No announcement yet.

Nasser & Pinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasser where do you get this c rap about pitch being to small and us being unable to play through balls. I been watching us over twenty years and have seen loads of goals from through balls for and against us on that pitch. There have been two this season alone the BFG against Norwich and last week Ned for Pawel

The pitch has sod all to do with it it's quality of the ball.

I have no doubt you will try and baffle me with science saying Ned's ball left ground so it's not through ball or there was not enough rotations of the ball from Chery and ball deviated etc so that was not either. Do you never consider what you have actually witnessed before you post stuff as fact

Sometimes you post some decent stuff then you just chat rubbish like above and P iss people off

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      I shouldnt of bit tbh but its the way he speaks down to people that does me, and he genuinely thinks he knows all about football above everyone else1 Anyway ill leave it at that or ill be getting a warning

BTW heres the premier league pitch measurements and ours!

Arsenal Emirates Stadium 105m x 68m
      Aston Villa Villa Park 105m x 68m
      Hull KC Stadium 105m x 68m
      Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m
      Manchester United Old Trafford 105m x 68m
      Newcastle St James' Park 105m x 68m
      Southampton St Mary's Stadium 105m x 68m
      Sunderland Stadium of Light 105m x 68m
      Swansea Liberty Stadium 105m x 68m
      West Brom The Hawthorns 105m x 68m
      Burnley Turf Moor 103.51m x 65.01m
      Chelsea Stamford Bridge 103m x 67.5m
      Liverpool Anfield 101m x 68m
      West Ham Upton Park 100.58m x 68m
      Leicester King Power Stadium 100.58m x 67.67m
      Crystal Palace Selhurst Park 100.56m x 67.67m
      Everton Goodison Park 100.48m x 68m
      Tottenham White Hart Lane 100m x 67m
      Stoke Britannia Stadium 100m x 66m
      QPR Loftus Road 100m x 65.86

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4V6T4txzd
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
      Terrible Pinkie sides like Spurs, West Ham, Everton and Liverpool all historically renound for playing attractive football but turns out their pitches are same length as ours or there about although we're unable too.

Comment

I shouldnt of bit tbh but its the way he speaks down to people that does me, and he genuinely thinks he knows all about football above everyone else1 Anyway ill leave it at that or ill be getting a warning

BTW heres the premier league pitch measurements and ours!

Arsenal Emirates Stadium 105m x 68m
        Aston Villa Villa Park 105m x 68m
        Hull KC Stadium 105m x 68m
        Manchester City Etihad Stadium 105m x 68m
        Manchester United Old Trafford 105m x 68m
        Newcastle St James' Park 105m x 68m
        Southampton St Mary's Stadium 105m x 68m
        Sunderland Stadium of Light 105m x 68m
        Swansea Liberty Stadium 105m x 68m
        West Brom The Hawthorns 105m x 68m
        Burnley Turf Moor 103.51m x 65.01m
        Chelsea Stamford Bridge 103m x 67.5m
        Liverpool Anfield 101m x 68m
        West Ham Upton Park 100.58m x 68m
        Leicester King Power Stadium 100.58m x 67.67m
        Crystal Palace Selhurst Park 100.56m x 67.67m
        Everton Goodison Park 100.48m x 68m
        Tottenham White Hart Lane 100m x 67m
        Stoke Britannia Stadium 100m x 66m
        QPR Loftus Road 100m x 65.86

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz4V6T4txzd
        Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
        Well found Pinks ! Will it shut him up ? he's probably been up all night Looking for a way to twist some stat about pitch lengths , ah he's got it our grass is too long and slows the through ball down therefore it reduces the length of our pitch

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Well found Pinks ! Will it shut him up ? he's probably been up all night Looking for a way to twist some stat about pitch lengths , ah he's got it our grass is too long and slows the through ball down therefore it reduces the length of our pitch
          The old cut of the grass excuse

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Nasser where do you get this c rap about pitch being to small and us being unable to play through balls. I been watching us over twenty years and have seen loads of goals from through balls for and against us on that pitch. There have been two this season alone the BFG against Norwich and last week Ned for Pawel

The pitch has sod all to do with it it's quality of the ball.

