Smithies - How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smithies - How much?

four million a mighty large war chest for ollie to get some strike power,and our number two is destined to be even greater ,ingram is a new dave seaman
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

4 million is nothing for a quality goalkeeper.

Comment

Yeah well good idea

Comment

Unfortunately guys there is some method in Teds madness.

I do expect a bid for arguably one of the best keepers in the division, that'll come from Villa if the rags are to be believed.

Personally if we got a £3.5-4m bid for him I would reluctantly accept it. We won't get more as he only has 18 months left on his contract & we have another brilliant young keeper in Matt Ingram and goals are what's going to keep us up, and the way it is we are going down with a whimper as we just don't score. Needs must. Go get a decent striker with the money.

Comment

A pointless sale as far as we're concerned. We wont effectively address the lack of goals with £4million, and we'll struggle to bring in a goalkeeper of Smithies' ability for the same money - Ingram, as good as he is, is just not ready to jump straight in and make the position his own. We gain nothing from letting him go for that price.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 26-12-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Ho Ho Ho, christmas cracker joke hey ted
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

4 million that's stealing him should be 10 million with add ons if he is sold on.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                4 million that's stealing him should be 10 million with add ons if he is sold on.
                With 18 months of a contract left? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                  Yeah exactly. Smithies is the best in the championship atm and up there as one of the best keepers in the entire country this season. Anyone can see hes a future prem keeper and england international imo.
                  He'd be a perfect signing for villa but anyone coming in for smithies needs to spend big on him or sod off.
                  I'd say 8m would be a fair fee for him atm especially the huge transfer fees going round for people atm

Comment

Don't agree Jimmy if it was 12months yeah we're not in strong position but if a club needs a keeper there not going to wait 18months for him and will want him now and therefore need to pay today's price which for Smithies should start at £6mil in today's market

Comment

I think he's a good keeper but not in the same class as Dave seaman if you're old enough to remember. I can't think of Dave letting in anything at his near post and not in the same class IMO. Just a decent championship keeper
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        I think he's a good keeper but not in the same class as Dave seaman if you're old enough to remember. I can't think of Dave letting in anything at his near post and not in the same class IMO. Just a decent championship keeper
                        Can we remember Seaman at the same age Smithies is now though Weare?
                        Keepers get so much better with age and experience.
                        Think he could be the England keeper, but he has to leave us to get there.

Comment

I don't actually agree. I though he was brilliant at us and arsenal. No better when he left, he was like a 2 goal head start. Smithies will go onto better but certainly not in the same class as 1 of our best ever keepers

Comment

Seaman in 2003 at the age of 40.

https://youtu.be/VTBkWRs7r-c

Smithies is 26 and seems to be getting better all the time.

Comment

Kev you must be to young to remember him at the R's. Thought he was incredible for us and although brilliant at arsenal I felt we had his best years

Comment

Working...
                              X