No Chery, no Luongo. Three points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
    There's no point pretending we're a better side without Luongo, Chery etc, we were shocking today. However, let's hope it gives them a kick up the R's to put in some better performances!
    Absolutely, It's about creating a winning mentality that the talent can be fit into.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Absolutely, It's about creating a winning mentality that the talent can be fit into.
      Luongo is average not "talent".

Comment

I've been taken to task quite a lot by Nasser on the subject of luongo. At best average champs/decent div 1 player. I've had stats about his heading,tackling and dribbling etc etcthrown at me. I've missed 5 games this season admittedly but I've yet to see him get beyond the lone striker when he's been one of the attacking midfielders or pick up the ball drive forward, ball into the strikers feet and be available for the wall pass and break from there. Yes he's got nice bits and pieces to his game but tom Carrol had a lovely touch, great first time passing (to full backs) but he didn't get hold of a game and win it for us and neither does mass. I'm sure there will be more stats thrown at me to support mass and as I'm well aware opinions vary but I will be willing to wager we have no bids for him in January from a decent championship side and that he will be another one whose contract will end before a respectable comes in.i hope someone puts pie on my face with a nice bid but I don't see it.

Comment

Let's see this team vs better opposition. Didn't Wolves batter us the whole game? Glad we won though...about time luck went our way!
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
            I've been taken to task quite a lot by Nasser on the subject of luongo. At best average champs/decent div 1 player. I've had stats about his heading,tackling and dribbling etc etcthrown at me. I've missed 5 games this season admittedly but I've yet to see him get beyond the lone striker when he's been one of the attacking midfielders or pick up the ball drive forward, ball into the strikers feet and be available for the wall pass and break from there. Yes he's got nice bits and pieces to his game but tom Carrol had a lovely touch, great first time passing (to full backs) but he didn't get hold of a game and win it for us and neither does mass. I'm sure there will be more stats thrown at me to support mass and as I'm well aware opinions vary but I will be willing to wager we have no bids for him in January from a decent championship side and that he will be another one whose contract will end before a respectable comes in.i hope someone puts pie on my face with a nice bid but I don't see it.
            He's been set as an attacking midfielder once this season so I really don't know what you're on about at first. He's a defensive midfielder. It's that simple. Defensively, he's brilliant at this level and he Will be a very good premier league midfielder in his prime. It's a shame there are people who don't rate him here and will go out of their way to bury his confidence with ridiculous threads just to ensure that - like Matt Phillips and Leroy Fer - he will go on to a better team and succeed there.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Let's kick on without these two lightweight showponies.
              Personally disagree vehemently about Luongo and think that the absence of these 2 players had naff all to do with our win today. Wolves battered us from start to finish. Imo it was the CB pairing of Lynch and Hall with no Nedum that did it.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He's been set as an attacking midfielder once this season so I really don't know what you're on about at first. He's a defensive midfielder. It's that simple. Defensively, he's brilliant at this level and he Will be a very good premier league midfielder in his prime. It's a shame there are people who don't rate him here and will go out of their way to bury his confidence with ridiculous threads just to ensure that - like Matt Phillips and Leroy Fer - he will go on to a better team and succeed there.
                Seriously. A good premiership player? I really wish I could see it.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                  Seriously. A good premiership player? I really wish I could see it.
                  I wish you could too. I definitely see it. The guy is an really talented player and if fans just got behind him, instead of calling him lightweight because he looks like he is (even though he isn't), he's got a chance to reach that potential here. Unfortunately, it only takes one game for some fans to turn on players

Comment

I like luongo as a player but the one thing he needs to start doing is dominating and influencing games more.

Comment

What does he do?

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        What does he do?
                        Exactly, what does he DO?

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                          Exactly, what does he DO?
                          I've just listed it... he makes tackles, wins the ball on the ground and in the air. Everyone seems to thinks he's a different type of player, but he's not.

Comment

Sorry nas but i dont think he will be a prem player at all, the amount of times hes not using his body correctly to sheild the ball and gets tackled is unreal, especially considering this is in the championship! he needs to pick his game up one hell of a lot more to be a premier league player!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Christ this is luongos first season in the championship after having a great 2015 which saw him win the afc player of the tournament. I agree with nass that he'll be a premier league player one day for sure, hes very talented but still needs to find his feet and gain experience at this level. Fact of the matter is, i've seen him play better for us than any of our other midfielders by a country mile. He'll be a good player one day and imo is one of the players we should be building the team around because he has the ability to be a key player for us.
                              Even the best players in the world didn't immediatly set the world on fire and took a few seasons to find their feet and expecting luongo to be the greatest midfielder in the championship after a season and a half is a bit ludicrous

Comment

It's interesting because your adamant he's a defensive midfielder Nas and he's great at that role I see him more advanced then that and more a box to box midfielder and think his best position would be where Chery has been wasted

I have not seen him playing the holding role this season so to suggest he has been I can only assume your doing so to defend his stats which I would say on attacking grounds are appalling

Comment

Working...
                                X