I have no doubt you will try and baffle me with science saying Ned's ball left ground so it's not through ball or there was not enough rotations of the ball from Chery and ball deviated etc so that was not either. Do you never consider what you have actually witnessed before you post stuff as fact

Sometimes you post some decent stuff then you just chat rubbish like above and P iss people off

Once again hes proved for all his studying he knows fook all about football with comments like that! then to tell me to take a look back ffs lol, laughable, hes even had the nerve to pm me on here with even more condescending rubbish! Thing is you respect others views even when you dont agree with them, thats perfectly ok but to come out with rubbish and basically putting it as fact and that you havnt a clue is unreal!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

You could play through balls and style like that on half a pitch even, which in a way you are as its up the top end, but its all about movement at the end of the day & everyone on the same level intelligence footballing wise!

Comment

Once again hes proved for all his studying he knows fook all about football with comments like that! then to tell me to take a look back ffs lol, laughable, hes even had the nerve to pm me on here with even more condescending rubbish! Thing is you respect others views even when you dont agree with them, thats perfectly ok but to come out with rubbish and basically putting it as fact and that you havnt a clue is unreal!
                How disrespectful of you to bring up a pm in public and try and twist it in a negative way. I told you in the pm that I'd like to avoid confrontation in general with you because we have very differing views on things and it's unlikely one of us will back down so it's better to not get into confrontations as it will just get heated. and what do you do? Bring it up despite the fact that it is what it is... a private message.

With regards to everything else about the pitch things, I got that one wrong for sure, that's my bad, I've been going regularly to matches and I guess I just felt that seeing the size of the stadium and the pitch, I get a sense that it's smaller but if it statistically isn't, then I'm clearly wrong on it so apologies.

If I've rubbed people the wrong way by being confident in my opinion, I'm not going to apologise for that because everyone is confident in their opinion and I'd more likely be confident because mine is linked to statistics which I see as facts. But generally, beyond my altercation with Pinkie here who's shown me a level of disrespect for the stupid reason of not rating Washington, I don't try to be condescending. If it does come across like that, the only explanation I can give for it is that I don't know how a statement based on statistics can be disregarded given that it has a factual backing. But if others disagree, fair enough, I can't force you to believe one thing or another.

TL:DR, sorry for pi ssing off most of you.

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Lol again give it a break nas, having a hissy fit cos i said you sent me a pm! youre pm was very snotty and condescending as always, im not going to get into any more of this with you as you really do think you know everything and more than others! i wont bite anymore as its obviously the way you are!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    How disrespectful of you to bring up a pm in public and try and twist it in a negative way. I told you in the pm that I'd like to avoid confrontation in general with you because we have very differing views on things and it's unlikely one of us will back down so it's better to not get into confrontations as it will just get heated. and what do you do? Bring it up despite the fact that it is what it is... a private message.

With regards to everything else about the pitch things, I got that one wrong for sure, that's my bad, I've been going regularly to matches and I guess I just felt that seeing the size of the stadium and the pitch, I get a sense that it's smaller but if it statistically isn't, then I'm clearly wrong on it so apologies.

If I've rubbed people the wrong way by being confident in my opinion, I'm not going to apologise for that because everyone is confident in their opinion and I'd more likely be confident because mine is linked to statistics which I see as facts. But generally, beyond my altercation with Pinkie here who's shown me a level of disrespect for the stupid reason of not rating Washington, I don't try to be condescending. If it does come across like that, the only explanation I can give for it is that I don't know how a statement based on statistics can be disregarded given that it has a factual backing. But if others disagree, fair enough, I can't force you to believe one thing or another.

TL:DR, sorry for pi ssing off most of you.

Your opinion is based on your interpretation of statistics, this doesn't make them any more factual then someone's opinion based on what they see week in week out.
                    Get off your high horse because youve proven on numerous occasions you ain't got a scooby

Comment

Christ this arguing! This isn't people expressing opinions it's people giving each other sh*t for no real reason

Stats are useful, Ollie has said so recently, and we know manager use them. We know clubs employee people to specifically deal with stats. HOWEVER stats only provide a portion of the story. I've previously said you don't know what angle someone is shooting from or how difficult a pass is or what pressure opposition are putting on the player in question

As far as through balls go at Loftus Road, I don't think we necessarily have the players to provide a decent pass (apart from Ned) to make that kind of game plan feasible. Plus I personally think the opposition sit deep against us because they know we aren't a massive threat outside the box. Chery the only player who could play the pass or be a threat outside the box and he's just not playing well (and off to China)

As far as Washington is concerned, the guy tries. Nothing has gone right for the poor bloke since he's been here but he keeps going keeps shooting. That means he believes in himself and I'm going to continue to believe in him because he wants to do well. Is he good enough? Not at the moment. Will we change our playing style just for him? No. get him out on loan and get him to show us what we are missing by. Of playing to his strengths.
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                      X