What is it about jimmy floyd??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it about jimmy floyd??

Keep seeing a few of the same posters bigging up jimmy yet they seem to ignore the fact we was on a decline with him?!

Also nas saying about he liked what he was trying to do with what he had! He bought these players so no excuse to have to play that way also!

But just dont understand any bigging up of jimmy tbh in my opinion, we've got this totally unbalanced squad now and far too many passengers and not enough balance of old heads etc

Also getting rid of faurlin and hill when we could of done with keeping them on in coaching maybe!

But i just cant understand why the same ones who big jimmy up ignore the fact we was terrible and getting worse!

But the excuse jimmy played the way he did is rubbish, he bought the players!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

No idea tbh. We were heading in the same direction with or without him anyway. Dunno how anyone could support jfh's style of football, it was like watching greys anatomy it was that bad

Comment

Exactly corbray! Thing is anyone can park the bus! We'd be worse off with confidence completely shot, whereas under ollie atleast we're trying to do something and gain some confidence and style bar the cup game!

Comment

If you have an issue with one of Nas's post why not send him a message directly.

As for Clint and Ali maybe staying on as coaches I could not disagree more, get the best people in to do the job rather than 2 who want to keep playing and have never coached before. Do they even have the affiliation needed ? They could be utter shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
          If you have an issue with one of Nas's post why not send him a message directly.

As for Clint and Ali maybe staying on as coaches I could not disagree more, get the best people in to do the job rather than 2 who want to keep playing and have never coached before. Do they even have the affiliation needed ? They could be utter shite.
          One of them?! More like 10 of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Keep seeing a few of the same posters bigging up jimmy yet they seem to ignore the fact we was on a decline with him?!

Also nas saying about he liked what he was trying to do with what he had! He bought these players so no excuse to have to play that way also!

But just dont understand any bigging up of jimmy tbh in my opinion, we've got this totally unbalanced squad now and far too many passengers and not enough balance of old heads etc

Also getting rid of faurlin and hill when we could of done with keeping them on in coaching maybe!

But i just cant understand why the same ones who big jimmy up ignore the fact we was terrible and getting worse!

But the excuse jimmy played the way he did is rubbish, he bought the players!
            I don't blame JFH he had what he was given apart from El khieti or whatever he bought him in cos at the time we had no winger duff or otherwise yeah without doubt the football was Dross but it's a bit harsh to heap all the blame on the managers players have to take a huge lump of blame but the lion's share of blame belongs to you know who dear old ### , Ollie reaction of criticism and downright anger after a month in the job confirms we need a lot more than a manager

Comment

It's been pretty well documented that Jimmy was not given much backing in the transfer market. Plenty of his targets were knocked back by Les, and likewise, some of Les' targets were knocked back by Lee Hoos. End result, an unbalanced squad.

What Jimmy definitely did wrong was let go of all of our leaders without bringing in players capable of leading and influencing.

As for the style of play, yeah it was rubbish. But with hindsight, I believe Jimmy's tactic was not to give too much away first and foremost. He'd sooner win a game ugly than play expansive football and lose by the odd goal. Really boring for the fans but it was a tactic that I'm sure would have kept us in the division, I'm not sure that we can say the same now (the next few games will tell).

My overwhelming feeling about the last 18 months is, I wonder what might have been if Jimmy was backed as well as previous managers in the transfer market!

Comment

Actually went to re-quote him on another thread but was on my phone so makes it impossible to do sometimes when theyve wrote alot, but isnt just aimed at nas its the other jimmy lovers who keep seeming to forget we`re in this mess cos of him! seem to ignore we was getting worse for some reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  It's been pretty well documented that Jimmy was not given much backing in the transfer market. Plenty of his targets were knocked back by Les, and likewise, some of Les' targets were knocked back by Lee Hoos. End result, an unbalanced squad.

What Jimmy definitely did wrong was let go of all of our leaders without bringing in players capable of leading and influencing.

As for the style of play, yeah it was rubbish. But with hindsight, I believe Jimmy's tactic was not to give too much away first and foremost. He'd sooner win a game ugly than play expansive football and lose by the odd goal. Really boring for the fans but it was a tactic that I'm sure would have kept us in the division, I'm not sure that we can say the same now (the next few games will tell).

My overwhelming feeling about the last 18 months is, I wonder what might have been if Jimmy was backed as well as previous managers in the transfer market!

Tbh tarbie i hadnt heard alot of that apart from fans guessing, but if it is the case then what a joke things are behind the scenes, might aswell just have les and hoos in charge ! not many managers will put up with that rubbish, & if carries on we`ll do well to stay in the championship! probably a reason why ollies coming out with stuff now barking wise about needing certain players of championship quality! But if true you really cant blame any manager apart from hoo and les if true!

Comment

Bidwell and Lynch were captains/leaders in their respective clubs.

Comment

Id be happy with lynch as our captain, we look steadier in our defence apart from that own goal, but that was ingrams fault.

Comment

I suspect some fans are revising their view of JFH based on just how rit we have been since he left. Won 3 and lost 7 in all games. Absolutely appalling.

We were poor under JFH though. If you take our form after the first couple of games we were in trouble anyway.

Personally think right thing to let him go, just not convinced Ollie, who I have great affection for (in a non-romantic way), is right replacement.

Think JFH did his best so hope he goes on and does well. We were a mess when he came in and a mess when he left. The constant in that is we are a mess. Perhaps we need more than just changing managers to get out of it. Don't know.

Comment

Apart from the dross football, JFH thought that everything was hunky dory and nothing needed to change. I don't recall (and I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) his ever saying, we played badly, maybe I used the wrong tactics etc.

Comment

Yes you're right they could flop as coaches .... looking at the shower of shite we have now, we wouldnt use them as coaches anyway .... they would both walk straight into the starting 11

Comment

I'm not a jfh lover I think he done the best he could his learning his trade yes he made mistakes but he New I think he set up not too lose because he knew we was poor so grind out a 0-0 and maybe knick a goal , the problem was when we went a goal down that were he struggled think an old wiser coach in the stands may have helped him . Holloway appointment a strange one pinkie I admire your backing but something don't feel right, chery going, Polter, Henry , the weight dig at yenni the way he tore into the team on Saturday, mass terrible dip in form it seems too me he lost the dressing a bit I'm afraid shouting at players don't work anymore and hammering them in public will just make them down tools as they know few more losses and they sack him bit like Chelsea do once terry upset. Personally I kept jfh just because I think we swap a ok manager for a little bit ok manager maybe should have waited for a very good manager or even approached one

Comment

Working...
                              X