Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I would not class Remy as mercenary there were plenty worse then him
    Remy was good as gold for us. Came to the club when 'we were on the rise'. No doubt with promises of ambition. Played well, would've been one of our great players if kept in the side. Can you imagine a long term Remy/Austin front two?!

But, we stunk, Chelsea came in, who can blame him or us? Was never going to stay in the Championship. Young and hungry different to a last contract mercenary. Shame he went to Chelsea though, if he'd gone to a mid table prem team he could've done well. Looks like injury has scuppered his career just like Charlie's. Probably for the best they gone haha.

Comment

i wouldn’t of classed remy as a mercanary either, he came in, did well in a poor side then got the opportunity to join a team fighting for European cups. It was a no brainier really

As much as we hate Chelsea that probably meant f all to him

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
        i wouldn’t of classed remy as a mercanary either, he came in, did well in a poor side then got the opportunity to join a team fighting for European cups. It was a no brainier really

As much as we hate Chelsea that probably meant f all to him
        This.

For a neutral footballer, play for chelsea or qpr??... defiantly a no brainer.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
          Absolutely!

Comment

Mercenary? Why, because he was a good player? He was quality for us. I’d classify a number of our current squad and our management teams given the rubbish they produce, as mercenaries. Some are lucky to get paid at all.

Comment

One of the few who came in and was able to carry a poor side. Many other so called top players came in and just wilted under the pressure. That Wigan goal though!

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                Remy was good as gold for us. Came to the club when 'we were on the rise'. No doubt with promises of ambition. Played well, would've been one of our great players if kept in the side. Can you imagine a long term Remy/Austin front two?!

But, we stunk, Chelsea came in, who can blame him or us? Was never going to stay in the Championship. Young and hungry different to a last contract mercenary. Shame he went to Chelsea though, if he'd gone to a mid table prem team he could've done well. Looks like injury has scuppered his career just like Charlie's. Probably for the best they gone haha.
                This.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

How good was is Remy ? Where is he now what's he done since he left QPR ? I would say he's just is / was a good player not as good people think certainly not great ! a player that is representative of modern day players self serving , not anything unusual in today's game

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    How good was is Remy ? Where is he now what's he done since he left QPR ? I would say he's just is / was a good player not as good people think certainly not great ! a player that is representative of modern day players self serving , not anything unusual in today's game
                    Can ask same questions of Adel

Comment

Remy was our top scorer in the half season he was with us so not sure I would say he was a mercenary while our player. Shame he left us in 2014 as that was a huge blow to our survival hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Remy was our top scorer in the half season he was with us so not sure I would say he was a mercenary while our player. Shame he left us in 2014 as that was a huge blow to our survival hopes.
                        Well he did leave at at last minute not giving us time to find an adequate replacement so it could be said that was of a mercenary act , but as I said previous prity much sums up he self serving attitude that is prevails amongst today's footballers imo just another among them that have no idea of giving anything back , what has he done wrong ? nothing in today's game !

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Can ask same questions of Adel
                          Absolutely and not just him that been at QPR over the few years even tho he was good value for a season

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Well he did leave at at last minute not giving us time to find an adequate replacement so it could be said that was of a mercenary act , but as I said previous prity much sums up he self serving attitude that is prevails amongst today's footballers imo just another among them that have no idea of giving anything back , what has he done wrong ? nothing in today's game !
                            He went to play Champions League football at Chelsea after they activated his release clause fee.

I remember the day it was being sorted he wanted to play for us on the Saturday but Redknapp said no. Hardly the actions of a mercenary.

Since he's left he's hardly played and done nothing, but I couldn't care less about that. When he was here he was a class act so no I wouldn't call him a Merc.

Comment

I was a massive fan of Remy, great player for us and definitely not a mercenary. I won't forgive him for joining those cu nts down the road and I don't really care if he was from Timbuktu that's not on and he was getting paid 80 bags from us. I wouldn't be surprised if he did regret that move as he would of pushed us on as a club
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The very late move was a bit off. Mercenary? Aren't all modern footballers by definition?

Still maintain that the best, most natural modern striker I've seen down the Rangers was Cisse.

Shame he was more interested in his "Mr Denzil" range of clothing......

Comment

Working...
                                X