Buying Philosophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Exactly, but the weak link is now a better player no?
    Yep but also depends how he handles being targeted as the weak link where he might not have been before. Could really have been worse than the previous worse player...

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
      I think the real question is could we get done one potentially better and younger for £4 million, I personally think yes.
      If we can then it's more acceptable, and if it was down to his unhappiness here, then it's even more valid because his value to the club as a performer diminishes and we can get someone (in theory) who is exactly the same as him but happier, for the same value.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Have we contributed to Chery's unhappiness?

Comment

Think youre right in what you are saying Nas, but if he wanted to leave then no point hanging onto players that don't wanna be here no matter whether its our best player statistically or 11th best

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
            Think youre right in what you are saying Nas, but if he wanted to leave then no point hanging onto players that don't wanna be here no matter whether its our best player statistically or 11th best
            Oh I agree for sure, in fact, it sticks to what I'm saying more. They are no longer the 75 player the were at first, they're now a 60 rated for example because they don't have that passion to play. It's about what you can offer to the team, and if you can offer only 60, you're a 60 player.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              So this leads me to two questions/points here.
              This whole forcing out good players because they aren't performing as well as they should be (Chery, Luongo, Phillips, Fer, etc), is it really the right way to go? Or should we be looking to work the other way?
              Give me a Mackie over an under-performing Fer every day of the week. At least you know he'll turn up every game.

Didn't Redknapp say he wished he had 11 Jamie Mackie's in comparison to the bunch of mercenaries he inherited from Hughes?

For the record, I wouldn't force Luongo out - I'd play him as a number 10 where he can influence games more.
              Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 04-01-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Forced Fer out? He was drawing 40k plus a week so not a lot to ask for him to give 100% every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Give me a Mackie over an under-performing Fer every day of the week. At least you know he'll turn up every game.

Didn't Redknapp say he wished he had 11 Jamie Mackie's in comparison to the bunch of mercenaries he inherited from Hughes?

For the record, I wouldn't force Luongo out - I'd play him as a number 10 where he can influence games more.
                  I thought Fer was poor for us.. very frustrating as he did show some of what he can do but clearly not the player for our team. We haven't got space for Part Timers.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Working...
                  X