Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    when i was a boy.........................

Sorry hitman, I also bow to your superior knowledge too. I forget that my 20years of playing football means sod all because you both have years of football on the PlayStations and x boxes
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Good luck to him. Not good enough for us as far as I'm concerned but wish him well.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        My mate just text saying Connor is off to Ipswich!!

I haven't seen anything on this, has anyone heard anything about this?
        Ask your mate where he saw this information. Otherwise this post is pretty pointless.

Comment

Well im in the rate him camp aswell, can tell hes got the ability, just not had the service and played in that stupid far right position, id be kicking off if i was him as a striker doesnt want to be a winger! think he would be a great little strike partner for syilla, but looks like he wont get the chance! he`ll get the chance to bang a few in for someoneelse no doubt!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Well im in the rate him camp aswell, can tell hes got the ability, just not had the service and played in that stupid far right position, id be kicking off if i was him as a striker doesnt want to be a winger! think he would be a great little strike partner for syilla, but looks like he wont get the chance! he`ll get the chance to bang a few in for someoneelse no doubt!
            And undoubtedly when he gets that chance, he'll hit it straight at the keeper like he has done for us.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              And undoubtedly when he gets that chance, he'll hit it straight at the keeper like he has done for us.
              Again ive said to you about that if youve played the game youd know how when things dont go, you snatch at chances, its the way the game goes!

Comment

Nas i bet youve snatched at plenty when youve played the game on youre playstation

Comment

Again ive said to you about that if youve played the game youd know how when things dont go, you snatch at chances, its the way the game goes!
                  I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave

Comment

Looking back at Monday and how well Pawel brought down the ball and took it round the keeper. In his time here just at the loft end Conor has had a few of those chances and mucked up every time. I think he may become good but it isn't due to lack of chances or service he has been worse than Polter and Sylla.

Comment

Nas i bet youve snatched at plenty when youve played the game on youre playstation
                      Hahaha oh that's hilarious... firstly *your...

Secondly, when I play, I'm no striker. I don't play at a level to what many people here seem to think they play (thereby somehow making their opinions more valid), but I play regularly and I study football more than most.

Comment

I've played football enough and studied the game enough to not need my opinion invalidated on the matter. A good striker takes his chances. 18 shots from inside the penalty box with only 2 goals (one of which is actually Polter's goal) is not good enough. If he was as talented as people seem to believe he is, as a striker, he wouldn't snatch at chances, he'd keep his cool and put it away. Seb Polter, who people seem to think isn't good enough only has 19 shots inside the box, but scored 4 from them this season while supposedly being not good enough. Star striker Sylla has only needed 16 shots inside the box to score 6 goals.

He's also got a terrible first touch, worse than Polter, particularly relative to the size difference, but people still seem to rate his ability... He's got the most unsuccessful dribbles at the club total, shocking really, 23 unsuccessful and 10 successful dribbles total this season.

If there's validation for keeping Washington, there should be at least double the reason to keep Polter here ahead of him, but people seem content with letting the more effective of the two leave

To me youre stats mean nothing, so how do you explain torres at chelsea and his record before there and after?! which i do believe we discussed about him before but a different matter! personally dont like torres, but it kind of puts to bed youre stats really doesnt it?! or we`d be writing off players just on stats and not take into consideration anything else or reasons! if he was soo bad he would of been gone by now, he might even be a later starter and that time at peterboro might of just been abit false even, who knows, but im not interested in youre stats, i go by what i see in a player & how they put themself about and everything else ability wise!

Comment

All about confidence - which we've battered out of him

He was fine at P'boro playing in a diferent system - but we want him to play up front on his own against 2 big cb's

Depends if the club has the minerals to stick with him and play him 2 up with Sylla (or Polts) and maybe coach the players we've got - or do we chuck him out with the bathwater too ?

Comment

If i was to go by youre decisions/ideas we`d still have jimmy in charge who you couldnt see a bad word said against him, & that you found what he was doing very interesting and could see what he was doing! says it all for me

Comment

Hahaha oh that's hilarious... firstly *your...

Secondly, when I play, I'm no striker. I don't play at a level to what many people here seem to think they play (thereby somehow making their opinions more valid), but I play regularly and I study football more than most.
                              Youre not obviously studying enough fella lol

Also too much theory and not enough practical

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
                                All about confidence - which we've battered out of him

He was fine at P'boro playing in a diferent system - but we want him to play up front on his own against 2 big cb's

Depends if the club has the minerals to stick with him and play him 2 up with Sylla (or Polts) and maybe coach the players we've got - or do we chuck him out with the bathwater too ?

Too true herts and the one main thing that i had forgot to put on my post! confidence in sports everything!

Comment

Working...
                                X