No announcement yet.

Blackburns goals - Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes another scapegoat coming over the horizon.
    God, it's tedious.

Comment

Not sure people are actually criticizing him, just saying he isn't as good as Smithies.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Not sure people are actually criticizing him, just saying he isn't as good as Smithies.
        Thats my point. Really think Smithies is in a one of the best keepers in the country and he would be mental to stay here, and im amazed he hasnt been snapped up by a Premier league club when i see the standard of some of the keepers in that division.

Comment

We need to get Smithies tied down now to protect his value or risk losing him for less than his worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
            Yep another player who is shite , get rid off asap!
            I wasn't saying that.

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            Here comes another scapegoat coming over the horizon.
            God, it's tedious.
            Overreaction.

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Thats my point. Really think Smithies is in a one of the best keepers in the country and he would be mental to stay here, and im amazed he hasnt been snapped up by a Premier league club when i see the standard of some of the keepers in that division.
            Yes.
            Ingram may be a decent keeper, but Smithies is better and QPR need to keep him.

Comment

Ingram hasn't played in months so will obviously be a bit rusty.

For me, first goal was Bidwell's fault. He gave possession away I think and then gave the bloke basically a free header and it was more of an instinctive save from Ingram rather than having the time to push it out to the side.

Second goal was surely poor defending? Bidwell nowhere to be seen at LB, Lynch basically walking back after being caught on his heels, Ned the only defender back caught between going to the ball or marking the guy behind him, and Perch nowhere to be seen!

Think he's a good keeper and would only get better with a run in the side. Obviously would prefer to keep Smithies though!
              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                Ingram hasn't played in months so will obviously be a bit rusty.

For me, first goal was Bidwell's fault. He gave possession away I think and then gave the bloke basically a free header and it was more of an instinctive save from Ingram rather than having the time to push it out to the side.

Second goal was surely poor defending? Bidwell nowhere to be seen at LB, Lynch basically walking back after being caught on his heels, Ned the only defender back caught between going to the ball or marking the guy behind him, and Perch nowhere to be seen!

Think he's a good keeper and would only get better with a run in the side. Obviously would prefer to keep Smithies though!

That's true, the first goal is a bit unlucky but he'll be ashamed about the second. He knows that he can't push that ball into the middle of the road, he must hold that one or have strength enough to push it a lot further. A keeper 15-16 years old knows this. But, he is rusty..

Comment

Top keep saves both of those imo, but Ingram is and will be a good keeper.

Smithies different gravy tho. Unfortunately too good for us at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                    That's true, the first goal is a bit unlucky but he'll be ashamed about the second. He knows that he can't push that ball into the middle of the road, he must hold that one or have strength enough to push it a lot further. A keeper 15-16 years old knows this. But, he is rusty..
                    He didn't palm the second one in to the middle of the box though did he? He did the right thing in pushing it away to the side but maybe could have pushed it further I don't know. Defence should have been there to react and get rid of it though
                    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Didnt smithies look terrible in his first couple of games for us, flapping at crosses and alsorts?!
                      Yep. Got beaten too easily at near post by a Blackburn player for a cross in his first full game.

To be fair, he didn't make many mistakes after that!

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        He didn't palm the second one in to the middle of the box though did he? He did the right thing in pushing it away to the side but maybe could have pushed it further I don't know. Defence should have been there to react and get rid of it though

I think he tried to hold it but couldn't, then it became nothing but "something in between" if you know what I mean. It's been a while since I was between the sticks now, 10 years or so, but I remembered being rusty for a few games when I made my last comeback. Still, it is quite different, he is training everyday. One thing I'm sure of is that he knows he has to hold (if that's how you say it in English) the shot for the second goal, it wasn't that hard..

Comment

If you're going to parry you need to know whats around you.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            If you're going to parry you need to know whats around you.
                            Exactly, that's why I think he tried to hold it but "failed"..

Comment

Working...
                            X