Manning, Mackie, Wszolek & Sylla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning, Mackie, Wszolek & Sylla

All four are worthy of special mentions IMO.

What an impressive debut by Manning. No one saw this coming, but as Ollie says, he only wants players who give 100% for the shirt. He also didn't want to play anyone who was carrying a knock, so the gamble to play the kid paid off as fortune favoured the brave.

Pavel was excellent too and never stopped running all game. Just goes to prove that Sylla will always score so long as the service is there. He's a striker that's growing in confidence with every game and IMO is a much better option up front than Polter.

As for Mackie, fantastic energy and determination as always from him; and without that we'd never have created the winning goal for Pavel, who also did brilliantly to fend off three defenders to score. Mackie looks a more intelligent and mature player to me now, seems to read the game better and improved all-round awareness.

I think it's only me, Pinkie and Van who have kept faith in Ollie these last few weeks (sorry if I've forgotten anyone else), so hopefully this result can be a turning point as we head into 2017 with a great morale-boosting victory. Hopefully it will also encourage the board to trust him a bit more with some much needed funds.

HNY & COYRS!

Not watched the game but really happy to read that about Mackie, one thing we fans can't knock him for is the 100% he gives us.

Comment

Only seen the extended highlights so far but manning didn't look out of place in his debut so credit to him!!

Always had faith in ollie too from the moment he was appointed, if anything it made me realise that most of our losses have been down to the team rather than manager but at least ollie had us trying rather than playing hot potato under jfh

Comment

Is there a poll for MOM Wolves v QPR. We haven't really had a poll worth voting for recently, but I think yesterday's game is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          All four are worthy of special mentions IMO.

What an impressive debut by Manning. No one saw this coming, but as Ollie says, he only wants players who give 100% for the shirt. He also didn't want to play anyone who was carrying a knock, so the gamble to play the kid paid off as fortune favoured the brave.

Pavel was excellent too and never stopped running all game. Just goes to prove that Sylla will always score so long as the service is there. He's a striker that's growing in confidence with every game and IMO is a much better option up front than Polter.

As for Mackie, fantastic energy and determination as always from him; and without that we'd never have created the winning goal for Pavel, who also did brilliantly to fend off three defenders to score. Mackie looks a more intelligent and mature player to me now, seems to read the game better and improved all-round awareness.

I think it's only me, Pinkie and Van who have kept faith in Ollie these last few weeks (sorry if I've forgotten anyone else), so hopefully this result can be a turning point as we head into 2017 with a great morale-boosting victory. Hopefully it will also encourage the board to trust him a bit more with some much needed funds.

HNY & COYRS!
          I think we've all been concerned about the 6 losses on the spin and the manner of the performances but its only been the odd bell end demanding Ollie's head. Great, great win! Let's hope it builds a bit of confidence in the players ready for Ipswich. COYRs!!!!

Comment

Although I've slated players I have remained behind Holloway from day one. So glad something has gone right for him as we've deserved more out of some of the games in recent weeks (Wolves and Derby at home spring to mind).

Onwards and upwards hopefully

Comment

Before we Start comparing who is ollys biggest fan, let's see how we get on today.

Yes we beat wolves, but we were totally murdered up there.

I have my doubts that anything has changed after a lucky and undeserving win.

Hope I'm wrong but have my doubts about today.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Thread title sounds like a firm of solicitors....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Thread title sounds like a firm of solicitors....
                  Hope I get the 3rd one, reckon he'll be a tad cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Hope I get the 3rd one, reckon he'll be a tad cheaper
                    Theres a risk of it being a shoddy job though

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      Before we Start comparing who is ollys biggest fan, let's see how we get on today.

I think people are just pleased we got a win mate. Don't worry I'm sure you'll get your platform back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        I think people are just pleased we got a win mate. Don't worry I'm sure you'll get your platform back soon.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Just seen Sylla's terrific finish....shows what he can do if you get the ball in from wide. Keep the width and stop midfield running across the pitch with no end product.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            Just seen Sylla's terrific finish....shows what he can do if you get the ball in from wide. Keep the width and stop midfield running across the pitch with no end product.
                            Simple as that. But Chery and Luongo can seemingly only play crab like.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

I'd prefer to say we defended brilliantly. Our keeper only needed to make one superb save. Excellent away performance imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X