No announcement yet.

Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to tentatively say that perhaps I was a little hasty in completely writing the guy off. Keep it up, Conor. Great stuff.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Interesting that he's kept spot and Mackie has been benched

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Interesting that he's kept spot and Mackie has been benched
        Well Washington has been far more influential I think plus has 3 in 5. Mackie was very poor last week and has only scored once since being back. Plus I think Washington and Smith are.the present and the future so makes sense. We certainly have better wingers than Mackie.

Comment

• Ollie is finally playing him to his strengths with a big bloke, small speedy bloke combination. Mackie transformed a turgid side through sheer willpower and enthusiasm when Ollie brought him back, but I suspect he's going to be on the subs bench, but with frequent appearances, for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Great work from Conor for the third. Won it in our half and played in Pawel.

Comment

• Great to see a striker with confidence being played to his strengths.

Comment

• Fulham played 1 up front (small in stature too) against Spurs and hardly threatened. You could see the frustration on his face as he was subbed. I was under-whelmed with the signing of Smith, but boy is he proving me wrong, getting the best out of Denzil too is an added bonus
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Is it my imagination or has he started playing better since Poulter left? Nothing against Poulter in my comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Is it my imagination or has he started playing better since Poulter left? Nothing against Poulter in my comments.
                    Its the system that has changed and is now more suited to his style. I really want 2 strikers up front to become the norm again throughout football. This no strikers nonsense or 1 up front is very frustrating, think it emulated from Spain doing it and being successful but I don't want to be watching it every week with players who aren't quite as quick in thought and skill. 2 up front for me every time absolutely certain CW is benefiting from it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Its the system that has changed and is now more suited to his style. I really want 2 strikers up front to become the norm again throughout football.
                      Except we're actually playing with 3 up front aren't we, Kit?

3 CBs - Hall (split role), Lynch, Ned
                      2 WBs - Bidwell, Furs
                      2 CMs - Manning, Freeman
                      3 FWs - Washington, Smith, Pawel

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Except we're actually playing with 3 up front aren't we, Kit?

3 CBs - Hall (split role), Lynch, Ned
                        2 WBs - Bidwell, Furs
                        2 CMs - Manning, Freeman
                        3 FWs - Washington, Smith, Pawel
                        Exactly, and if the amount of chances created at Brum is anything to go by it is working brilliantly for us. The header from Wszolek springs to mind.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• There have been a good few games where we have not been short of chances, it's just that they were poor chances or the finishing was sh1te. The big difference I saw on Saturday was in the stats - Shots 15, On target 9.

Comment

• connor scores again .
                            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

• Great finish today and got a very deserved round of applause for his performance on substitution. Totally different player to the one we saw in his first year here and has earned his spot in the starting 11.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• what is the tune of his song? On the FB fans page they have said it is about time he has a song, but he has a song, but I dont know what the tune is from.

Washington Washington, Conor Washington nananannanaan na, Washington Washington, Conor Washington.

Though one person on there came up with a good song for him that would sound pretty cool:
                                something along the lines of mrs robinson. This ones for you connor washington, rangers love you more than you will know woohhoooo

Comment

Working...
                                X