Polter to Union Berlin - official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
    Not a conspiracy but are you honestly telling me we are being paid £3 mil up front for polter to a division 2 German team or £4 mil + for Chery to a Chinese team?
    Why is that so hard to believe?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      I think the board, the manager and even us the fans have accepted its preparing for league one and grass roots football back, and even more importantly we all get our Rangers back.
      We rebuild and we go again.
      I don't think so, looks to me like they are getting rid of more deadwood and will hopefully replace with better. If they don't replace them then I would agree but doubt that very much.

I am certainly not preparing for League One, it's a bit embarrassing really playing in the Johnstone's cup or whatever it is!

Comment

• Division 2 in Germany not renowned for big fees, paying 3 million for a player with a 1 in 5 goal to game ratio. To me it seems much more likely £1.25 plus add ons that could reach £3 mil and feel the reporting of £3 mil fee is disingenuous.

But then again it might just be me.

Comment

• Can't say I'm unhappy about this, poor player! the only thing is I'm not sure we'll be signing better with the policy the club has at the moment, and all the recent bad buys,

Comment

• Don't forget sterling has gone down by about 20% so these fees are cheaper to foreign clubs.

Comment

• Amazing news. Delighted.

Comment

• http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...c-union-berlin

Comment

• 3 mil is def big money for Union as they are strong on being fan run and not becoming a millionaires toy but they did spend 3.5 on a striker 2 years or so back. 4 mil is surely nothing to worry about to these Chinese clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    3 mil is def big money for Union as they are strong on being fan run and not becoming a millionaires toy but they did spend 3.5 on a striker 2 years or so back. 4 mil is surely nothing to worry about to these Chinese clubs.
                    can't believe that fc union have spent anywhere near £3m on polter... unless that includes his wages for the whole of the contract and a hefty bonus if they get promoted and he scores a bucketload of goals. they wanted polter when we signed him, but couldn't compete with us from a financial perspective. nothing much has changed with their finances, so wouldn't see why they would suddenly be able to pay more than double what they would have last season for a player that they knew wanted to go there from a club that they knew wanted to sell.

Comment

• I for one liked Polter. Yes he wasn't the best striker in the world and i actually don't think we saw the best he could offer. But also how many of our strikers have we got the best out of and played to their strengths. None of them. I'm sure in a better team he would do better. If many more if our players gave as much effort as he did most of the time then we would be better as a result. Top class fella.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        I for one liked Polter. Yes he wasn't the best striker in the world and i actually don't think we saw the best he could offer. But also how many of our strikers have we got the best out of and played to their strengths. None of them. I'm sure in a better team he would do better. If many more if our players gave as much effort as he did most of the time then we would be better as a result. Top class fella.
                        I liked Polter and couldn't fault his effort but let's be honest, anyone who struggles to trap a ball at Championship level is never going to light up the division.

Comment

• I liked him as a person. He gave us the saying "Our House" . Good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
                            can't believe that fc union have spent anywhere near £3m on polter... unless that includes his wages for the whole of the contract and a hefty bonus if they get promoted and he scores a bucketload of goals. they wanted polter when we signed him, but couldn't compete with us from a financial perspective. nothing much has changed with their finances, so wouldn't see why they would suddenly be able to pay more than double what they would have last season for a player that they knew wanted to go there from a club that they knew wanted to sell.
                            They have a real shot at promotion this year though with big financial rewards in the bundesliga.

Comment

• I liked him, shame it didn't work out.
                              The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1974Rs View Post
                                I liked him, shame it didn't work out.
                                Same mate. Personality player who really engaged with the supporters

Comment

Working...
                                X