Careful what you wish for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careful what you wish for

So we are once again looking to bring in a whole new load of players after yet another managerial change. Do we ever learn, absolutely no overall strategy with constant changes from one set of coaches and players to another.

It's true, not only in football but in all sport, that you need to develop an identity and way of playing throughout the club, so everyone knows what is expected. I not sure we even know what ours is or has been for the last few years, so certainly no overall direction.

Already been said but the idea of a DOF is oversee that strategy and bring in players accordingly. So again after deciding on a DOF we are again changing the players he brought in, if he's not needed or indeed wanted get rid.

As the title says be careful what you wish for because many on here have wished for a variety of players and managers to only a few weeks latter want the very same players and managers gone.

A new manager is always going to want to bring in some of his own players and dump those he doesn't want, it's just the way it is. Agree we still don't have a master plan though
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I bet we only bring in maximum 3 players. Already brought back Doughty and Furlong. Considering the players going are a player that doesn't want to be here, a very very average striker, a player on 50k a week who's always injured and can't complete a full game, a player who's fallen out with the manager i think it a good thing.

Comment

I agree,and it means we are stuck with Holloway even if we lose our next 6 games ,he is here to stay

Comment

In all fairness this isn't as bad as last few times as we do have a core squad to work with! Goalkeeper wise and defensively we are set maybe with rb up for question!

Midfield wise we have pavel, shopido, Mackie, Cousons, luongo and now manning and doughty but just need some added proven quality to compliment them and we all know up top we are short of proven quality!

However if we move the polt on then I imagine we are keeping Washington and Sylla! We only really need 4/5 players it's just a case that we need to invest in 3/4 quality players this time instead of your average champ standard player or prospect!!

Comment

these are not hollo's players i'd imagine he wants grafters rather than ball players . 3 or 4 new players and we'll be top half

Comment

Regardless of managerial change, this current squad requires a January spruce up IMHO

Comment

Working...
              X