Who's calling the shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's calling the shots?

With all the news coming out of HQ today I get the feeling maybe Les has had to eat some humble pie and has taken a step back!

Are the board backing Ollie and finally getting serious about going back up again? This doesn't seem like the path Les has set out on and more like Illies come in and gone wtf is this squad all about!!!

Wonder if TF and co are having reservations about Les!!

Maybe the board are backing Les. Maybe its Cost Cutter Lee who is eating pie.

Comment

Seems like it mate. Ollie has probably knocked some sense into Les, Lee and the board and told them exactly what needs to be done.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

If we want to survive in this League we simply have to spend, like it or not..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

We are offloading, but have not yet invested. Time will tell but I don't think we will spend more than we sell. Loans and one or two not to expensive signings is my bet.

Comment

^^Loans is maybe the way forward, Swede. Survival is what the rest of this season is about, imo.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I think there are more players of a higher calibre during the summer period and you genially pay over the odds, so I would look for 3 very good ones that cost and a loan or 2 of a youngster from a premier league club. Let's make a start on next seasons starting 11 and at least we will then only need to bed in 2 or 3 more
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Wouldn't get too excited still can't see us spending much dough

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  Wouldn't get too excited still can't see us spending much dough
                  I completely agree,Sandro and henry told they can leave for free ( somebody actually taking them off our hands is an entirely different matter)and we selling our most creative player (under JFH),and suddenly people are saying "happy days" ect,just assuming the board are suddenly going to spend big,it won't happen,cheap signings and a few loans with a view to surviving relegation is what the board will do,sorry to break the celebrations

Comment

Sandro wanted by Chelsea. Sorry wrong Sandro.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      I completely agree,Sandro and henry told they can leave for free ( somebody actually taking them off our hands is an entirely different matter)and we selling our most creative player (under JFH),and suddenly people are saying "happy days" ect,just assuming the board are suddenly going to spend big,it won't happen,cheap signings and a few loans with a view to surviving relegation is what the board will do,sorry to break the celebrations
                      I dont think getting rid of chery is a bad thing tbh. The team was set up to have him as our key man but he failed to deliver most of the time and it cost us many a time.

4.5m is pretty good for him imo and hopefully that'll be shrewdly reinvested

Comment

Give Ollie massive amount of credit card for clearing the #### out that has been assembled. Never my first choice but fair play to him for getting stuck into this and very early in the window too.

Comment

If Chery is wanted somewhere else, he will shine for them, we know this don't we. Matt Philips is glad he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                            If Chery is wanted somewhere else, he will shine for them, we know this don't we. Matt Philips is glad he left.
                            He might do but that's not a reason to keep him here. It's what he does for us that matters and therein lies the problem.
                            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              With all the news coming out of HQ today I get the feeling maybe Les has had to eat some humble pie and has taken a step back!

Are the board backing Ollie and finally getting serious about going back up again? This doesn't seem like the path Les has set out on and more like Illies come in and gone wtf is this squad all about!!!

Wonder if TF and co are having reservations about Les!!
                              Lets hope the DOF takes that step backwards out of the door, been a very poor appointment

Comment

Working...
                              X