Sandro offski - now official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    He's not the worst at our club just think now they want his £50k a week off the payroll, may see a massive clear out Sandro,Henry, Gladwin, Polter and who knows maybe Luongo ?too but probably not till the summer
    But why get rid of our best player?
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm disappointed to hear that Sandro is moving on. Whilst he hasn't proved value for money (I am being polite phrasing it like this!) I still rate him and hoped that he would be around for another 6 months. Not sure who has been good in the midfield area for us this year, whilst Wszolek has found goal scoring ability recently, our midfield has disappointed. I know that Nasser rates Luongo highly, but until he demonstrates that he can score, I find him a little limited

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
        I'm disappointed to hear that Sandro is moving on. Whilst he hasn't proved value for money (I am being polite phrasing it like this!) I still rate him and hoped that he would be around for another 6 months. Not sure who has been good in the midfield area for us this year, whilst Wszolek has found goal scoring ability recently, our midfield has disappointed. I know that Nasser rates Luongo highly, but until he demonstrates that he can score, I find him a little limited
        The fact that you put Wszolek is a comparative for how our midfield should be scoring suggests that the idea of a defensive midfielder (which is what Luongo has been deployed as) is not being made clear. Luongo need not get into the box to score goals because there should be 4 players in front of him at least doing that job. His job has been to play it to them and let them score.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          only in your opinion, or your stats no coincidence no Chery, Luongo,Polter 2games 2 wins, so he's been better than Smithies, Hall,& Sylla
          Last edited by dave58; 04-01-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

only in your opinion, or your stats no coincidence no Chery, Luongo,Polter 2games 2 wins

First two games of the season, Luongo, Chery, Polter, 2 games, 2 wins. Nothing should be defined by 2 matches only, it's an invalid discussion.

Comment

only in your opinion, or your stats no coincidence no Chery, Luongo,Polter 2games 2 wins
              On the other hand, Mackie has played both of those games and was very influential in the outcomes. And a lot of our members never wanted him anywhere near the club again. As you say, all about opinions
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

He needs to prove himself that.

Comment

If he is anywhere close to being our best player, then it's high time he started to show it, as opposed to consistently being a weak link.

Sadly, our best player is the one that doesn't wear hoops.

Comment

a defensive midfielder (which is what Luongo has been deployed as)
                    Thought he was set as a "deep-lying" midfielder which is something else altogether !

Comment

Our best player is by far manning so lets leave it at that, his stats speaks for itself

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

JET?

Comment

The goalkeeper

Comment

Hope they sought out a visa if Sandro is going to Turkey. Don't want him coming back at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

If he is anywhere close to being our best player, then it's high time he started to show it, as opposed to consistently being a weak link.

look at some of these comments Nas I rest my case certainly hasn't shown himself to be the best player at our club

Comment

look at some of the other comments nas certainly hasn't shown himself to be our best player not ahead of Smithies,Hall,Sylla,as I said its your opinion, not mine or many others,and obviously Holloway has realised our midfield is too lightweight with Luongo & Chery in it! Who both go missing too often in games, no coincidence they've both been left out,
                                Last edited by dave58; 04-01-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X