Conor Hourihane and Sam Winnall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Hourihane and Sam Winnall

gotta make these 2 our main targets. Barnsley are doing good with these players their main men, but both of their contracts are up in the summer so would be available on the cheap, I reckon 2m each max. Sure we could push for playoffs with these and a few more additions. Get it done before some one else does Ollie.

We could of signed hourihane for free before he went Barnsley which is a bit gutting but I agree he'd be a good addition! I think we need a bit of grit and metal in the middle as well though!

Comment

I think talk of playoffs is way too far off and expecting us to make a late run for the playoffs will just end in heartache tbh.
      They'd both be my main targets though thats for sure, hourihane has been spectacular for barnsley both this and last season and signing him would be a real coup and something that we could pull off

Comment

How do we actually attract decent players to come to us though? I dunno what we can offer aside from cash but I don't actually want players who are just after cash..... It's a flipping conundrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          How do we actually attract decent players to come to us though? I dunno what we can offer aside from cash but I don't actually want players who are just after cash..... It's a flipping conundrum.
          That's exactly what worries me, Barnsley are a better club atm than us, but I think Ollie could somehow persuade players to join.

Comment

Live in Barnsley or London......not sure it should be too hard to convince people

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
              That's exactly what worries me, Barnsley are a better club atm than us, but I think Ollie could somehow persuade players to join.
              Barnsley are massively overachieving and even overachieved last year like crazy as they where in the relegation places in league 1 this time last year.
              They're a small club with no money who pretty much act as a stepping stone club for players. I imagine they'd have a lot of clubs interested in winnal and hourihane and hopefully that includes us

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Live in Barnsley or London......not sure it should be too hard to convince people
                It's not about where they live though is it, they won't care living in Barnsley earning 10k a week, the fact is Barnsley are above us in the league and not sure they'd want to move to a club below them in the table, no matter of where they live.

Comment

Hourihane is absolutely brilliant. If there was even a chance to sign him I would take it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rangers10;1595441]It's not about where they live though is it, they won't care living in Barnsley earning 10k a week, the fact is Barnsley are above us in the league and not sure they'd want to move to a club below them in the table, no matter of where they live.[/QUOTE

They're above us this season but in recent history we have done better and I would say the bigger and better name. Living in London is a big attraction in my view. Pretty certain even Newcastle and other northern sides have struggled to attract the top top players because no one wants to live up North!

Comment

[QUOTE=James1979;1595452]
                      Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
                      It's not about where they live though is it, they won't care living in Barnsley earning 10k a week, the fact is Barnsley are above us in the league and not sure they'd want to move to a club below them in the table, no matter of where they live.[/QUOTE

They're above us this season but in recent history we have done better and I would say the bigger and better name. Living in London is a big attraction in my view. Pretty certain even Newcastle and other northern sides have struggled to attract the top top players because no one wants to live up North!
                      Haha fair play mate, hopefully the size of the club can attract them as well,as we really should be better than barnsley and will be in the future I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X