Polter to Union Berlin - official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    just hope les is not involved in the next cycle of transfer targets seeing as 2 of his lot have been put up for sale and the rest barring sylla and smithes have been gash.

hope we can get a mil for polt along with 2.5 for chery. then we need to be signing championship quality players.
    We'll get more than a mil for polti, his value probably went up since joining given his decent goalscoring record at this level. I'd say 2.2mil for polter, 4-5mil for Chery in the current market.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      We'll get more than a mil for polti, his value probably went up since joining given his decent goalscoring record at this level. I'd say 2.2mil for polter, 4-5mil for Chery in the current market.
      Facts.

Comment

Polter has said he wants to go back to Germany, so not sure it is the Club's decision.

Comment

2.2 million for Polter? Not in the real world do very well to get 800k for him and even that I would jump at. Very very poor player and one we should be looking to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            2.2 million for Polter? Not in the real world do very well to get 800k for him and even that I would jump at. Very very poor player and one we should be looking to move on.
            This
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              I didn't think we had this policy anymore though? I thought it was Les getting the players and Ollie choosing who he likes from the ones that Les found in that position.
              This. I didn't want Holloway back but if he's going to manage the players, and the team as a whole, great. That's what a club of our size and in a mess like us needs. Have never thought we needed a DOF however experienced....or not, as in our case. Just an added complication.

Comment

there's no way any team in germany would spend 2.2m on polter ... maybe we should alert chinese clubs to his availability ...

polter was one of my favourite players last season mainly because he was pretty cool off the field. on the field though, even on a good day he still played like a professional sunday league player

Comment

Like the idea of shedding the less gifted players, just concerned that means 90% of the squad.

I suppose you have to trust Ollie, at least he has the club at heart and not one of those mercenaries who we've had recently.
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    If we got anymore than £1.5m for that donkey I'll eat my hat.

Comment

I'd go no more than 750k if I was a buying a club

Comment

Good, a very poor buy,

Comment

Saying that you wouldn't have expected 4 mil + for Chery (which we are about to receive) - it's a strange old game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                            Like the idea of shedding the less gifted players, just concerned that means 90% of the squad.

I suppose you have to trust Ollie, at least he has the club at heart and not one of those mercenaries who we've had recently.
                            This^ Im all for getting rid of the dross but are we going to get adequate replacements? If we arent going to replace him with anyone decent id rather see Polter stay. Not the best ability but you cant fault his work rate and attitude. Handy squad player imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                              Saying that you wouldn't have expected 4 mil + for Chery (which we are about to receive) - it's a strange old game.
                              Only because he's off to China. Anywhere else and it would be 2.5 million tops. Potter won't go to china he seems we won't get that sort of money for him

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Polter's current market value is 1.7mil according to transfermarkt.co.uk

When we bought him for 1.98mil, his value was only 1.2mil.

Given that since then, his value has gone up thanks to his goalscoring and workrate and relative success at this level, his selling value to us right now should be at a minimum 2.2mil.

It's hyperbolic to suggest he'd be worth anything less than 1.5 at the bare minimum.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X