one extreme to the other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    From the days of mark hughes and redcrapp, with players like cisse,remy,park,bosingwa,salad and rio.

more recent times, PE teacher, jimmydrossball and sky pundit, along with players like el kyati, gladwin, polter, washington.

do the owners know that there is middle ground to explore and build?

good championship managers like jackett, rowett are available,

to be fair to redcrapp, he was getting it half right with signing good championship players like austin and philips.

this is what i believe the way forward.

a good championship manager with chamionship quality players. not league 1 and 2 shyte with yes men for les to control.

until the owners wake up to this, its going to be painful to watch for the forseeable future
    It's baffling mate at how our board go from one extreme to the other!

They are not fit for purpose and are a embarrassment! The mess they are making of the club right now is just laughable!

Everyman and his dog can see we need to spend some money on proven quality! No ones asking for another 250 mill splurge but if they just invested 20 mill it would transform this team into a club that can challenge for a return to the prem!

Think the board just don't give a s*** anymore as there no OOC because our ambitions on the pitch no longer match their plans of the pitch! No point having a league 1 team with a 40,000 seat stadium and state of the art training facilities for the likes of Ben gladwin and cousins!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Nas I know for a fact Fernandes in the first 2 years was heavily involved in player recruitment and was told that by a player we signed.
      Yea I'm not surprised, what I'm saying is that I hope his role has changed to become more into what a chairman should do. We all know the story of the Remy signing, so it doesn't surprise me he was heavily involved, but he has smarted up and stepped back. Currently, our spending cut is strongly related to FFP to my understanding, but I assume that once that gets phased out, or we get rid of the high earners (Caulker and Sandro in particular), we'll be seeing much more spending.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Not Remy Nas I am talking about a player who was bought and came to QPR because of Fernandes. But that was premier league days and now in the championship with no pr stunts needed he is off the radar. Should have been this way from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Not Remy Nas I am talking about a player who was bought and came to QPR because of Fernandes. But that was premier league days and now in the championship with no pr stunts needed he is off the radar. Should have been this way from day 1.
          Oh I didn't mean the player you were talking about mate haha, I'm just saying Remy is a high profile player who was swayed by Fernandes.

I think bringing in Ruben and Hoos has helped immensely really in just ensuring the club is run as a football club.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            He brought in more rubbish then good if we're being honest
            Redknapps answer to everything was to go and bring more players in. That's the way he worked as a manager.

But the more you look at it and the more we slide down the league the more you think under the circumstances Redknapp didn't do that bad a job here. I admit I wanted him gone but looking back he did a pretty good job.

Hughes was given an open cheque book and failed.

LF has now taken control and we are not moving forward.

Redknapp got us promoted and when he left we wasn't exactly cut adrift at the bottom of the league.

Comment

Nas, I fear it is a bit late to start running the club as 5 years of mismanagement cannot just be ignored.

Comment

There are a number of managers' vacancies and Rowett and Jackett (Jackett has been out of work for two months after spending a month at Rotherham) are being considered for some of them but so far have not received any offers.

Comment

Working...
                X