Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holloway happy with 3 points and plans ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
    Good win that it was a bit of realism required. Wolves are a very average side yet pretty much battered us and our two shots on target and two goals is unlikely to be repeated for a while.

Sorry but it doesn't change anything and allowing the wrong manager in Holloway to bring in a whole load of different players is just repeating the same mistakes over and over again. The club have no playing strategy which should be the overriding factor in all player transactions, with this manager or any other being brought in being chosen to fit in with that strategy. I afraid we never learn and will just continue in this spiral of decay.
    Rick Ollie wasn't my choice but I can't blame him or JFH , the way I see it it's the recruiting of payers , it seems like the old Tesco's policy of buy em cheap and stack em high with little or no insight into their character , most the the players we've bought on the young and cheap policy are cheap for one reason what I've seen is so many have flaws in their game one of which work rate and concentration certainly that's the case of Luongo and Chery players that should be at the heart of the game but allow the game to bypass them

Comment

Good win that it was a bit of realism required. Wolves are a very average side yet pretty much battered us and our two shots on target and two goals is unlikely to be repeated for a while.

Sorry but it doesn't change anything and allowing the wrong manager in Holloway to bring in a whole load of different players is just repeating the same mistakes over and over again. The club have no playing strategy which should be the overriding factor in all player transactions, with this manager or any other being brought in being chosen to fit in with that strategy. I afraid we never learn and will just continue in this spiral of decay.

In all fairness to Ollie he hasn't shied away from the fact the run of Losing 6 was shocking!! He's also spoken honestly in his assessments on most of the games!
      Yesterday we didn't deserve a point let alone the 3 but in the run of 6 loses we could of easily won 2 of the games and got a draw in another! With our poor squad we matched derby and villa and were in the game against Brighton until luongo through it away and I personally think we were the better team against wolves until Perch got sent off too!

Ollies also the one who's come out and said we don't need youngsters we got enough of them now and we need to buy experienced championship ready players!
      He speaks realistically on the state of the club and seems to know what we need so im pretty confident he will get it right!

Remember he was tasked with changing the philosophy of how we play to the 'QPR' way! That's probably cost us points initially as the players he has at his disposable one needed time to adapt and secondly some just aint up to it!
      The transition was always going to be hard but I think some times the run of six loses hides some of the positive displays against 3 of the best teams in this league!

If he recruits properly then I can't see why we won't finish mid table this season maybe a bit higher and realistically kick on next season with the positive prospect of playing some attacking football!!
      Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 01-01-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Can someone put up a video of his comments, thanks
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Feel sort of the same as you Ricky and when I heard the report last night saying the reporter couldn't understand how Wolves lost a game they completely dominated, it does make you wonder. However sometimes that little bit of luck is the sort of thing that turns seasons. I stick by that Olly is completely the wrong appointment but I also hope I am made to eat humble pie and he becomes a true Rs legend and returns us to the promised land. Tomorrow's game is massive and another 3 points will give Olly the time to build his way. Time will tell let's hope I am eating that pie !

Comment

Save a piece for me too, Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Can someone put up a video of his comments, thanks
              IAN Holloway reflected on a ‘big effort’ from his side, as Rangers ended a run of six straight Sky Bet Championship defeats by collecting a 2-1 victory at Wolves.

Idrissa Sylla gave the R’s a 53rd-minute lead, before the hosts levelled through Dave Edwards just eight minutes later.

Wolves then piled on the pressure thereafter – but it was to be the Hoops’ afternoon following late, late drama at Molineux.

Pawel Wszolek – who provided the assist for Rangers’ first goal – this time got himself on the scoresheet, showing real determination to poke home an 87th-minute winner.

Speaking shortly after the full-time whistle, Holloway cut a proud figure as he explained to www.qpr.co.uk: “Today I asked for fight and spirit.

“We’ve had players going down [with injury] like skittles, to be honest. And, unfortunately, we couldn’t get Nedum Onuoha off his suspension, [following his red card at Brighton last time out]. So everybody felt a little bit sorry for themselves.

“But that’s as good a fighting spirit as I’ve seen.

“I gave Ryan Manning his debut for us, and he epitomised what I’m all about. He showed heart, fight – that’s also as good a debut as I’ve seen. And I thought the lads really helped him out.

“Jamie Mackie’s been out for seven months. He was a big influence today, as well.

“In reality, we’ve come here and robbed the win, haven’t we? When they got the equaliser, it looked ominous – it looked like we couldn’t cope. And I couldn’t really change things too much.

“In the end, the winner is the luckiest, ugliest goal that you’ll ever see – but Pawel just doesn’t stop running.

“He doesn’t speak much English, but if wants to run and bundle them in like that, I’ll continue to be delighted.”

Holloway added: “It was a big effort from all the players. Football is about building, and building some belief, and we’ve got that tonight through scrapping for things.

“This division is so tough. All the football in the world doesn’t always get you there – especially when you don’t take your chances and someone goes bang at the other end.

“I thought we earned that (the win) from other games, not necessarily today.

“I’m sure Paul (Lambert) will feel that they were the better team, who played the better stuff. But at the end of the day, and as we’ve found out, you’ve got to put the ball in the net.

“We managed to do that twice today – and that feels very nice.”

Next up for Rangers? A visit from Ipswich Town in just two days’ time at Loftus Road.

“The games come thick and fast,” Holloway continued. “We’ve got to get home tonight, come in tomorrow and then get ready for another one on Monday.

“Hopefully we can take the good feeling into the next game.

“It’s nice to have a little bit of confidence which, deep down, is all about believing that you can get a positive result.

“Given what’s happened lately, that’s a big, big performance from us.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk

Comment

I can't see Henry as one of them.

To the OP, the board have never had an issue with spending money, it's the FFP rules that prevent us from spending. Our income is not huge and we have a small ground which don't help.

I'd like to see Sandro, Caulker leave this window, it will save us a lot of money.

Comment

Got to take Swansea to the cleaners if there genuinely interested in Caulker

Comment

Got a feeling we may see Caulker, Chery and Smithies go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Got a feeling we may see Caulker, Chery and Smithies go.
                      Smithies would be a big problem!

Comment

Got to keep Smithies and move Onuhua on who is one of the highest earners we have so he should be moved on while he has a sell on value.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Got to keep Smithies and move Onuhua on who is one of the highest earners we have so he should be moved on while he has a sell on value.
                          To be honest, the only outfield player that I'd say we absolutely must hold onto is Grant Hall. If a decent offer comes in for anyone else we should listen to it. Smithies though is a different matter. Yes, we have a good back up in Matt Ingram but I fear the effect on morale of our best player (Smithies) leaving could be catastrophic!

Comment

I really don't get it why so many critisise Holloway already!
                            He got the heart to bring QPR forward, he gives proper interviews unlike JFH, he hasn't recruited any of the players, at least two games were lost by stupid mistakes of some players, ...
                            either you guys are just not watching our games or you just don't know anything about football. I am really starting to fed up with stupid pointless posts!

Comment

If a big offer comes for Smithies then we have to let him go. We have Ingram who is excellent and can easily be as good with a couple more years under his belt and as long as spent correctly that money would be better off elsewhere on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X