Ffp rubbish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ffp rubbish!

The ffp thing is just a load of ########! It's just a cover up as the owners don't want to spend anymore as they spunked it all Themselves on rubbish and have had enough! So they use ffp line to cover it up! If they were going to fine us why would it take 2 whole years lads think about it? Everyone else done by ffp were fined within a month facts dont lie! Ask Bournemouth! And I think 17 or so teams out of the 24 have spent above there means in our division this year so what happens then? Everyone fined? Deducted points?no! Now I put this to tony on twitter and what happened?he blocked with no reply lol it wasn't even written in a bad way I just questioned him so make your own minds up. I think it's a cover up!

Does seem odd that no one actually knows for sure if we have been or going to be fined because of it. All our chairmans eggs are in ooc basket and I agree that I think the money has dried up as that is by no means a certainty for them. Why block you when he gives the impression of being a nice bloke?

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
      The ffp thing is just a load of ########! It's just a cover up as the owners don't want to spend anymore as they spunked it all Themselves on rubbish and have had enough! So they use ffp line to cover it up! If they were going to fine us why would it take 2 whole years lads think about it? Everyone else done by ffp were fined within a month facts dont lie! Ask Bournemouth! And I think 17 or so teams out of the 24 have spent above there means in our division this year so what happens then? Everyone fined? Deducted points?no! Now I put this to tony on twitter and what happened?he blocked with no reply lol it wasn't even written in a bad way I just questioned him so make your own minds up. I think it's a cover up!
      Posted something similar last week imo it suits the club to have FFP hanging over the club T F and co have pumped a lot of money into the and it hasn't worked for whatever reason so who could complain when they say enough is enough and tighten the purse strings , so they use FFP to stop any complaining ie the board running the club down they want to sell they are only here for OOC all of which might or might not have any foundation , While FFP is seen as threat we will put up with a certain amount of Dross because we all want what's best for the club

Comment

Been saying for months that there's something dodgy going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
          a couple of things:

no one can really claim that the board haven't invested in the squad over the years (although many can argue they didn't invest wisely)

the club is using the legal process to contest the ffp fine - that takes time. the ffp rules have never seemed particularly well thought through to me. other clubs have either paid up without complaint (bournemouth) or are also in ongoing discussions about the size of the fine.

not sure that 17 out of 24 have spent beyond their means... but even if they have, the rules have changed since the season our transgression relates to - bigger overspends are now allowed and the performance is judged over 3 seasons instead of just the one.

most importantly... so far as i can see, the club is still living way beyond its means (although not as badly as it once did). we have a high wage bill, a small stadium and still rarely turn a profit on player sales and purchases. in virtually any other industry the club would be in administration.

Comment

If they have spent it all tough luck on us, just live with it. This rubbish about people wanting "there rangers back" and not spending big money on players and buying from the lower leagues is just horseshit, are fans have patience for 2 games with managers and players. The likes of David Bardsley struggled when he first joined and got quite a bit of abuse but then went on to represent England while at QPR, would never happen now.

Comment

Working...
            X