Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but...... weren't you a Polter fan?

Football makes mugs of all of us, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we get it wrong.

Yes i thought the best bits of polter were good and i think it showed in making a profit on him so kind of doesnt really prove a point of him being useless does it really though!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
      And the constant fan digging continues. Don't attack our own - save it for Fulham and Brentford.
      Nothing wrong with supporters v fan-boys.

I remember northolt v white city/bush years ago away at spurs. Everyone had a pint afterwards. Alright, Touchy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        LOL. Like extracting an eyeball to see what it tastes like......
        Haha exactly

Comment

LOL. Like extracting an eyeball to see what it tastes like......

He's now having trouble getting it back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            I will say the mistake was signing him in the first place if we weren't gonna play to a system that he can supposedly thrive in... with that being said, there's no excuse for a striker to constantly hit it straight at the keeper. You can call it confidence all you want, but the fact of the matter is, it's poor quality finishing. Any half decent striker doesn't let confidence affect them long term, they keep doing what they do knowing eventually it'll go in... but with CW, it never goes in.

Talk about a daft comment about confidence,for me that sums youre football experience up if you think that nas! Confidence in sport alones everything!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
              Tbf reading this thread back Nas has been pretty scathing about Washington.

Fella needs to admit he was wrong, something he seems incapable of doing.
              What I was wrong about was thinking he wouldn't improve. I am most certainly not wrong in thinking for 12 months he wasn't performing well, that's pretty clear to me as a truth. I got it wrong to say that he wouldn't improve and we should cut our losses, he's improved bucket loads.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

What I was wrong about was thinking he wouldn't improve. I am most certainly not wrong in thinking for 12 months he wasn't performing well, that's pretty clear to me as a truth. I got it wrong to say that he wouldn't improve and we should cut our losses, he's improved bucket loads.

You seem to ignore the facts for that that he was being played wrong for sum reason! All down to that pathetic so called manager jimmy!

Comment

• All right chaps, keep it going, this thread ain't nearly long enough!

Comment

To make a statement like that it's plainly clear you're still missing the point.

You would do well to listen to his interview on the latest QPR podcast. You would finally 'get it' then as I know it's not a lack of intelligence on your part.

It really is not rocket science, and baffling it's still taking you this long.

Comment

Fair comment Nas. About as close to admitting you were wrong about him ability wise as we're going to get I think :-)

He wasn't much cop for most of his time here mainly due to confidence issues, being played out of position, being played in frequently, and being managed by a pleb. Despite this, some saw a glimmer of talent in him despite these woes. Ability that was worth persevering with. These people (and Ian Holloway) have been proven correct. There is definitely a player there.

Same goes for Luongo (Imo). I've been one of his harshes critics but I wouldn't see him out the door, because though he has been underwhelming for the majority, I can see talent there. Hope he finds it.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Comedy gold if you think it was more people moaning about 'the job he was being asked to do'. Maybe from you, I'm not sure - but majority of people coating him off were saying he just weren't good enough, full stop, no matter how you play him.

Personally I don't give a sh1t now because those who stuck by him are justified.

I just hope the select few who he clearly could not please no matter what, learn for future signings like Washington and weigh everything up more before judging fully.

This impatient instant success culture that has developed at Rangers in recent years needs to stop, because it's not QPR and you won't get it at QPR.
                        We aren't a Man City.
                        He was shite for the first year he was with us. That's a fact. Over the moon that he's finally found his feet and, more importantly, his shooting boots. Long may it continue.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Nasser you could of come out of all this as a proud and professional man. You've really got some growing up to do. You really won't reach your dreams if you're never willing to take advice. Really sad to see.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Wouldn't you just. Conor would be in the bin, Jimmy would still be manager, and Luongo first on the team sheet if it were up to him. And Conor would still have scored only half a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                              I'd have a more accurate opinion of Conor if he played alongside another striker. One up front doesn't suit him
                              spot on mate
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Yes i thought the best bits of polter were good and i think it showed in making a profit on him so kind of doesnt really prove a point of him being useless does it really though!
                                Tbf when you like many others were a Polter fanboy you weren't doing so on the basis that the club was gonna be £s in.

Regarding CW. Yes, he was being fvcked around by one dimensional tactics and his confidence was through the floor. He is not such a genius that he looked great despite JFH. Ginge is correct: he looked poor. This lasted for months and I stand by my comments that he looked below par in the Euros, again being played one up. He's now doing the job he is best suited for and paid to do.

It's still very early days, there will be sides who will work us out and Olly and CW may have to have a functioning plan B. We've turned a corner but there's still a way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X