Polter to Union Berlin - official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Thank you Seb for being a great servant to the club. Thank you for scoring goals and thank you for working hard. Thank you for rallying the team when they needed you to and thank you for caring.

Also, Those saying that this is an incredible deal for us, this is as close to his true value as you'll get at the moment. Scored a few goals with limited service and can create chances for himself. Good age, great physically and decent shooting. £3mil isn't great, it's a fair value. In order to truly get a great player in, we'll have to sell Washington for a decent amount and use both player's money in to buy someone.
    If this guy has done enough to be getting labled as a "great servant" we really must be desperately short of heroes right now. Average player who ran around a lot and scored a handful of important goals, that's about it!

3m quid is good business for everyone involved. Get it done and try and find a more capable replacement!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      If this guy has done enough to be getting labled as a "great servant" we really must be desperately short of heroes right now. Average player who ran around a lot and scored a handful of important goals, that's about it!

3m quid is good business for everyone involved. Get it done and try and find a more capable replacement!
      In his time at the club, he's scored goals, been a nuisance to defenders and despite coming in expecting to be the main man, only for charlie to stay, he kept working and improved massively since he first joined, hence why we've made a profit. Running around is only part of the job, but he scored more than most and for that, he's been a great servant to my club in the past year.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Nas you need to play more than a little over a season to be classed a great servant. Hill, Faurlin, Derry, Rowlands and Gallen in recent years were great servants but Polter no he cannot be classed a great servant.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Nas you need to play more than a little over a season to be classed a great servant. Hill, Faurlin, Derry, Rowlands and Gallen in recent years were great servants but Polter no he cannot be classed a great servant.
          Agreed

Comment

• If BFG is a servant so was Taiwo he tackled someone with his face

Comment

Nas you need to play more than a little over a season to be classed a great servant. Hill, Faurlin, Derry, Rowlands and Gallen in recent years were great servants but Polter no he cannot be classed a great servant.
              Ok so we seem to value the phrase great servant differently.. Your use of the term is different to mine, not a problem. I class those players as heroes, well above great servant status.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Also, how have I managed to find another way to offend people here?!?! Calling someone a great servant is actually annoying people wtf?

Comment

• The best number 17 we've had for many years.

Comment

• Any need for that bit Nas? I would class a good servant on length of service and loyalty to the club. Alan McDonald was a great servant and hero all into one.

Comment

Any need for that bit Nas? I would class a good servant on length of service and loyalty to the club. Alan McDonald was a great servant and hero all into one.
                      I'm literally just saying that I perhaps don't put the use of the phrase great servant on the same level that you do. It's a different use of verbage and you seem annoyed at that fact for some reason, that's all mate.

Comment

• Not annoyed just suprised by the use of great servant to the club. A trier who if true we made a profit from.

Comment

Not annoyed just suprised by the use of great servant to the club. A trier who if true we made a profit from.
                          As I said, it's just different verbage, I don't put - great servant - on the same pedestal that you do. I perhaps reserve that more for heroes, going by the players you listed as great servants.

Comment

• Deals' been agreed: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...l-sell-striker

Comment

• Shame he is going as even if he was lacking skill some games (some games he had a great finish, other games he was atrocious) he was passionate and was fantastic with the fans which can't be said about many other players in past few years.

Comment

• Good deal all round and lets see who replaces him.

Comment

Working...
                                X