The Ollie Factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ollie Factor

Yes, we have a questionable squad of talent, and certainly one lacking both goals and confidence these days. Hopefully January will see some brisk transfer biz so we can escape the embarrassment of relegation. But I've got to say, I really love the way Ollie has manned up. We complained for years on this site about lackluster, over-the-hill, or mediocre managers. Ollie, if nothing else, brings spirit, drive and dignity back to this club. After Redknapp's charade. After Ramsey's inability to measure up. After JFH's stubbornness in pushing a boring, slow and losing style of play. Give Ollie our support. He's fun to watch, inspiring to hear, and soon will have us all cheering again for something that's gone missing: wins.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Yes, we have a questionable squad of talent, and certainly one lacking both goals and confidence these days. Hopefully January will see some brisk transfer biz so we can escape the embarrassment of relegation. But I've got to say, I really love the way Ollie has manned up. We complained for years on this site about lackluster, over-the-hill, or mediocre managers. Ollie, if nothing else, brings spirit, drive and dignity back to this club. After Redknapp's charade. After Ramsey's inability to measure up. After JFH's stubbornness in pushing a boring, slow and losing style of play. Give Ollie our support. He's fun to watch, inspiring to hear, and soon will have us all cheering again for something that's gone missing: wins.
    this is a wind up surely, sarcasm from start to finish.

Comment

We can only hope but for me its not Ollie that needs to improve, its the players. They collectively have been terrible so far this season barring the first couple of games. They are good players, but are just so inconsistent its almost like they are frightened of expressing themselves. Don't know what is gonna get them out of this rut but they have to start showing it soon otherwise they will be league 1 players next season.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
        Just interested...did you hate Ollie when he took us to the playoff final then up to the Championship with an unbeaten home record that season? Then kept us up comfortably? Just wondering when the utter hatred for the man started is all.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He has a point though, we have nothing to gain from trying to lynch ollie. And at least with ollie here we have someone whos a bit transparent with how much of a mess the team is and how underqualified it is. I never expected us to go up for one second this season but i didnt expect us to do this bad though but thats not ollies fault, we were awful under jfh and he'd simply set up the team to not lose but there was no chance of progress under him and even in hindsight i'm glad we got rid of him simply because going to games felt more like a chore rather than a fun day out the house

Comment

Bet youre gutted about the result today rod?
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Good result today and I hope we have turned a corner? Lets hope we all have a good 2017.

Comment

I agree 73 but just shows how youve been going on and on and on as if the worlds about to fall through lol

Comment

Pinkie. Starting to worry about how much you love to jump on my posts slightly obsessive. A good win today regardless of the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Pinkie. Starting to worry about how much you love to jump on my posts slightly obsessive. A good win today regardless of the performance.

Youve been constantly spouting on every thread going mate putting ollie down along with quite a few, as ive said before quite embarrising anyway onwards and upwards

Comment

I have no problem with Ollie the man just never fancied him this time around but we have him and I will support while here and credit where due he got a win today so fair play. The big concern I have had for a while is the chairman not Ollie. I see it differently to you does not make me right nor wrong but just an opinion. Bottom line is I want a secure club with a half decent team on the pitch

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        I have no problem with Ollie the man just never fancied him this time around but we have him and I will support while here and credit where due he got a win today so fair play. The big concern I have had for a while is the chairman not Ollie. I see it differently to you does not make me right nor wrong but just an opinion. Bottom line is I want a secure club with a half decent team on the pitch
                        Fair enough 73 and we all want the same thing, but you have to have patience, as for tf id not want anyone else tbh, we all make mistakes! anyway happy new year mate

Comment

You too Pinkie. I fear for our club as a whole and have done for a while way before Ollie returning. Just for the record Ollie gave me a great day in 2004 at Hillsborough so never could I dislike the man. I hope he succeeds as would hate for him to tarnish first time around a bit like Gerry.

Comment

When's the last time we had a manager with the courage to tell the truth and the flair to make it entertaining? Ollie said we played bad football today but with total heart; so refreshingly honest. RedKnapp would twitch his way thru gobbly gook. Ramsey would have used shallow cliches. JFH would have barely cracked a smile as part of his humorless and boring reign. Ollie wears everything on his sleeve, for all to see, without false sincerity or pandering. I love this guy; he's breathing passion and guts into this club. So to the bellyachers out there, shut it. To the fans who appreciate guts as well as glory, welcome to the future!
                            Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 01-01-2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Just interested...did you hate Ollie when he took us to the playoff final then up to the Championship with an unbeaten home record that season? Then kept us up comfortably? Just wondering when the utter hatred for the man started is all.
                              I've disliked him from the last 12 months of his first stint with us. You know, the period where he kept picking Georges Santos up front.

I thought he'd proven himself to be completely tactically inept at this level at that point and if anything I think he's actually got worse since then!

Comment

Working...
                              X