• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Million and 80 Thousand

Polter - Union Berlin - 3m - 14,000
    Chery - Guizhou - 4m - 14,000
    Sandro - Anatylspor - 0 - 40,000

With the wages at a rough estimate of around 80,000 a week filled and roughly 50-80% of the 7m brought in going into the transfer budget, what would you lot do with the finances to improve the team
    Last edited by QueensParkPurgatory; 09-01-2017, 09:47 PM.

I would hire some decent stand up comedians and a couple of polish and french translators to start with, and then spend the rest on a new website.
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Bet Ollie gets nowhere near that to spend

Comment

£7.06m
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Lucky to get 2-3 of that

Comment

4 million Lansbury
            Ali Faulin Loan
            Nugent Loan

Then spend 2 million at Spearmint Rhino

Comment

To be honest I'd be wary of giving the current set up too much to spend right now, especially given where we are sat in the table. Some of the worst, overpriced business happens in January and often it's panic buys by clubs at the bottom.

Personally I'd look at loans and save the big purchase til the summer unless anyone particularly interesting shows up at a low price!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Personally I'd look at loans and save the big purchase til the summer unless anyone particularly interesting shows up at a low price!
                Can't help but agree. I'd take a punt on Winnall and Hourihane given their contract length but I don't see why they'd come.
                I'd exploit the loan market to bring in wingers such as Maitland-Niles and Sheyi Ojo, forwards like Grabban if he was available and if possible Loftus-Cheek or Ajer to beef up a dire midfield.
                For a quick fix, Joey O'Brien could ease problems at right back given his free agency.

Comment

Where did you get 20000 a week for polter? Behave

Comment

Chery was quoted at around 12k and polter will be on about the same, not too far off the 20k mark the op brings up.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7358266.html

There is a new policy at Loftus Road now. £20,000 per week is the absolute limit of what they will pay. The only two players still earning big money, more than double that figure, are Sandro and Steven Caulker, who the club simply cannot get rid of. Chery earns roughly £12,000 per week, and that is its own motivation. His hard work has been rewarded with new talks over a better deal.
                    Last edited by nasser95; 09-01-2017, 09:50 PM.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Has there been a cheeky edit on the original post? It now doesn't make sense!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory View Post
                        Polter - Union Berlin - 3m - 14,000
                        Chery - Guizhou - 4m - 14,000
                        Sandro - Anatylspor - 0 - 40,000

With the wages at a rough estimate of around 80,000 a week filled and roughly 50-80% of the 7m brought in going into the transfer budget, what would you lot do with the finances to improve the team
                        Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        I would hire some decent stand up comedians and a couple of polish and french translators to start with, and then spend the rest on a new website.
                        Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory
                        Instead of having a go at the inaccurate numbers, can some of you answer the question?
                        Gave it my best shot mate. You don´t get a lot for 7 million quid these days.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by QueensParkPurgatory
                          Instead of having a go at the inaccurate numbers, can some of you answer the question?

Sorry mate, honestly, my three priorities would be: 1) A right back with plenty of pace; 2) A centre attacking mid who can find gaps and pass; 3) A tall striker

Going by that, and having £7Mil and 70k in the kitty, I'd first look at players who's contracts are expiring.

Right backs, I'd go for either Emilio Nsue from Middlesbrough, Adam Henley from Blackburn, Tyias Browning from Everton.

Attacking mids, I'd go Nacer Barazite from FC Utrecht, Luke Freeman from Bristol, Conor Hourihane from Barnsley

Strikers, there aren't many options, Sammy Ameobi perhaps but it's iffy, Haris Seferovic from Frankfurt would be good but whether he's out of our league is a different question, wild card would be Dmitri Poloz from Rostov, has had a pretty good couple of seasons and just looks like he's constantly improving which is helpful. Strikers are the most difficult though as good strikers are expensive commodities and may be out of the range we're looking at.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Chery was quoted at around 12k and polter will be on about the same, not too far off the 20k mark the op brings up.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7358266.html
                            Not too far off? Just over half of what the op said. That's quite a long way off

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Sorry mate, honestly, my three priorities would be: 1) A right back with plenty of pace; 2) A centre attacking mid who can find gaps and pass; 3) A tall striker

Going by that, and having £7Mil and 70k in the kitty, I'd first look at players who's contracts are expiring.

Right backs, I'd go for either Emilio Nsue from Middlesbrough, Adam Henley from Blackburn, Tyias Browning from Everton.

Attacking mids, I'd go Nacer Barazite from FC Utrecht, Luke Freeman from Bristol, Conor Hourihane from Barnsley

Strikers, there aren't many options, Sammy Ameobi perhaps but it's iffy, Haris Seferovic from Frankfurt would be good but whether he's out of our league is a different question, wild card would be Dmitri Poloz from Rostov, has had a pretty good couple of seasons and just looks like he's constantly improving which is helpful. Strikers are the most difficult though as good strikers are expensive commodities and may be out of the range we're looking at.
                              Sammy Ameobi????

Comment

Working...
                              X