pelters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pelters

Prob going to get dogs abuse on here but here goes.If Tony had backed our lovable Harry in that knee gate transfer window we 100 percent would not be in the crap we in now. Not saying we would not of gone down but we be more stable,we have players that can play at this level etc as Harry does know a player tbf. So IMO Tony dropped a huge one not giving him the dosh to go with his targets as they got to be ok prob older deraer than Les choice but a lot better.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

One thing is CERTAIN we wouldn't have gone down as easy as we did under Ferdinands Patsy and I do believe he could have done a better job than ### in steading the ship with or without money had we gone down

Comment

Agree with op though can completely understand why club went opposite direction. No doubt would do it differently now given another chance. Gave up on survival far too easily that year.

Comment

Defoe has done quite well. Maybe we should have signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          Defoe has done quite well. Maybe we should have signed him.
          Defoe and Austin would have been probably the top strike partnership goals wise had we signed him.

Comment

The same Harry that spunked best part of £10m on Sandro (saddling us with three years worth of wages) and also wanted to spend 14 on Borini?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
              The same Harry that spunked best part of £10m on Sandro (saddling us with three years worth of wages) and also wanted to spend 14 on Borini?
              Harry never signed Sandro he asked for Sandro to be signed ! but he never agreed the fee or or the length of his contract his wages or carried out his medical the club did the negotiations of details

Comment

Il be honest I was sick to death of Redknapp and wanted him gone but you look at his record as manager here and it's better than anyone bar Warnock.He really didn't do that bad a job.

Also we actually recouped money back from some of his signings, a rarity for us in the last few years.

Comment

Thought I'd post this suggestion here, purely because of the title of the thread.... Grant Holt anybody??....
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

The PE teacher had never managed before and will neve manage again..... But Les appointed him. FFS.

Comment

Ramsey was appointed as interim manager. Tony approached Clement who said he didn't want to leave Barcelona until the end of the season. This is when Tony said they had found the ideal manager. Then Ramsey unfortunately (in hindsight) won an away game and it was decided (I believe by the board) to give him the job. I'm not sure exactly what the job of a director of football is (other than advise the board and the manager) but I would be surprised if he was the sole decision maker regarding the appointment of the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        Ramsey was appointed as interim manager. Tony approached Clement who said he didn't want to leave Barcelona until the end of the season. This is when Tony said they had found the ideal manager. Then Ramsey unfortunately (in hindsight) won an away game and it was decided (I believe by the board) to give him the job. I'm not sure exactly what the job of a director of football is (other than advise the board and the manager) but I would be surprised if he was the sole decision maker regarding the appointment of the manager.
                        Hmmmm wonder if Ollie could still become interim manager..........
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Harry never signed Sandro he asked for Sandro to be signed ! but he never agreed the fee or or the length of his contract his wages or carried out his medical the club did the negotiations of details
                          Haha, so sandro is all the fault of evil les?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            Haha, so sandro is all the fault of evil les?
                            probably... evil les is so evil that he invented time travel to go back to before he was appointed, sign sandro without anyone noticing and fatally undermine his performance as dof. he is allegedly that evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              Prob going to get dogs abuse on here but here goes.If Tony had backed our lovable Harry in that knee gate transfer window we 100 percent would not be in the crap we in now. Not saying we would not of gone down but we be more stable,we have players that can play at this level etc as Harry does know a player tbf. So IMO Tony dropped a huge one not giving him the dosh to go with his targets as they got to be ok prob older deraer than Les choice but a lot better.
                              uncle tony did back rosie's owner heavily in 3 out of the previous 4 windows, and got fairly mundane performances for his money (a gutless relegation, struggling to go up via the play-offs and looking like certainties for relegation), but his big mistake was not throwing more money at red chap? no... red chap was coasting along, making excuse after excuse, pocketing his cash and relying on fernandes and co to splash the cash.

it's difficult to think of a single player who improved under red chap (apart from austin, who, arguably, has improved under every manager he's played under). for all his faults, ramsey improved phillips and hall. jfh improved hoilett and polter (and averaged more than a point a game with what's now deemed to be an awful squad).

Comment

Working...
                              X