Smithies - How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No im old enough mate.
    I really dont think Smithies will ever be as good as Seaman, but i do think he will be England keeper cos the standard of English keepers is nowhere near the 80s days,

Comment

OK fair pt kev. Also much prefer this poster, I am hoping you're far less sarcastic in 2017 because it really is an unpleasant trait which we've discussed before.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ill try mate, i really will. But im like it in real life so its a difficult addiction to crack.

Comment

Stick or twist?

Would you stick, and keep Smithies between the sticks and carry on as we are. And keep searching for a salution to our goal scoring record (as we have done since CA left)

OR

Would you twist by doing a straight swap with Smithies (who imo, by far is our best/consistent/promising young player) for a proven goal scorer? And risking bringing in the wrong type to replace Smithies as well as have faith in Ingram/lumley.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

If getting a proven, quality goalscorer meant we absolutely HAD to lose Smithies, I'd do it. Ingram is a good enough keeper for the Championship imo. Not done badly whenever I've seen him.
            Of course, I'd rather not lose Smithies, he's a different class.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Love to see some much needed excitement down the bush again, because of our goal scoring... but would also honestly struggle letting Smithies go. If/when we get this type of player we need to hold onto them to move forward as a club. Someone of his age and as good as him, imho would get into many Prem starting 11s.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Love to see some much needed excitement down the bush again, because of our goal scoring... but would also honestly struggle letting Smithies go. If/when we get this type of player we need to hold onto them to move forward as a club. Someone of his age and as good as him, imho would get into many Prem starting 11s.
                Gone are the days of rely bombing down the wing and smashing them in the top corner.

All we are left with is a lamppost impersonator in polter.

Bloody heart breaking to see our club collapsing like this.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Remy *

Comment

The loss of a player like Smithies signals the intent to be a skipping stone club, where players come to get sold on. That's ok.

However, at this point, in a team lacking quality, we must retain what little we have.

We went to far down the 'young, cheap, unproven player' route, now we are struggling.

We should build a solid team, that way when we lose a Smithies/Austin, it doesn't effect the club.

Time to spend a bit of money i'm afraid.

Comment

We have to use the likes of Caulker or Sandro in negotiations to bring a quality striker from the Prem. Thus not make any sense to me selling our best prospect when we should of been building a very solid defense around him. We must also be freeing some wages of players that are useless to us at this level.

Comment

forgett all that if holloway has one great gift its his ability to find gems from the lower divisions,armed with four million he could bring in four future england internationals
                        traditionally we have always been a selling club and when tony tried to stop that we run into terrible trouble,lets go back to the old jim gregory days of buying and selling
                        without buying the poop that ferdinand has
                        so its lets buy players like charlie auistin,they must be out there,lets look a little harder
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Smithies will use the club as a stepping stone in my eyes. He is a great keeper who will certainly exceed how good we can become before he needs to move to make the most of his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                            forgett all that if holloway has one great gift its his ability to find gems from the lower divisions,armed with four million he could bring in four future england internationals
                            traditionally we have always been a selling club and when tony tried to stop that we run into terrible trouble,lets go back to the old jim gregory days of buying and selling
                            without buying the poop that ferdinand has
                            so its lets buy players like charlie auistin,they must be out there,lets look a little harder
                            Our dof will offer him a selection to pick from.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              four million a mighty large war chest for ollie to get some strike power,and our number two is destined to be even greater ,ingram is a new dave seaman
                              You are without doubt the most deluded and daftest member on this board,no offence, I'm sure you are a great guy just utterly daft.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                4 million is nothing for a quality goalkeeper.
                                I agree,but we have idiots running the club so will probably happen

Comment

Working...
                                X