Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    exactly.

the only one i would take a punt on is matt taylor. banging goals in left right and centre.
    There's at least one other Matt Taylor in league two (at Northampton for instance). Knowing us we'll sign the wrong one.

Comment

yes

yes i would also wish we could buy omar what is wrong with our useless scouts brentford always beat us to the best players
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        Hahaha! This place makes me laugh. People slammed the signings of lower league players and now want to spend £1m on a lad who's had a good 4 months in League Two!

Gladwin and Washington ring any bells.....

Never said we should but just surprised we aren't looking at him as he's more of our price range!

Was actually a sly dig as I want to see us spend some serious money on proven quality, especially if we are selling Polter for 3 milll and Chery 4 mill!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Never said we should but just surprised we aren't looking at him as he's more of our price range!

Was actually a sly dig as I want to see us spend some serious money on proven quality, especially if we are selling Polter for 3 milll and Chery 4 mill!
          Don´t think they´ll ogle any Bogle. Les and Uncle will spend it all on bungle.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Never heard of him but apparently anyone signed outside top two divisions is s hite and lacks ambition

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...ue/top-scorers

Lets just buy the top five and see who works.

Repeat until we find the next Chaz.

Comment

A few has been agreed for Polter now, so a striker is an absolute must. Would definitely take a gamble on Bogle - unlike Washington, he's been a regular scorer for a good few years now, so reckon it'd be worth the gamble.

Comment

As another poster said Matt Taylor from Bristol rovers would be the better bet, he has a longer league track record and is around the same age.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    As another poster said Matt Taylor from Bristol rovers would be the better bet, he has a longer league track record and is around the same age.
                    Yeah I think he'd be a good signing also - like you say, a consistent scoring record, and would surely want to prove himself at a higher level. If I'm honest, we can't do much worse than Washington at the moment, so think it'd be a risk worth taking.

Comment

Is this really time to take a huge gamble on a division2 player? Only if we also sign a proven striker at championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        exactly.

the only one i would take a punt on is matt taylor. banging goals in left right and centre.
                        Yes, and has been scoring for a while. Unless the fee is a low six figure bargain, forwards shouldn't be signed on the basis of a good scoring run, but rather on a consistent basis over a couple of seasons or more.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          Is this really time to take a huge gamble on a division2 player? Only if we also sign a proven striker at championship level.
                          I see where you're coming from, but what Championship level strikers can we realistically get? I'd much prefer a lower league striker in great form, than someone like Arouna Kone (who I've seen we're linked with today), a guy who's barely kicked a ball in over two years.

Someone like Lewis Grabban on loan would also be good, but again, it's someone who's barely had a kick.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Which team is spending £3m on Polter?

With £7m for those two and if the Board add in a few more £££Ms yes they should bid a bit more for more proven players including a proper midfielder who can control a game, create chances and chip in with a few goals i.e.Lansbury.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Which team is spending £3m on Polter?

With £7m for those two and if the Board add in a few more £££Ms yes they should bid a bit more for more proven players including a proper midfielder who can control a game, create chances and chip in with a few goals i.e.Lansbury.
                              Holloway wont get 7 mill,u having a girraffeeeeeeeeeee
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

We have to spend some money or we are going down. As it stands at the moment I honestly cannot see a point out of next 3 games if so , we will be right back in the sh it. But football a funny old game so desperate to be proved wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X