JFH Valiants favourite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    but you shouldn't take a punt on a manager right? Players yes but not a manager.
    No one would have classed the appointment of Sparky as a punt, an established premiership manager who is a safe pair of hands wherever he goes. Was however an absolute disaster for us and for many the root cause of all our current problems as his reign was when the rot set in.
    Arry was a champions league manager and nearly the next England manager, for us he didn't take us forward.
    Both could be categorised as managers that dropped a level or two to manage us but I prefer to take a punt on either Ollie or NW.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
      No one would have classed the appointment of Sparky as a punt, an established premiership manager who is a safe pair of hands wherever he goes. Was however an absolute disaster for us and for many the root cause of all our current problems as his reign was when the rot set in.
      Arry was a champions league manager and nearly the next England manager, for us he didn't take us forward.
      Both could be categorised as managers that dropped a level or two to manage us but I prefer to take a punt on either Ollie or NW.
      Why is NW a punt? Proven championship manager

Comment

JFH didn't work for us. Having had time to think I believe we were just too big a mess for him. For a job like QPR need someone experienced. If we had been stable and had a more balanced squad an up and coming manager with little experience might have worked. For us we aren't ready for it. Whilst we have won last two games really not convinced Ollie right appointment although would dearly love to be proved wrong.

Is mind boggling how we have got so bad! That said easy with hindsight but was happy with all the appointments made at the time up to Ollie. Only one I wasn't keen on, although supported, was 'Arry who I had always thought of as an overrated, tedious bullritter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Nothing wrong with a 2 and a half year contract....Swansea have just done the same with someone who has never managed in the PL.
          2 wrongs don't make a right ,daft by Swansea as well

Comment

You came out with the term "punt" and I think he would be classed as a punt, he's gone to clubs where it hasn't worked out and he hasn't guaranteed results Palace and championship clubs like Leeds. You clearly used "punt" to distinguish from managers that "guaranteed" success. If from your classification you asked anyone in football to split NW, Ollie, Sparky and Arry into 2 groups, almost certain that the former two would be punts and latter not.
            When NW turned up to us first time round, no one thought we would go up so I would say we took a punt, if anyone at the time of his signing foresaw the season we had then hello Nostradamus ...
            With Arry and Sparky we all expected to do well and we didn't and all those managers that followed have consequently faced unfair expectations as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
              Burnley gambled with Eddie Howe and then sacked him for being ####

Chelsea have sacked the same manager twice over recent years

St Mirren gambled on Alex Ferguson and then sacked him

Appointing a manager is hit and miss and every appointment is a punt, there isn't an array of managers who can guarantee success out of working waiting for QPR to call.
              Howe wasn't sacked. Neither was he a gamble. A 50% win rate off of 102 games is far from it

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                You came out with the term "punt" and I think he would be classed as a punt, he's gone to clubs where it hasn't worked out and he hasn't guaranteed results Palace and championship clubs like Leeds. You clearly used "punt" to distinguish from managers that "guaranteed" success. If from your classification you asked anyone in football to split NW, Ollie, Sparky and Arry into 2 groups, almost certain that the former two would be punts and latter not.
                When NW turned up to us first time round, no one thought we would go up so I would say we took a punt, if anyone at the time of his signing foresaw the season we had then hello Nostradamus ...
                With Arry and Sparky we all expected to do well and we didn't and all those managers that followed have consequently faced unfair expectations as a result.
                Warnock was proven experienced manager. At the time we needed saving from relegation. Hughes and redknapp weren't punts either given their track record and experience, it just didn't work out. Hi Ramsey and JFH we're punts however.

Comment

Holloway is a proven championship just as much as Neil is. Both have been promoted from the championship multiple times, both did equally as well in the Premiership. If one is a punt so is the other, if one is a proven manager so is the other.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                    Holloway is a proven championship just as much as Neil is. Both have been promoted from the championship multiple times, both did equally as well in the Premiership. If one is a punt so is the other, if one is a proven manager so is the other.
                    I never said Holloway was a punt. JFH and Ramsey were

Comment

I pan't believe people are palling Holloway a punt.

Comment

Isn't Norman Smurthwaite, the owner of Port Vale, the same person who failed to appoint JFH as manager in 2015 because of fears of racial abuse?

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                          I pan't believe people are palling Holloway a punt.
                          puckin pidiculous...

Comment

Working...
                          X