No announcement yet.

The Ollie Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ollie will prove a lot wrong on here tbh!

Many fans have fixated purely on the results of the 6 games we lost which is understandable of course! However, many forget Ollie was tasked with changing the playing philosophy of this squad to the 'QPR' way! This wasn't going to happen overnight and takes time to get across!
    Imo we played well in 3 of the games we lost against top championship sides and if we hand had decent striking options we would of got more points! We lost to derby, villa and Brighton in back to back games but held our own! We should of got the 3 points against Wolves too but Perch had other ideas!
    The only two games I was genuinely disappointed in were Rotherham and Ipswich!

Ollie deserves time and respect as he has got two teams promoted out of this league previously and with Palace just 3 years ago! He loves this club and has also already come out and said what most of us think that we need to sign Championship quality players and need to go all out for a proven striker!

I know the 6 game losing streak hurt but it wasn't all as bad as we made out and certainly not all Ollies fault! Under JFh we might of nicked 3 draws playing mind numbing football but stil would ha e the same problem scoring!

I think Ollies deserves his chance to bring in players he wants at the club and to be given some time to actually get across his methods!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      I think Ollie will prove a lot wrong on here tbh!

Many fans have fixated purely on the results of the 6 games we lost which is understandable of course! However, many forget Ollie was tasked with changing the playing philosophy of this squad to the 'QPR' way! This wasn't going to happen overnight and takes time to get across!
      Imo we played well in 3 of the games we lost against top championship sides and if we hand had decent striking options we would of got more points! We lost to derby, villa and Brighton in back to back games but held our own! We should of got the 3 points against Wolves too but Perch had other ideas!
      The only two games I was genuinely disappointed in were Rotherham and Ipswich!

Ollie deserves time and respect as he has got two teams promoted out of this league previously and with Palace just 3 years ago! He loves this club and has also already come out and said what most of us think that we need to sign Championship quality players and need to go all out for a proven striker!

I know the 6 game losing streak hurt but it wasn't all as bad as we made out and certainly not all Ollies fault! Under JFh we might of nicked 3 draws playing mind numbing football but stil would ha e the same problem scoring!

I think Ollies deserves his chance to bring in players he wants at the club and to be given some time to actually get across his methods!
      He's also failed miserably a few times in this division mate.

He has my support as he is our manager but I'm not gonna disguise the fact that I think he was a very poor appointment.

Comment

What's more important: winning here and there while mired in mid- or low-table mediocrity, or restoring the QPR way where we play with guts and courage, and have the other team thinking we never want to play these guys again? Do the former and we will surely ##### for another 5 years; the latter, and we have a chance to build a winner.
        Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 01-01-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          He's also failed miserably a few times in this division mate.

He has my support as he is our manager but I'm not gonna disguise the fact that I think he was a very poor appointment.

Lol failed miserably?! Like what leaving us when we was about 12th in the championship?! & for all this he hasnt a clue tactically rubbish, he must of fluked all his success lol
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Lol failed miserably?! Like what leaving us when we was about 12th in the championship?! & for all this he hasnt a clue tactically rubbish, he must of fluked all his success lol
            I think he's referring to his time with Millwall to be fair. And possibly Plymouth or Leicester?
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I was actually thinking more of his stint at Millwall which was literally the dictionary definition of failing miserably mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I think he's referring to his time with Millwall to be fair. And possibly Plymouth or Leicester?
                Yeah, this!

Dunno what Pinkie sees when he watches one of Holloway's teams play but it definitely ain't the same as what I see!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Yeah, this!

Dunno what Pinkie sees when he watches one of Holloway's teams play but it definitely ain't the same as what I see!

Yeah youre right tarbie cos every other manager has been a success at every club theyve been at! & you dont know what i see when ollie manages, something called passion and getting average players to believe in themselvds and for each other, a big part of a good football team and how about what hes won with us palace and blackpool?! So kind of makes it abit daft about what i see really! I see a damn sight mpre in ollies teams than i did on jimmys stint here

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Yeah youre right tarbie cos every other manager has been a success at every club theyve been at! & you dont know what i see when ollie manages, something called passion and getting average players to believe in themselvds and for each other, a big part of a good football team and how about what hes won with us palace and blackpool?! So kind of makes it abit daft about what i see really! I see a damn sight mpre in ollies teams than i did on jimmys stint here
                    I see a damn slight less points....which is all that will be remembered at the end of the season!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 02-01-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Hooray for Holliway!

Not only the players would have grown in confidence after the last two results

(Merge as you wish)

Please correct typo in thread title.

Comment

So pleased for holloway. Losing 6 games straight was always gonna get the fans against him, some more than others rodman but I think he's done a fantastic job bringing in a youngster and leaving out his captain. Olly has minerals and we should all been proud of him staying positive and pushing us to safety.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Where's Rodman gone?
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            So pleased for holloway. Losing 6 games straight was always gonna get the fans against him, some more than others rodman but I think he's done a fantastic job bringing in a youngster and leaving out his captain. Olly has minerals and we should all been proud of him staying positive and pushing us to safety.
                            Well said weare, couldnt agree more, ollies really shown some under the pressure hes got under to put the last two teams out he has, full credit for that, hopefully more will get behind him now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Where's Rodman gone?

lolol theres quite a few others aswell i could name and shame

Comment

Ollie's new coach having an effect ? The defence has shown grit under the cosh last 2

Comment

Working...
                                X