No announcement yet.

Henry offski!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always seemed frightened to try a forward pass as more than likely got a rollicking off JFH. There were a couple of times when he was Karlos Henri but then went back to his own little world.
    I have never and never will boo one of our own but I would not cheer them. They have to prove they are good enough to me not the other way round as I have been going since 1953.
    Looks like I need a new t shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Always seemed frightened to try a forward pass as more than likely got a rollicking off JFH. There were a couple of times when he was Karlos Henri but then went back to his own little world.
      I have never and never will boo one of our own but I would not cheer them. They have to prove they are good enough to me not the other way round as I have been going since 1953.
      Big Fat Gut?

Comment

Done ok, put effort in but we move on
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Big Fat Gut?

Comment

Fan power

Comment

I liked the nickname 'the west midlands crab' which is not to be confused with a popular VD in the area. I agree he always put in a shift but found him one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. Any break away I would be saying to myself don't give it to Henry, PLEASE!!! He has the ability to kill off any attacking momentum in one of his trademarked sideward or backwards passes, or just keep the ball for too long. Yes I know that attacking is not his strength however it shouldn't be such a massive weakness!

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                Wonder what the row was about.
                probably something along the lines of why are you playing Hall as a defensive midfielder instead of him and why I'm not playing? He'll be here until the summer no one going to take him in January on the money he's getting, he'll run his contract down?

Comment

The thing with Henry in my opinion is we would win a tight game at home and he would have a stormer in the holding midfield role but he would then have 1 or 2 games where you'd think what is the point of him.

In the grand scheme of things he has served us well, much much better than a lot of supposedly big name players who barely broke sweat.

Comment

Let's be honest, he's pony.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Let's be honest, he's pony.
                      Who do we boo on andoff the pitch now though?

Ned?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Ned?
                        Been happening already.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Was great in the Prem because we constantly had our backs to the wall. He could put a block in and pass it to someone else.

In the Champ or against lower league Prem teams we should be attacking, you need a holding mid who isn't afraid to break forward and have a shot (what we need Cousins to do more of) or a midfielder who can dictate play, pick a pass (eg Faurlin). Henry was neither unfortunately.

Comment

I wonder what the row was about.

Apparently his time at Wolves also ended with Karl on bad terms with the management. Strange because he seems like an honest pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              How about the opposition?? Now there's a novel idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                How about the opposition?? Now there's a novel idea!!
                                It would never catch on.

Comment

Working...
                                X