No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned it around and I'm delighted for him.

Comment

• Dave mark 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Turned it around and I'm delighted for him.
        And that, Jimmy, is the main thing. He's like a new player since Ollie came in. Great stuff, hope he keeps it up.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          And that, Jimmy, is the main thing. He's like a new player since Ollie came in. Great stuff, hope he keeps it up.
          Agreed 100% with this.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Have i ever said he's a shite player, or blamed him for being shite? Nope. And you can look through my posts too, not once said that. In fact, I blame the management for him being shite, just like everyone else does, including yourself. But the fact remains, he was shite. For that year, he played for us as a forward, and didn't score. Not his fault, but the fact remains he was shite. He wasn't good. Can you accept that?
            And I totally take on board your Vardy example. If he was being played on the left wing, he wouldn't be anywhere near as effective, therefore he would be shite. You put someone like Darrell Furlong up front on his own, would he be good? No. He'd be shite, would he not?
            That was my point. Apologies for not making myself clearer.
            Sooooo, is he sh1te or not?...

Personally I don't feel that you or Nasser gave him enough leeway in opinion and didn't back him enough - was frustrating to read half the time. I think you both categorically just thought and said he wasn't good enough. I don't remember either of you mentioning tactics much as the reason for his below-par performances. I remember it being suggested on many an occasion and it being batted away to be honest.

Hopefully in future we can all back and give a bit of leeway to signings and players like him, rather than calling them sh1te - and especially if they at the very least work hard.
            Last edited by West London is Rss; 24-02-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• West he was shiite in there eyes, wrong position and wrong formation & lack of confidence had nothing to do with it, he was shiite in his first year lol

There so stubborn and hate to of been proven wrong on conor to the point if conor had been stuck in goal nas and co would still call him shiite as he hadnt scored enough lol
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Maybe we can all meet each other halfway?

He was #### in his 1st year at the club - Agreed
                He was played out of position in his 1st year at the club - Agreed

I can fax everyone a copy of the agreement to sign.

Comment

• Having a strike partner along side him helps too.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Personally I don't feel that you or Nasser gave him enough leeway in opinion and didn't back him enough - was frustrating to read half the time. I think you both categorically just thought and said he wasn't good enough. I don't remember either of you mentioning tactics much as the reason for his below-par performances. I remember it being suggested on many an occasion and it being batted away to be honest.

Hopefully in future we can all back and give a bit of leeway to signings and players like him, rather than calling them sh1te - and especially if they at the very least work hard.
                    I'm pretty sure we both actually mentioned that the tactics didn't didn't suit him but given that we seemed to have a set tactic that didn't work with him, there wasn't much point pursuing him. Now that we've changed the setup he's working out more for sure. I did also say that his performances weren't good enough irrelevant of the tactic but yea, he worked out now and I couldn't be happier about it
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't recall one game where he played well for us, not one, in that first year. Sorry that bothers you and Pinkie so much but that's the way I saw it. Like I said, I fully accept it wasn't his fault, being played out of position was obviously difficult as it would be for any player, and clearly he wasn't the type of striker to be effective on his own up front. But if he wasn't playing well, clearly he was playing the opposite. Shite.
                      But hey, since Ollie came in he's been fantastic, and I've said multiple times I hope he keeps it up because he's been a great asset to us since the turn of the year. I've eaten slices of that humble pie, and to be honest it tastes damn good as we're winning games and scoring more. Hopefully in future you'll be able to accept that we all see things differently. I won't change my opinion of him in that first year because I, in my mind, was right. We'll have to agree to disagree.
                      Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 24-02-2017, 02:41 PM.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        West he was shiite in there eyes, wrong position and wrong formation & lack of confidence had nothing to do with it, he was shiite in his first year lol

There so stubborn and hate to of been proven wrong on conor to the point if conor had been stuck in goal nas and co would still call him shiite as he hadnt scored enough lol
                        You're like one of those school kids who hang around in the background when there's a fight, egging people on and stirring it all up
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure we both actually mentioned that the tactics didn't didn't suit him but given that we seemed to have a set tactic that didn't work with him, there wasn't much point pursuing him. Now that we've changed the setup he's working out more for sure. I did also say that his performances weren't good enough irrelevant of the tactic but yea, he worked out now and I couldn't be happier about it
                          Ahh of course, I forgot you're right more times than wrong - no disrespect Nasser but there's a reason why I'd rather debate this with Ginge than you.

Comment

I don't recall one game where he played well for us, not one, in that first year. Sorry that bothers you and Pinkie so much but that's the way I saw it. Like I said, I fully accept it wasn't his fault, being played out of position was obviously difficult as it would be for any player, and clearly he wasn't the type of striker to be effective on his own up front. But if he wasn't playing well, clearly he was playing the opposite. Shite.
                            But hey, since Ollie came in he's been fantastic, and I've said multiple times I hope he keeps it up because he's been a great asset to us since the turn of the year. I've eaten slices of that humble pie, and to be honest it tastes damn good as we're winning games and scoring more. Hopefully in future you'll be able to accept that we all see things differently. I won't change my opinion of him in that first year because I, in my mind, was right. We'll have to agree to disagree.
                            No problem, for me it was just more a case of giving him a full chance in his actual position and playing to his strengths rather than saying he was sh1te as I say.
                            Heck, if I was a striker and you played me left-wing, I'd be sh1te as well!

I also think a confident CW like now, could play up front on his own.

Comment

I don't recall one game where he played well for us, not one, in that first year.
                              To be fair, barring Smithies, not many players have really stood out in the year CW has been with us until recently (last 2 months or so)

Comment

for me it was just more a case of giving him a full chance in his actual position and playing to his strengths
                                AND now having a manager who believes in him and fills him with confidence - an often overlooked yet vital factor.

Again, this comes through loud and clear in the latest podcast interview with Conor, for anyone who still hasn't listened to it. R's fans owe it to themselves to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X