 100 apps in the lower leagues and not even 1 in 5 ratio, yet he's our answer.

A very wise manager once said you should never buy a player on the back of a world cup. Enner Valencia after Brazil 2014, moved for £15m and he's pony. Gamboa had a great world cup, absolutely pony for WBA.

Tonight was the biggest game in the lads career. Watch him away at Accrington on a Tuesday night and see if he puts in as much effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            Haha I love how people see someone play for the first time and suddenly decide they're brilliant! Nearly 100 apps in the lower leagues and not even 1 in 5 ratio, yet he's our answer.

A very wise manager once said you should never buy a player on the back of a world cup. Enner Valencia after Brazil 2014, moved for £15m and he's pony. Gamboa had a great world cup, absolutely pony for WBA.

Tonight was the biggest game in the lads career. Watch him away at Accrington on a Tuesday night and see if he puts in as much effort.
            Fact here, players who perform on the biggest stage only, will only perform on the biggest stage. I know it's pretty obvious, but the best always scored, no matter what the match, no matter who the opponent. Park Ji Sung was Sir Alex's "Big Match" player. Barely ever played him the rest of the time. Why? When he came here, we found out why.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

-Seen him four times this year.
              -A good friend of mine has seen him in all home games this season.

Sooo Matty and Nasser......love how people analyse other peoples behavior without knowing what they are basing their assesment on. A very wise bla, bla, bla.......

Comment

We need experience at the moment not raw talent. Derry isn't going to off load one of his best players until he has secured promotion at least.
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

his name looks like something you read on the opticians chart

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                    -Seen him four times this year.
                    -A good friend of mine has seen him in all home games this season.

Sooo Matty and Nasser......love how people analyse other peoples behavior without knowing what they are basing their assesment on. A very wise bla, bla, bla.......
                    Thankfully you and your pal aren't scouts for the club. I'll buy you a few beers if the lad becomes a decent player at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Park Ji Sung was Sir Alex's "Big Match" player. Barely ever played him the rest of the time.
                      Although he averaged 29 games a season at United...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Although he averaged 29 games a season at United...
                        Did he? I've got his league stats right here and his league appearances were: 17, 15, 17, 25, 12, 14, 33.

Subbed in for 40 of those matches too, so as a starting player, he played 93 league matches in in 7 seasons, 13 starts a season.

Take out that first season where he started 23 and was subbed in for 10 while sir Alex was figuring him out and you have a player who from 2006 made on average Just over 11 league starts a season. Barely played.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thankfully you and your pal aren't scouts for the club. I'll buy you a few beers if the lad becomes a decent player at this level.
                          We should be and I'm looking forward to those could ones.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Fact here, players who perform on the biggest stage only, will only perform on the biggest stage. I know it's pretty obvious, but the best always scored, no matter what the match, no matter who the opponent. Park Ji Sung was Sir Alex's "Big Match" player. Barely ever played him the rest of the time. Why? When he came here, we found out why.
                            When he came here he was shot to bits actually Nasser. Below is the transcript of a letter Alex Ferguson sent to Park after he signed for us!

Dear Ji Sung,

Please forgive me for not having written to you before now to thank you for your loyalty to me and Manchester United and to wish you good luck in your new club, but also to explain my reasons in letting you go.

My disappointment was that I didn’t give you the football that you wanted, and needed. It must have felt to you that I was ignoring you but that is far from the truth, there was no player I could trust as much as you in terms of your professionalism, loyalty and determination. I was always conscious of your knee injury and therefore always liked to keep you fresh and of course this wasn’t fair to you and understandably didn’t enjoy that decision. It is something that still plays on my mind especially as I now have a grandson who still won’t speak to me for letting his favourite player move to another club, but I hope you understand the reasons fully now and how difficult a decision it was.

In the time you played was a credit to your outstanding ability and I know it is shared by all my staff as you were in my opinion one of the most loyal and honest players I have had the pleasure to work with and I was proud to have had such a well mannered man in my team.

You are without doubt a wonderful ambassador for football, and the way you settled in and got an excellent command of the English language so quickly was a credit to your determination and enthusiasm not only for football but for life, and on behalf of everyone at the club I wish you success with your new club.

Ji sung I will always look upon you as one of my players and if you ever need my help you know where I am. Finally I wish you and your family every happiness and Good luck.

Yours sincerely,
                            Alex Ferguson

Comment

Working...
                            X