Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of the regular starters only 5-6 are worth keeping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of the regular starters only 5-6 are worth keeping...

Smithies, Lynch, Hall, Wzsolek, Sylla and perhaps Mackie for his 100% effort, drive and nuisance value. But quite sure we will also keep Bidwell, Perch and Onouha. Keeping any one of the latter three as defensive cover is more than enough. Main thing is we need 4 new midfielders, at least 1-2 capable of scoring.I have no confidence we will sign any one worthwhile under the current administration, but hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Caulker, Cousins, Luongo, Henry, Polter, Washington, Chery, Sandro, Borysiuk, Ngabokoto should all go if we have takers. I'm afraid we'll likely sell Smithies which will make staying up bloody difficult.

But hopefully we've got got a few potentially Championship level youngsters who are coming through. Generally they are not ready. Players like Eze, Furlong, Shodipo, Manning offer some hope, and 1-2 of them might make it at .
    Last edited by bushkangaroo; 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM.

C'mon tell me I'm being too pessimistic...

Comment

My six exactly. (Not including the yoot)
      Need a huge rebuild (again)

Comment

That many??
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          My six exactly. (Not including the yoot)
          Need a huge rebuild (again)
          We need to re-build but we shouldn't now.

We can't attract the right players for the right money in January, in a relegation fight.

It's kinda #### that the OP is right in the amount of players that are performing, but it's what we have, we're in a situation where we have to survive.

Either that or spend mega mega money to get the players in, and probably end up with a team of boswinga's and bankrupt.

Loan and the odd sign our way out of trouble, look to rebuild once we're safe.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            We need to re-build but we shouldn't now.

We can't attract the right players for the right money in January, in a relegation fight.

It's kinda #### that the OP is right in the amount of players that are performing, but it's what we have, we're in a situation where we have to survive.

Either that or spend mega mega money to get the players in, and probably end up with a team of boswinga's and bankrupt.

Loan and the odd sign our way out of trouble, look to rebuild once we're safe.
            Why bother changing the manager then?
            None of it makes sense as per.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Why bother changing the manager then?
              None of it makes sense as per.
              It's a very valid question. However this is the situation we're in today.

Personally, hiring JFH was a good idea, firing him was also a good idea. Hiring Holloway i'm indifferent about, but hope it works.

The signing of the players in between was, and is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                Smithies, Lynch, Hall, Wzsolek, Sylla and perhaps Mackie for his 100% effort, drive and nuisance value. But quite sure we will also keep Bidwell, Perch and Onouha. Keeping any one of the latter three as defensive cover is more than enough. Main thing is we need 4 new midfielders, at least 1-2 capable of scoring.I have no confidence we will sign any one worthwhile under the current administration, but hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Caulker, Cousins, Luongo, Henry, Polter, Washington, Chery, Sandro, Borysiuk, Ngabokoto should all go if we have takers. I'm afraid we'll likely sell Smithies which will make staying up bloody difficult.

But hopefully we've got got a few potentially Championship level youngsters who are coming through. Generally they are not ready. Players like Eze, Furlong, Shodipo, Manning offer some hope, and 1-2 of them might make it at .
                I think your pretty much spot on with that assessment tbh mate. Cousins and Luongo wont be going anywhere soon imo to so you can add them to the squad list imo.

Comment

Play a simple 442 or 441 and
                  Smithies
                  New rb
                  Robinson get him fit first
                  Hall
                  New cb strong cb organiser captain material
                  Cm strong leader
                  Cm strong leader
                  Polish fella right
                  New left winger left footed
                  Washington in the hole or just off the front man give this kid a chance the a good little player there ( I suspect I argue with mass later )
                  Proper hard nut centre forward

Job done

New strong leader

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
                    Play a simple 442 or 441 and
                    Smithies
                    New rb
                    Robinson get him fit first
                    Hall
                    New cb strong cb organiser captain material
                    Cm strong leader
                    Cm strong leader
                    Polish fella right
                    New left winger left footed
                    Washington in the hole or just off the front man give this kid a chance the a good little player there ( I suspect I argue with mass later )
                    Proper hard nut centre forward

Job done

New strong leader
                    7 new players? All of whom sound like they need to be a hard nut, strong leader or captain material?

It's not going to happen and shouldn't either.

Midfielder, preferably two, 1 solid 1 creator, RB and striker. If we're lucky. Couldn't fold anymore into the mix in January anyway, they won't come together quick enough.

Comment

I'm not saying buy them now I'm saying what we need to go up I wouldn't buy anybody now only if we sell as I think we stay up by the skin of our teeth

Comment

Realistically our starting 11 for the rest of season imo will be something like below but obviously will change slightly if Ollie opts for his 4 3 3 formation!

Smithies

Ned.... hall.... lynch.... bidwell

wsolev.... luongo.... new cm..... new lm

new striker..... sylla

Subs

Perch
                        Doughty
                        Mackie
                        Shopidop
                        Manning
                        Wahington
                        Cousins

As much as id like to see us bring in 6 or 7 new players i just can't see it happening.

I hate Ned with a passion as think he's shyte but I think a place in the first 11 will be found for him and thats why I see him playing RB when Hall and Lynch are available. I also think Luongo will be kept on as a first team player and might be rotated with Cousins throughout the season.

Realistically I can see us bringing in 4 players max which will be 1 x striker, 1 x CM, 1 X LW and maybe another CM if we are lucky! Our first 11 will not change to drastically in this window and that's why its imperative that we spend sensible money on championship quality players who will actually enhance this squad because I am certain we are going to have to put up with players like Ned, Luongo, Cousins, Perch and Washington for a bit longer.

The 3 or 4 we bring in will have a massive effect on this team as if its more dross and potential prospect gambles then the above team will continue to struggle but if we actually bring in proven quality and we are lucky with injuries ect then it would be enough to see us finish mid to lower table this season!

Comment

Working...
                        X