• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The General View Post
    Lansbury ...4 million...Morrison Loan. Midfield sorted

Nugent ...Loan......Millwall striker 2 million. Frontline sorted

Robert Huth in defence.....monster on loan. Defence sorted
    would settle for that. but won't happen.

Comment

Christmas was 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Im sure they are willing to spend, just dont see anyone of any quality willing to sign for a side sitting 17th unless we start paying big bucks again. Plenty of better options out there.

Comment

Good business men make things happen

That's how companies become successful ........investment

My total spend was only 6 million pounds plus free wages

Comment

Huth is a regular for the champions and are in the knockout stages of the champions league. In what planet would he even contemplate joining a struggling championship side on loan?
            Last edited by QPRHoop; 08-01-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
              Huth is a regular for the champions and are in the knockout stages of the champions league. In what planet would he even contemplate joining a struggling championship side on loan.

Comment

I agree with OP.

However we are only in real trouble if we get relegated. If we continue this season by bumbling enough points to stay up.

It's going to be very hard signing players of any talent or promise permanently with our current predicament. I really think there' enough in our squad, with the addition of two clever loans, perhaps a good signing if we can earth one out, to keep us up;

GK Smithies - Solid gold
                RB Perch/Ned/Furlong - Has to be addressed
                LB Niko/Bidwell/Robinson - Good enough
                CB Hall/Lynch/Ned/Caulker - Could do with adding one if we sell Caulker
                MF Ariel/Luongo/Sandro/Cousins/Manning/Doughty/Chery - Needs help! with 1 or 2 quality players, especially as a couple of those likely gone
                WG Pawel/Shodipo/Gladwin/Yeni OK but could do with 1 if midfield isn't bolstered properly, a good CM will see our wings sorted.
                ST Polter/Sylla/Washington/Mackie Needs 1 top quality or two if Wash and Polter go.

The main point i agree with the OP on is that our transfer policy is like a really #### rollercoaster that's always building up to something fun, but ends up a little rubbish turn or woop de doo. No plan, no excitement, not good value or bang for the money!

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  I agree with OP.

However we are only in real trouble if we get relegated. If we continue this season by bumbling enough points to stay up.

It's going to be very hard signing players of any talent or promise permanently with our current predicament. I really think there' enough in our squad, with the addition of two clever loans, perhaps a good signing if we can earth one out, to keep us up;

GK Smithies - Solid gold
                  RB Perch/Ned/Furlong - Has to be addressed
                  LB Niko/Bidwell/Robinson - Good enough
                  CB Hall/Lynch/Ned/Caulker - Could do with adding one if we sell Caulker
                  MF Ariel/Luongo/Sandro/Cousins/Manning/Doughty/Chery - Needs help! with 1 or 2 quality players, especially as a couple of those likely gone
                  WG Pawel/Shodipo/Gladwin/Yeni OK but could do with 1 if midfield isn't bolstered properly, a good CM will see our wings sorted.
                  ST Polter/Sylla/Washington/Mackie Needs 1 top quality or two if Wash and Polter go.

The main point i agree with the OP on is that our transfer policy is like a really #### rollercoaster that's always building up to something fun, but ends up a little rubbish turn or woop de doo. No plan, no excitement, not good value or bang for the money!
                  watching Fulham v Cardiff. Not one of our squad with exception of Smithies would get in their team. Our squad is total sh ite.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    watching Fulham v Cardiff. Not one of our squad with exception of Smithies would get in their team. Our squad is total sh ite.
                    They are currently playing like sh ite but are not necessarily sh ite players. Several have performed well in other teams.

Team being the key word, we ain't one, and haven't been for a while.

Comment

Although we have beaten both of them so far this season

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Although we have beaten both of them so far this season
                        WHO of our shower would get in the Fulham team?

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                          Lansbury ...4 million...Morrison Loan. Midfield sorted

Nugent ...Loan......Millwall striker 2 million. Frontline sorted

Robert Huth in defence.....monster on loan. Defence sorted
                          Ha ha hilarious post ( assume you are joking)

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
                            I really do think we are in serious trouble. This squad is by far one of the worst QPR teams for years, and that really is saying something. There is not one area of the squad that we are strong and there is not one player in that team that is fit for promotion apart from Smithies. The transfer policy adopted in the summer imo was dreadful. I remember Lee Hoos saying in one of his interviews that the club had to decide whether to sign a small amount of quality players and risk injuries, or sign a lot of players that werent as good. It is quite clear which option the club chose to go down and it really does baffle me. You sign one or two quality players and then build on from there each window, what did they aim to achieve by signing absolute dross? We are now in a situation where yet again we have a squad full of shite and need another overhaul. The worst part about it is I dont see that even being possible, what player would want to join us looking at the position we are in now? There are plenty of other championship teams that are better suitors. Ive seen a lot of talk on here about signing players like hourihane, why on earth would he leave a Barnsley side 4 points off play offs that he captains for a QPR team going backwards? Holloway really does have a huge job on his hands. Hes not the greatest manager by all means but thats what we are left with now, lets just get behind him and hope that he can somehow turn this around.
                            Hard to disagree with any of this. Trouble is most fans can see it and to an extent so does olly hence a bit of a clearout. However how many clearouts do we have ? There a massive gap in quality between us and top 10 never mind top 6 and in my opinion were a average half way up league 1 team in the making at best.

Comment

WHO of our shower would get in the Fulham team?
                              I would rather have Grant Hall than Sol Bamba or Tim Ream any day

Comment

GOALS GOALS GOALS
                                If we take the princible our back four are not completely rubbish just bang average and also poorly coached (IMO)... i would say our focus is around goals. We do not have a natural goal scorer with experience / or in this league.
                                So... I would say we need to make one big transfer and get in a striker who can get us goals... (Maybe a rhodes) then a seasoned old boy to play along side him ! I would also not sell washington but take the pressure off him. IT was terrible to see him slung in the deep end from the start. He needed time and now he has no confidence.

Our midfield does worry me as I feel it needs a Derry type character. Someone who can lead !

Comment

Working...
                                X