Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective

It's been poor and then we manage to get two vital, back to back league wins. We then play a pointless cup game without any recognised strikers available and lose. So ####ing what! We will never win the FA Cup and even if by miracle we managed to lift the trophy it would definitely be at the expense of championship football. This paper thin squad made up of mostly mediocre players wouldn't be able to play all the extra games and utilise the one trait we have shown recently, fight!!

Hopefully Ollie will be able to bring in 3-4 better players to ensure championship survival so we can push on next season.

Forget today's game. Remember how you felt after Ipswich!!!

I'm probably old school but winning the FA cup would mean more to me than promotion or even winning the premiership. But heck, I don't even want or expect that, I just want a nice cup run, give one of the big boys a bloody nose. Show rest of the country what it's like to come to loftus road.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      It's been poor and then we manage to get two vital, back to back league wins. We then play a pointless cup game without any recognised strikers available and lose. So ####ing what! We will never win the FA Cup and even if by miracle we managed to lift the trophy it would definitely be at the expense of championship football. This paper thin squad made up of mostly mediocre players wouldn't be able to play all the extra games and utilise the one trait we have shown recently, fight!!

Hopefully Ollie will be able to bring in 3-4 better players to ensure championship survival so we can push on next season.

It would be nice to beat a poor side at home and further boost confidence on the back of two wins. Maybe pull out a big game in the next round, which will raise the performance levels further within the squad to ensure a starting position in the big game.

Instead confidence has gone again after a poor display and no doubt Ollie has flipped in the dressing room and we have to start again on Thursday.

The bonus is, Ollie now knows what we know, the squad is shite! Perfect timing with the window being open, let's hope he's backed and Les doesn't identify the players!

Comment

Really couldn't give a rats left nut about the FA Cup. It was a friendly as far as I'm concerned.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You're right Rich, it was a pointless game.

Hopefully, Olly was pefectly aware, well before today, just how serious the shortcomings are and is well down the route of putting them right.

If he wasn't, then I doubt he'd be capable of correctng it.

Comment

Not sure it was that pointless as will give them confidence in the return league fixture which is a far more important game. Pool of players just not good enough right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Really couldn't give a rats left nut about the FA Cup. It was a friendly as far as I'm concerned.
              this for me too, not fussed at all about going out

Comment

Rich Ginge Brighton Corbray are you telling me losing in that fashion is ok because it's a cup game ? Losing any game is never what we pay for !

Comment

And the manner in which we lost - pitiful ..

Winning is obviously important whether it be cup or league, for momentum and confidence (especially where we're currently at)..

I went to the game and what concerns me was the performance .... We were dire and looking at that team worries me.

I could not find one shred of positivity from the players in general or from the game as a whole ..

All it told me was that we are in a serious mess, with one of the poorest squads i've seen in a very long while..

Comment

Have to disagree with people saying they don't care and they think it's only a friendly. While I don't think we would have won the cup (one cup game would do) I personally don't want to waste my time and money watching games like that. If others do then good luck to them.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things a loss in the cup is no big deal. It would be nice for us just once not to roll over in the cup though wouldn't it?

Also disappointed that some players on the fringes that were given a chance to impress didn't do more to catch the managers eye. As a few others have pointed out, just shows you that maybe our squad isn't as good as it should be!

Comment

Some fans have the same winning mentality as our players.

Comment

Anyone who was there for the 82 cup run will tell you all you need to know. It was ####ing fantastic beating Palace last kick and then WBA at Highbury, I have never forgotten them but perhaps there is the issue when fans and clubs just disrespect what use to be the world leader of cup competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

The worry has nothing to do with the cup or going out of it.
                            Its who we lost too. Massive worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              The worry has nothing to do with the cup or going out of it.
                              Its who we lost too. Massive worry.
                              you were at the match Mc................ what were your thoughts on the game mate?
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X