Transfer Window Ins and Outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Window Ins and Outs

Hi all, New poster here.Been a reader for a long time and thought I'd join in the madness haha. Firstly, Happy New Year to all and a great 3 points yesterday, feel like a win against Ipswich and Foolham at home would get us out of the relegation scrap for now.
    We need to do business in the window. My targets would be Danny Graham as a striker, prolific in this division which is what we need. He's banging them in for a below average Blackburn side,wouldn't cost much either. I'd prefer Winall from Barnsley as he's younger and quicker though, probe still only 2/3 million for him.Oliver Mcburnie from Swansea is also worth a shout on loan, young kid and looks promising whenever he plays. Defo has goals in him in this division.
    We need a creative mid and I think we could go for lansbury as a realistic option or possibly hourihane of Barnsley. Both class deep lying playmakers for only a few million.
    We could do with another defender who can play anywhere across the back 4 as a utility man, and mancienne from forest is this man, can cover cdm also which is good and he's a decent player.Darnell is returning from loan and he should start at rb ahead of perch, decent prospect.
    As for outs, Chery,Caulker/Onuoha(cant afford to lose both as lack of cbs),Henry,Nasser,Washington and Gladwin would be who I offload.I'd keep Sandro as he is a cut above when plays, and we have to play him when we can. All of the outs together should give us 8/9 million to strengthen in other areas.

This team would be class IMO:

Smithies

Furlong
    Hall
    Lynch (C)
    Robinson

Wsolek
    Hourihane
    Sandro
    Yeni(needs to come good quickly)

Sylla
    Winnall.

Subs: Ingram, mancienne , Borysuik,Luongo, shodipo, polter, mcburnie.

Thanks all for reading, and COYR'S!!
    Last edited by Rangers10; 01-01-2017, 11:25 AM.

Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
    Hi all, New poster here.Been a reader for a long time and thought I'd join in the madness haha. Firstly, Happy New Year to all and a great 3 points yesterday, feel like a win against Ipswich and Foolham at home would get us out of the relegation scrap for now.
    We need to do business in the window. My targets would be Danny Graham as a striker, prolific in this division which is what we need. He's banging them in for a below average Blackburn side,wouldn't cost much either. Oliver Mcburnie from Swansea is also worth a shout on loan, young kid and looks promising whenever he plays. Defo has goals in him in this division.
    We need a creative mid and I think we could go for lansbury as a realistic option or possibly hourihane of Barnsley. Both class deep lying playmakers for only a few million.
    We could do with another defender who can play anywhere across the back 4 as a utility man, and mancienne from forest is this man, can cover cdm also which is good and he's a decent player.Darnell is returning from loan and he should start at rb ahead of perch, decent prospect.
    As for outs, Chery,Caulker/Onuoha(cant afford to lose both as lack of cbs),Henry,Nasser,Washington and Gladwin would be who I offload.I'd keep Sandro as he is a cut above when plays, and we have to play him when we can. All of the outs together should give us 8/9 million to strengthen in other areas.

This team would be class IMO:

Smithies

Furlong
    Hall
    Lynch (C)
    Robinson

Wsolek
    Hourihane
    Sandro
    Yeni(needs to come good quickly)

Sylla
    Graham.

Subs: Ingram, mancienne , Borysuik,Luongo, shodipo, polter, mcburnie.

Thanks all for reading, and COYR'S!!

Good God not graham.

Would be happy with a grabbon on loan.

Plus we need a right back.

Lu ongo and Cheryl are pants and both should be moved on but cannot see it this window.

We are dying for a creative midfielder.

Players out......

Ned, caulker, el kayati, glad win, Chery, polter, Washington,

Probably be able to get rid of 3 from that lot of rot.

Welcome to the board btw.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Yeah grabban is a good shout mate, got some pace about him which we lack.
        Hourihane would be the creative mid, furlong/mancienne would cover RB position well. I'd honestly take graham, 31 not as old as people think and 9 goals this season in a bottom 3 team, but I'd certainly prefer winall for 2m. I hope luongo and chery go as well but doubt it. Cheers mate
        Last edited by Rangers10; 01-01-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

can't see many many quality players coming here unless we splash the cash on wages , agree we must let some of the above go gladwin , chery , nasser , henry and perch to name but a few

Comment

I think perch is a good player to have around, just not in the starting 11 unless its a must. He puts in the occassional good performance, is rarely injured and can literally play anywhere in the team so its good just to have him as a squad player.
            I like mancienne too but hes a lot like perch so i think itd be a bit of a waste of money bringing him in.

Grabban would be a great addition but for me i'd love us to sign hourihane and winnal and i reckon it'd only cost 4m for the pair of them as their contracts are almost up. A new cb is a must too, even if its only a loan but in an ideal world my team would be:
            Smithies
            Bidwell lynch hall furlong
            Shodipo luongo hourihane wzolek/washington/ngbakotobakcei
            Sylla winnal

Washington has always had his best performances for us on the wing as he has a mackie like work rate except less injured and i do believe he has the potential to be a good player for us

Comment

[QUOTE=corbray;1595336]I think perch is a good player to have around, just not in the starting 11 unless its a must. He puts in the occassional good performance, is rarely injured and can literally play anywhere in the team so its good just to have him as a squad player.
              I like mancienne too but hes a lot like perch so i think itd be a bit of a waste of money bringing him in.

Grabban would be a great addition but for me i'd love us to sign hourihane and winnal and i reckon it'd only cost 4m for the pair of them as their contracts are almost up.

Completely agree with winnall and hourihane, for that price we'd be stupid not to. Can't mancienne play cb? I'm sure he does and if so we have to go with hall and lynch cb with mancienne and nedum as cover which is good enough. Also I think your team is spot on apart from robinson(when fit) in for bidwell and 100% wsolek on the right over conor or yeni

Comment

I'd look at loaning someone like Ben Watson from Watford as well as singing hourihane! Watson knows the league and would get stuck in and pull the strings!!

I said about Grabban ages ago and I think he'd be a excellent signing for us as he has pace and a decent finisher!! Would also look at Will Buckley from Sheff Wed, Russel from Derby and maybe testing Forrest resolve for Lansbury!!

Comment

Lansbury and hourihane in the middle together would be class, Ben Watson also is a good shout but lansbury and hourihane should be our main targets as they're younger and I think better players

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers10 View Post
                    Lansbury and hourihane in the middle together would be class, Ben Watson also is a good shout but lansbury and hourihane should be our main targets as they're younger and I think better players
                    It all costs money though and I imagine if we are going to spend the most of the investments will go on a striker! I imagine Forrest would want 6 mill for Lansbury where as you pointed out with Hourhaine contract up on the summer he offers value!

Comment

Watson was here and I think he didn't enjoy it. Would be very surprised if he would come back.

Comment

Think Bradley Dack and Henry Lansbury would be great additions.. Grabban and Darryl Murphy would be two strikers that I would like to see down LR but if we haven't got the money the best we can hope for are loan signings.
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Good point maids, but what about a loan for geudiora from Watford? Unit in the centre and strikes a great ball. Wouldn't mind him and Watson rather then spending on lansbury as you say.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            It all costs money though and I imagine if we are going to spend the most of the investments will go on a striker! I imagine Forrest would want 6 mill for Lansbury where as you pointed out with Hourhaine contract up on the summer he offers value!
                            Lansbury contract also up in the summer if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              Lansbury contract also up in the summer if I'm not mistaken.
                              Derby have made an official £2.5m bid. With only 6 months left on his contract that's a massive offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X