No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope all fans who coated this guy off for a good six months continue to enjoy their humble pie and use Washington as an example for all future signings like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Totally different player to the one we saw in his first year here.
      Only difference is he is playing with confidence and that has come from playing alongside a proper target man (IMO).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Only difference is he is playing with confidence and that has come from playing alongside a proper target man (IMO).
        Yeah and doesnt matter about a different player as some could see he had the ability, just not used right by a muppet manager in jimmy! conor always had the ability & hes not a winger!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Yeah and doesnt matter about a different player as some could see he had the ability, just not used right by a muppet manager in jimmy! conor always had the ability & hes not a winger!
          And the worst thing Pinkie was that he was being judged as a striker (on goals) when he was being played as a winger

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
            And the worst thing Pinkie was that he was being judged as a striker (on goals) when he was being played as a winger

Ha i know hove, imagine if someone else was the manager, washington would of been sent packing to some sunday league outfit deemed not enough on the wing but judged as a striker not getting enough goals lol, then jimmy would still be the manager & manning would of been shipped off on a free to some non league side, we`d be hovering over the relegation with no confidence in the side as to used to staying on our goal line to stop the opposition from scoring, & shot of all confidence@

& we`d be playing infront of under 10,000 for the first time in years, but we`d be able to see what jimmy was trying to do
            Last edited by Pinkie; 22-02-2017, 12:12 PM.
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              I hope all fans who coated this guy off for a good six months continue to enjoy their humble pie and use Washington as an example for all future signings like him.
              I think you'll find a good deal of the criticism was aimed at the job he was being asked to do, and let's face it there was a general loss of confidence under JFH. It showed on the park.

I thought it might take CW a while to get his mojo back after that and credit to Olly for bringing him into the fold so quickly. I personally thought Polter was awful from the word go - which didn't help CW - and that JFH was a catastrophe: a lot of people on here disagreed with that. But I don't have a problem or seek to have a dig at anyone who thought either Polter or JFH were the real deal. Incidentally, I also said before he stepped foot on the park that Smith could be a shot in the arm for CW.

You can dress it up however you like but the fact is that under JFH we were very, very poor and one dimensional. As a result CW went through a very lean spell and looked short of touch himself at times. He was not alone. But you can't rewrite history.

There are still things we need to address but there is progress. The important thing is to keep it in perspective.

Comment

• Seem to remember Furs being slow off the mark but he became a firm fans favourite, CW will almost certainly do the same. Next season looks very promising, a couple of scorers in CW and MS, if we get off to a good start who know..... I'm already excited
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  I think you'll find a good deal of the criticism was aimed at the job he was being asked to do, and let's face it there was a general loss of confidence under JFH. It showed on the park.

I thought it might take CW a while to get his mojo back after that and credit to Olly for bringing him into the fold so quickly. I personally thought Polter was awful from the word go - which didn't help CW - and that JFH was a catastrophe: a lot of people on here disagreed with that. But I don't have a problem or seek to have a dig at anyone who thought either Polter or JFH were the real deal. Incidentally, I also said before he stepped foot on the park that Smith could be a shot in the arm for CW.

You can dress it up however you like but the fact is that under JFH we were very, very poor and one dimensional. As a result CW went through a very lean spell and looked short of touch himself at times. He was not alone. But you can't rewrite history.

There are still things we need to address but there is progress. The important thing is to keep it in perspective.
                  All very true. I backed JFH partly in the vain hope that he too would come good and partly because I felt we needed stability. I also felt the anti-JFH sentiment was so strong on here, it might be detrimental to the team as a whole is this was communicated by the fans at the ground and elsewhere, so it was kind of trying to stem that flood. Ultimately though I accepted he had to go. Now, having seen what Olly has managed to do with the team, I also fully accept, with hindsight (that wonderful thing we're all blessed with) that JFH was not the right man for the job.

I was cautiously optimistic about Olly, I think I posted something like it could be a stroke of genius or it could all end in tears... but after seeing what he was trying to do writ large on the pitch, my confidence in him began to grow - despite some obvious tactical errors - and now I'm feeling very positive indeed. So hats off to Olly AND the board for picking him.

Comment

• To be fair many of us were saying he is no good as a lone striker , as a winger or as part of a 433 which is where both JFH and Ollie were both playing him.

At last he is playing as part of a 2 man strike force.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Comedy gold if you think it was more people moaning about 'the job he was being asked to do'. Maybe from you, I'm not sure - but majority of people coating him off were saying he just weren't good enough, full stop, no matter how you play him.

Personally I don't give a sh1t now because those who stuck by him are justified.

I just hope the select few who he clearly could not please no matter what, learn for future signings like Washington and weigh everything up more before judging fully.

This impatient instant success culture that has developed at Rangers in recent years needs to stop, because it's not QPR and you won't get it at QPR.
                      We aren't a Man City.
                      Last edited by West London is Rss; 22-02-2017, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Comedy gold if you think it was more people moaning about 'the job he was being asked to do'. Maybe from you, I'm not sure - but majority of people coating him off were saying he just weren't good enough, full stop, no matter how you play him.

Personally I don't give a sh1t now because those who stuck by him are now justified.

I just hope the select few who he clearly could not please no matter what, learn from from future signings like Washington and weigh everything up more before judging fully.
                        I definitely think his finishing and movement wasn't good enough and I firmly stand by that for that time. His improvement under Ollie has been arguably better than Polter's after his initial few weeks before being dropped and JFH brought him back in. Looks more capable of actually aiming his shots away from the keeper and I think having him be a pure finisher without needing to hold the ball for long (Which is what he's doing now) is doing him a world of good. If he keeps this up till the end of the season and beyond, we have a very good striker for the role we're playing him.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Let's also not judge him after only a few good games.If every player took 6 months to settle we would be up the street without a paddle. But good luck to him got his head down and persevered.

Comment

I definitely think his finishing and movement wasn't good enough and I firmly stand by that for that time. His improvement under Ollie has been arguably better than Polter's after his initial few weeks before being dropped and JFH brought him back in. Looks more capable of actually aiming his shots away from the keeper and I think having him be a pure finisher without needing to hold the ball for long (Which is what he's doing now) is doing him a world of good. If he keeps this up till the end of the season and beyond, we have a very good striker for the role we're playing him.
                            Haha brilliant, just brilliant.

I'd be farking embarrassed if I was you mate.

Comment

Behave mate, you are opening yourself up to ridicule by saying nonsense like this.

Comment

Haha brilliant, just brilliant.

I'd be farking embarrassed if I was you mate.
                                Wouldn't you just. Conor would be in the bin, Jimmy would still be manager, and Luongo first on the team sheet if it were up to him. And Conor would still have scored only half a goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X