Hollloway prepares the axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Very true Ricky that is why it is very frustrating to have had 2 shots at the Premier League and ####ed both up. 35 years plus I have been supporting this club and yes we have been worse states but never after the chances we have had in the last 6 years.
    To have ×××××××d up both premiership stints with the money they spent is nothing short of a disgrace. Look at what other promoted clubs have achieved by spending less.

Stoke, Swansea, Southampton, West Ham, West Brom and now perhaps Bournemouth Watford, Palace and maybe Burnley.

Comment

• As said above, fans want attacking football and want results. JFH and Holloway bring these two separately. No matter what, with any fans, it's difficult to keep them attentive if they're only getting one of these. Fans want to be excited over 90 minutes, but ultimately nothing feels better than 3 points after 90 minutes. JFH knew that he had to play the way he did to get some results with this squad and one thing I like is the idea of building upwards. Solidify from the back and move forward as you learn to defend together as a team. We were on that path until his sacking but it's understandable as he'd lost the fans and once you lose your main internal revenue stream in the form of tickets (which is really one of the only metrics the club has to judge fan approval), action has to be taken unfortunately for Jimmy.

Holloway has now come in and wants to do things differently, understandable for him really as he is a different type of manager. What that means is that the same players that played that slow build approach are now being asked to reset their style and try to learn to attack and play with a different kind of energy. It's not easy, but the concern now with the way he's handling it is that if he doesn't succeed after getting rid of x amount of players and bringing in his own players, we're left with exactly the same thing we had before, which will be another rebuilding job.

The rebuild we have to do now is both unnecessary from the perspective of the club, and necessary from the perspective of the manager. If it works, brilliant news. If it doesn't, we'll be right back at this spot in y months having to discuss the pros and cons of another rebuild.

The sad part for me is that the owners will get the full blame because they are the only common denominator, when in fact all they have done more recently is back the "experts" below them.

LF is being criticised for this, but we've had this issue long before he came in so I can't see a reason to blame him totally personally.

The blame isn't for one individual stakeholder. It's for everyone. Owners, Board, CEO's OO's etc, DoF, Managers, Players, Fans, Car Giant, Warren Farm bell ends. Anyone who has been involved in the club in some way has to shoulder some level of fault, and the only way we can recover is by showing a level of togetherness that got us through even more difficult times. Instead of hot potatoing the blame and scapegoating everyone, lets collectively work to improve the fortunes of the club.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Some good points there especially about Holloway's promotions and ability. No one seems to mention his relegations though. QPR 13 games was plenty to keep QPR up given that there was only 3 points between them in 21st place and the team in 18th), Blackpool and Millwall.

Just maybe the play off final we lost and then taking us up the season after that might have sort of quoshed that lol

honestly goto laugh at the ollie haters!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
        X