one extreme to the other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one extreme to the other.

From the days of mark hughes and redcrapp, with players like cisse,remy,park,bosingwa,salad and rio.

more recent times, PE teacher, jimmydrossball and sky pundit, along with players like el kyati, gladwin, polter, washington.

do the owners know that there is middle ground to explore and build?

good championship managers like jackett, rowett are available,

to be fair to redcrapp, he was getting it half right with signing good championship players like austin and philips.

this is what i believe the way forward.

a good championship manager with chamionship quality players. not league 1 and 2 shyte with yes men for les to control.

until the owners wake up to this, its going to be painful to watch for the forseeable future
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Yeah for all the grief Redders got, he did get some good players on board.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      he did mate. cannot knock him for that.

ravel and nico also.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        And some s hite, mind. Samba, Sandro, Carroll, BAE, the WHU fella who never played...

Comment

He brought in more rubbish then good if we're being honest

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            And some s hite, mind. Samba, Sandro, Carroll, BAE, the WHU fella who never played...
            tbf BAE was class for the first couple of months, he just gave up when spurs refused to recall him in january.

samba was an uncle bungle signing. he approached redcrapp and said we can sign him you you want. i think uncle negotiated that deal himself but he was heavly involved in it.

bang on about sandro though, pis poor signing.

Comment

Haven't we signed some good players recently too though like smithies, hall, lynch etc along with promising players like mass and bidwell too?

One thing i always notice about our fans is we're the ones who go from one extreme to the other, if we win we're the next barcelona but if we lose we're the next portsmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                From the days of mark hughes and redcrapp, with players like cisse,remy,park,bosingwa,salad and rio.

more recent times, PE teacher, jimmydrossball and sky pundit, along with players like el kyati, gladwin, polter, washington.

do the owners know that there is middle ground to explore and build?

good championship managers like jackett, rowett are available,

to be fair to redcrapp, he was getting it half right with signing good championship players like austin and philips.

this is what i believe the way forward.

a good championship manager with chamionship quality players. not league 1 and 2 shyte with yes men for les to control.

until the owners wake up to this, its going to be painful to watch for the forseeable future
                Spot on ,,,, we have gone from feast to famine with no middle ground ,, we need some quality brought it fast otherwise we could well be doomed,,, I was never pro IH coming back to manage us ,,, problem now is should we give him a transfer window or twist with new manager/players ....
                Whatever way you look at it something needs to change ,,,, most of the players brought in are not up to standard bar smithies, Pavel etc ,,,,

I watched that debacle yesterday and thought Omg ,,, what utter dross we have

Comment

Think you'll find TF refused to back Harry in the January when we were desperate for a striker or two to help cover Charlie. Harry wanted Rhodes but they refused to budge even though it would have guaranteed promotion. Instead we got Doyle, Keane and Maiga! We fluked promotion and got lucky with Charlie returning from injury in time for the playoffs.

As someone said earlier, our owners firmly believe in quantity over quality and it's been happening for years. It's no coincidence this approach has led to absolute carnage with no stability and a club on a massive downward spiral.

Maybe if they used their head and built a solid foundation from day one and then added 3 or 4 bits of quality per season and used the loan market well, we'd have spent a fraction of what we have and been in a far more stable position than we are now.

The worrying thing is, everyone knows the above yet 5 years into their ownership, the powers that be still don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    tbf BAE was class for the first couple of months, he just gave up when spurs refused to recall him in january.

samba was an uncle bungle signing. he approached redcrapp and said we can sign him you you want. i think uncle negotiated that deal himself but he was heavly involved in it.

bang on about sandro though, pis poor signing.
                    Fair enough. Arry, if coasting by then and probably well past it, was a professional who knew what he was doing and distrusted Les. Should have gone in glory after Wembley, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                      Think you'll find TF refused to back Harry in the January when we were desperate for a striker or two to help cover Charlie. Harry wanted Rhodes but they refused to budge even though it would have guaranteed promotion. Instead we got Doyle, Keane and Maiga! We fluked promotion and got lucky with Charlie returning from injury in time for the playoffs.

As someone said earlier, our owners firmly believe in quantity over quality and it's been happening for years. It's no coincidence this approach has led to absolute carnage with no stability and a club on a massive downward spiral.

Maybe if they used their head and built a solid foundation from day one and then added 3 or 4 bits of quality per season and used the loan market well, we'd have spent a fraction of what we have and been in a far more stable position than we are now.

The worrying thing is, everyone knows the above yet 5 years into their ownership, the powers that be still don't!
                      I won't find that. I remember it...... Bang on the money.

Comment

Fair enough. Arry, if coasting by then and probably well past it, was a professional who knew what he was doing and distrusted Les. Should have gone in glory after Wembley, mind.
                        Bang on with this.

Comment

Whatever Harry boy was an idiot was not something he wasn't. Strange part about Ferdinand and him was he gave Les his break at Spurs as a coach. Should have left after Wembley but even when he stayed there was talk of extending his contract in the october before he went in january. Les took the dof job in the october/november??

Comment

I think the issue with having such an open owner/chairman is that we put too much emphasis on what he actually does. Tf's role should simply be to set a budget and to fire/hire people below him when their jobs aren't being done to the expected standards.

With regards to going from one extreme to another, we'll find a middle ground soon. It's pretty normal to go from a high down to a low and then balance it out when you come to the realisation that it's a low. This period was necessary I think to allow us to find out where our spending should be as a club.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas I know for a fact Fernandes in the first 2 years was heavily involved in player recruitment and was told that by a player we signed.

Comment

Working...
                              X